A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

ryryguy

First Post
Undaunted, Ingot pushes its way through the rubble to reach the wraith. "There is no escape for you!" it says. But belying its words, the creature dodges and its blade strikes only stone with a thunderous crash. "Meepo! Vulkar bolsters you!" it prays.

[sblock=Actions]Move: to L1
Standard: Split the Sky (+1 vet's armor) vs Wraith (1d20+9+1=13, 1d12+5=8) Dammit. Would have hit on a 5.
Minor: Healing Word for meepo: surge plus Healing word for meepo (1d6+3=8)[/sblock]
[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 3
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:12, Will:17 -- Speed:5
HP:20/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left: 6/9
Initiative 0
Action Points: 0, Daily Item Uses: 2, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand,
Healing Word(x2)
Healing Strike, Split the Sky, Warforged Resolve, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead)
Avenging Flame, Armor of Faith
Acidic Fullblade, Acidic Fullblade
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Ingot and Meepo may be having some trouble finishing off their wraith, but the other kobold-warforged duo continue their beatdown. Crag and Jax charge at the wraith as it flees, splitting up halfway down the corridor. They meet up on opposite sides of the aberration and slash it into several pieces.

Jax's head pounds from the psychic assaults, and he nearly collapses along with the wraith. Crag, on the the other hand, limmediately turns toward the remaining enemy and points his sword at it menacingly.

[sblock=Combined actions]Jax
Move: walk to J8.

Standard: ready action to Piercing Strike the wraith after Crag attacks.

Crag
Move: walk to J4.

Standard: Charge Wraith 1, moving to L6. Melee basic vs Wraith 1 hits AC 30 for 12 damage.

Readied: Piercing Strike vs Wraith 1 hits Reflex 27 for 22 damage.[/sblock]
[sblock=Crag's Stats][http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:Crag_(Kalidrev) Crag] - Warforged Warden 3
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
AC 21, Fort 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
HP 41/56, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges 9/14
Speed 6, Initiative +1

Action Points: 0, Second Wind

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Strength of Stone
Earth Shield Strike
Roots of Stone
Earthgrasp Strike
Warforged Resolve
Form of the Winter's Herald (Form of the Winter's Herald Attack)

[/sblock][sblock=Jax's Stats]PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 17
AC:17, Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:10/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:1/9
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Second Wind

Conditions

Powers
Shifty
Clever Strike
Piercing Strike
Sly Lunge
Sneak in the Attack
Press the Advantage
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As Jax's blade pierces the wraith, it dissipates into a reddish light that streaks towards Veneficus, striking him square in the chest.

The wizard screams and falls to his knees; his hands clutch his head in pain. Then his right hand stretches grotesquely and begins to bubble with rocky outcroppings, transforming within moments into a hardened rock exterior. Two protrusions sprout from his back, unfurling into wings, and his neck extends as his face contorts in pain. A large tail stretches out of his lower back and his face grows longer and more...draconic. When the transformation is complete, the dragon rests on four powerful legs, his eyes aglow with a white luminescence. He smiles wickedly. "Fools! The staff is mine,” he hisses. "Once you are gone I will free my brethren and we shall destroy this world of yours!" it laughs and suddenly the very ground around it starts to quake.

37.jpg

[sblock=ooc]
Ok, so death of Wraith 1 triggers this transformation. Takes up I/J 4/5

Young Earthquake Dragon
HP 122; Bloodied 61
AC 20; Fortitude 17; Reflex 17; Will 15
Darkvision, Tremorsense 10
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
"Not again!" Ingot says.

[sblock=ooc]So... no encounter or daily powers left here... no action point... I think everyone else is in similar shape, huh? I guess we run?

(wait, still have Healing Strike, that is all.)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Yup, everyone went Nova in the first few rounds for the most part never expecting my dastardly plan :devil:

Crag's still got his encounter left, as does Ingot (who also his his daily item power) & I think Meepo still has his Daily power if one of you drops. + both his Inspiring Words.

It's a good thing you didn't kill the wraiths before the elementals... then you would've been screwed
[/sblock]

duhexenhase

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Discretion is the better part of valor, but I don't know if there is any place we could take a little break.

The only best idea I have is that you all need to get in range of the dragon so that I can use Diabolical Strategy to give you all an OA on him.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn turns to his mechanical friend, uncertainty in his eyes.

"Do we test our luck against a dragon again?"

// Happy to fight - should be a tense battle! But if folks want to flee, I don't want Dorn to be the first (and only) one to attack ;)

Dekana

Explorer
Jax screams in abject terror at the dragon. He immediately turns to flee.

[sblock=ooc]...and he will unless he gets some amount of healing before his next turn. I want to fight on too, but attacking that dragon is not my idea of courage. It's more like... suicide. Not at 10 hp anyway.

Crag, however, will be quite happy to fight the good fight at this point. He has lots of health and powers left.

R1: Yes, I don't think anyone was foreseeing your dastardly plan of pitting this encounter right next to an apparent elite or solo without a rest. :eek:[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Crag]
I'm about 100% certain Crag would stay and fight.[/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana DC 14]
This dragon is known as an earthquake dragon, although they are powerful, they are closer in strength to a wyrmling of the chromatic and metallic dragons. They have the ability to disrupt the earth around them and after only moments (aka 3 rounds) they can cause a minor earthquake around them, hence their names. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases