A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

renau1g

First Post
Surprise Round

[sblock=Crag/Ingot]
You see a pair of dragons hiding amongst the bushes ahead of you, they are lying in wait.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
HP 78; Bloodied 39
AC 16; Fortitude 14; Reflex 16; Will 14
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Ok so it's a surprise round. Crag and Ingot both spot the enemies (yes Ingot even you... their stealth was 12). Crag acts first. Then bad guys, then Ingot, Crag again (as we move into regular combat), then the bad guys again, then the rest. (confusing?)

Enemies - perfect

Init:
Crag - 20 - 49/49 - 14/14 <- Really? 14 HS'? How can I kill you? Oh wait I'll kill Ingot first :p
Bad Guys - 19
Ingot - 19 - 32/32 - 8/9
Jax - 17 - 24/24 - 6/7
Dorn - 10 - 27/27 - 6/6
Rrek - 5 - 12/12 <- wait you too?

Dorn; rrek; jax; ingot; crag; baddie (1d20 5=10, 1d20 2=5, 1d20 5=17, 1d20=19, 1d20 1=21, 1d20 7=19) Crag!!!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Renau1g -
so do we lose 1 surge for failing the endurance checks?

Also, are we going to do the full "floating initiative" style, where players can act in any order and act in the order that they post?[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
re: surges - yes you & Jax are down 1 - I'll update

re: Init - I posted an order above. You can pretty much post in any order you want as long as you let me know if you want to go before or after someone (i.e. I need to drop Righteous Brand on the bad guy, so Jax can hit with X power). If you don't I will go with the above order.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
As the team moves through the woods, Crag stops the group rather suddenly.

"Dragons ahead! Ready yourselves!" Crag says, unsheathing his longsword, shield having been worn the whole trip. He points his sword to the left and the right to indicate about where the dragons were hiding.

[sblock=Surprise Round Action]
- Minor: Draw longsword
[/sblock]

[sblock=Healing Surges] Yeah, both Rrek and I are Con based defenders, he being a shielding swordmage, and I being an Earthstrength Warden. I would be the same as him if it weren't for the fact that I have been treating my CON as my primary attribute, rather than my Strength (which is why my to-hit sucks beans, but my Hit Points are phenomenal). Unfortunately, my true weakness is certainly a lack of self healing, but I'm hoping to get that sorted out through items (Cloak of the Walking Wounded please!!) and powers later on down the road. [/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
As the team moves through the woods, Crag stops the group rather suddenly.

"Dragons ahead! Ready yourselves!" Crag says, unsheathing his longsword, shield having been worn the whole trip. He points his sword to the left and the right to indicate about where the dragons were hiding.

[sblock=Kal]
My RPGA dwarven warden also has 18 Con and 16 Str. One feat that just came out in PP is Crippling Crush (add your Con mod to attacks that slow or immobilize an enemy when using a hammer or mace) I have Weight of Earth as an at-will so it applies as does my daily (Winter's Herald) power. I was doing 1d10+11 damage on my at-will today, brutal 2 (3 str, 4 con, 2 enhance, 2 dwarven weapon training) and was out damaging our bow ranger, while at the same time have a boatload of hp and surges :) I did at least 13 damage each hit. I crit once with it and did near max crit damage so it was 30 damage with at-will... the DM had to look over my sheet to make sure I was doing it right....
[/sblock]

Realizing that their cover was blown the dragons take off and fly 15 feet in the air, hovering in place, still behind the cover of the trees.

[sblock=stats]
HP 78; Bloodied 39
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Dragons only action is to fly up 15 feet and D1 moves south to get behind the trees. They currently have superior cover from you. (3 squares of bush will do that)

Crag you're up again in the full first round

Enemies - perfect

Init:
Crag - 20 - 49/49 - 14/14 <- You're up
Bad Guys - 19
Ingot - 19 - 32/32 - 8/9
Jax - 17 - 24/24 - 6/7
Dorn - 10 - 27/27 - 6/6
Rrek - 5 - 12/12

Dorn; rrek; jax; ingot; crag; baddie (1d20 5=10, 1d20 2=5, 1d20 5=17, 1d20=19, 1d20 1=21, 1d20 7=19) Crag!!!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Hmmm, the dragons have cleverly placed themselves just out of range of Sacred Flame... not that Ingot would be likely to hit with the superior cover, anyway.

Breath weapons incoming? Ouch![/sblock]

Ingot watches the dragons moving behind the trees, and steels itself against their anticipated onslaught. OOC: Total defense, +2 to all defenses until start of next turn.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Not sure they are actually. At least in the last aerial combat our DM ran for us he said 4e doesn't really use 3d combat and if something's 15 ft away and 15 ft up, for range purposes it's still only 15 ft away, not 30. So I believe they are in range, not that tey know it, they just know that they're out of reach of the big guys blade,
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Yeah, I always rule it as the greater of the two distances when I DM. If they're farther away horizontally, then I use that distance. If the enemy is farther away vertically, then I use that instead. That way I don't have to do exact measurements and it's not impossible for the PCs to attack someone who is 5 squares up and 6 squares away. (plus, then I don't have to calculate the distance three dimentionally, blech. What a pain.) [/sblock]

"Come out and fight you scaly cowards! We know you're out there, come and get me, lizard breath!"

Crag walks into the clearing and holds his sword at the ready, waiting for one to get close enough to swing a sword at, opening his consciousness to Terra for protection.

[sblock=Actions]
- Move: Moves as close as he can to P-25 (not sure if the square at M-22 is difficult terrain or not; If it is, Crag will move to P-24 instead).
- Standard: Crag readies an action to attack the first dragon to get within reach of his sword. (I pre-rolled the attack, incase this happens; Crag is going to use Strength of Earth, and will hit for 13 damage and gain 5 Temp HP. [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc range]It's not the vertical, it's the horizontal! The closest is 6 squares from Ingot across the ground and Sacred Flame has a range of only 5![/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Ingot watches the dragons moving behind the trees, and steels itself against their anticipated onslaught.

"Come out and fight you scaly cowards! We know you're out there, come and get me, lizard breath!"

Crag walks into the clearing and holds his sword at the ready, waiting for one to get close enough to swing a sword at, opening his consciousness to Terra for protection.

"Very well, but wouldn't you rather come clossser to usss?" the southern dragon says to Crag, who finds himself stepping further away from his allies, despite himself.

It then sneaks through the hole the warrior vacated and flies towards the large group of allies. The group is bathed in a chlorine gas that eats away at any exposed flesh and enters their bodies. You can feel the insidious substance worming through your central nervous system, slowing your movements and wracking you with pain.

The northern one leaps from the cover of the trees and streaks towards the waiting Crag, thinking him an easy target. It soon learns the folly of its thoughts as the blade stabs into it and the beast's attack is foiled.

[sblock=stats]
HP 78; Bloodied 39
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
D1 - Uses Luring Gaze on Crag - vs will (1d20 5=18) slides him 1 to P25 as a minor, moves to N19, still hovering, unleashes breath weapon. vs fort (jax, ingot, dorn, rrek); acid dmg (1d20 5=13, 1d20 5=17, 1d20 5=16, 1d20 5=22, 1d8 2=9) Hits all of you for 9 poison damage, and you're taking 5 ongoing poison and slowed (save ends) with an after effect, slowed (save ends).

D2 charges Crag - vs ac; dmg (1d20 8=17, 1d8 3=6) missing, but being stabbed by Crag's blade

D1 - perfect
D2 - 65/78
Ingot - Ongoing 5 poison, slowed (save ends) - after affect - slowed (save ends)
Jax - Ongoing 5 poison, slowed (save ends) - after affect - slowed (save ends)
Dorn - Ongoing 5 poison, slowed (save ends) - after affect - slowed (save ends)
Rrek - Ongoing 5 poison, slowed (save ends) - after affect - slowed (save ends)

Init:
Crag - 20 - 49/49 +5thp - 14/14
Bad Guys - 19
Ingot - 19 - 24/32 - 8/9 <- You're up
Jax - 17 - 15/24 - 6/7
Dorn - 10 - 18/27 - 6/6
Rrek - 5 - 24/33 - 12/12

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases