A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

nerdytenor

First Post
Jax said:
"Quickly, Dorn! Before we're surrounded! Let's thin their ranks."

"As you wish, my good kobold." Dorn blasts the fiery elemental with lightning, destroying it, and a thin echo of lightning flies into the nearby wraith. (Lightning Strike hits Ref 24 for 14 lightning damage. Wraith 1 takes 4 lightning damage). Concerned for Jax's safety, Dorn steps forward (Move to E4) and activates his magic armor (Use repulsion leather armor - DM, I will use immediate reaction whenever an enemy moves adjacent to Dorn and will push the enemy one square back from whence it came unless noted otherwise.).

"I'll try to keep these elementals away from us, Jax"

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 3
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 18, Fort 12, Reflex 15, Will 17 (base defenses)
HP 32/32 Bloodied 16 Surge Value 8, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +8
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Fire (resist 5, ignore 5 enemy resistance)
+1 AC from even roll
Repulsion Armor Activated

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
Ice Dragon's Teeth
Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Ice Javelins
USED Deep Shroud
Deathstalker Dagger
USED Repulsion Leather Armor

1x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I think I like where Ingot is standing. Flamespiker 1 won't be able to get past Ingot and attack the wizard, not without taking an OA at least.

Maybe it's a good time for Sacred Flame?[/sblock]

duhexenhase

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Any chance of Ingot being within striking distance of an enemy so that I can use CS. My damage output is like nothing, but I don't want to hold things down any longer.

Come to think of it, it probably would be better for him to stay put.

[/sblock]

Edit: Disregard.

Last edited:

duhexenhase

First Post
[sblock=Action]
move: K2
standard: Basic whip Attack Spiker 1. 1d20+6=21, 1d4+3=5
minor: Shitfy J1
[/sblock]

Meepo looked around as more enemies seemingly came from no where once more. "Guys, what's with it with all of you? Everywhere we go, it seems like someone wants to kill you." All this combat was starting to weigh on him. Though he talked the talk, he had barely even seen combat in the Beetle War.

Yet still, the foes were coming after him just as much as the rest of the party. He waded into combat by himself this time, his whip in hand. Once the blow was delivered, however, he did what was in his blood and ran away.

[sblock=Stats]Meepo the Brave Male Kobold Warlord 1
Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:12
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:6/8
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Shifty
Wolf Pack Tactics
Commander's Strike

Diabolic Stratagem
Second Wind
Inspiring Word

Fearless Rescue
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Poor Meepo

Jax twirls around to face the earth-man at the rear. He rushes at it!

"Quickly, Dorn! Before we're surrounded! Let's thin their ranks."

Despite his severe fatigue and his many injuries, Jax stabs at the target nearly a dozen times in quick succession, his blade ripping out chunks of flame and gravel from the creature. (flamespiker 2 has 5 hp left) Still, the rogue is noticeably lax in defending himself, wobbling on his feet as he is and his arms only lowly raised. He steps backwards so as not to remain in melee.

"As you wish, my good kobold." Dorn blasts the fiery elemental with lightning, destroying it, and a thin echo of lightning flies into the nearby wraith. Concerned for Jax's safety, Dorn steps forward

"I'll try to keep these elementals away from us, Jax"

Ingot hurls some divine fire at the nearest enemy, the holy flames burn the elemental creature

[sblock=ooc]
vs ref; radiant (1d20+5=20, 1d6+4=8) hits spiker for 8 + Jax gains 2 thp[/sblock]

Meepo looked around as more enemies seemingly came from no where once more. "Guys, what's with it with all of you? Everywhere we go, it seems like someone wants to kill you." All this combat was starting to weigh on him. Though he talked the talk, he had barely even seen combat in the Beetle War.

Yet still, the foes were coming after him just as much as the rest of the party. He waded into combat by himself this time, his whip in hand. Once the blow was delivered, however, he did what was in his blood and ran away. However, the elemental was less tolerable of the insolent kobold than the beetle's were and his arm stretched impossibly long, slamming into Meepo and the kobold felt hot, and then a blast of thunder that left him reeling. It then charges at him, delivering a glancing blow.

The other elemental moves forward and stabs at Dorn, striking the half-orc and causing some superficial wounds.

The wraiths drift forward and unleash terrible wails, their power affecting Jax, Dorn, Crag, and Meepo, psychic energy slams into them.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
Spiker 1: Immediate Reaction to Meepo shifting - Thunderfire Thrust - vs ac; 1d8+1 damage +1d6 fire (1d20+10=20, 1d8+1+1d6=10) hits for 10 and then secondary attack - vs fort; thunder (1d20+8=27, 1d10+4=7) hits for 7 thunder and Meepo's Stunned (save ends)
Charge! charge vs. meepo (1d20+13=20, 1d8+1+1d6=5) hits for 5.

Spiker 2: move to E6 - attack Dorn -vs ac; dmg against Dorn (1d20+10=18, 1d8+1+1d6=7) hits for 7

Wraith 27 - moves to K6 - uses Maddening Whispers - vs will (Crag, Meepo, Ingot, Veneficus, Jax) (1d20+5=14, 1d20+5=23, 1d20+5=16, 1d20+5=11, 1d20+5=19) hits Crag, Meepo, and Jax for 5 psychic (1d6+4=5). Jax is slid to F5

Wraith 1 moves to D7 (avoiding OA) - uses Maddening Whispers - vs will (Crag, Meepo, Dorn, Veneficus, Jax) (1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=8, 1d20+5=23, 1d20+5=14, 1d20+5=20) hits Craf, Dorn, and Jax for psychic (1d6+4=8) 8 , Dorn's slide to E5 [/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Stats]
Flamespiker
HP 48; Bloodied 24
AC 19; Fortitude 15; Reflex 14; Will 14
Immune disease; petrification; poison; Resist 10 fire

"Wraith"
HP 55; Bloodied 27
AC 18; Fortitude 15; Reflex 15; Will 17
Immune gaze
Blindsight
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
init (1d20+5=14)

Everyone but Crag goes first.

Jax : 22/33 - 1/9 surges
Dorn: 22/32 - Repulsion Armor active
Crag: 43/56
Ingot: 37/37
Meepo: 5/27 - bloodied, Stunned (save ends)
Flamespiker 1: 39/48 - used Thunderfire Thrust
Flamespiker 2: 48/48 <- wowzers
Flamespiker 3: 48/48
Wraith 1: 51/55
Wraith 27: 55/55
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Fire.jpg
    Fire.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
[sblock=Two quick questions]
Dorn has resist 5 fire from Wild Soul at the moment - would that reduce the damage from the spiker's attack?

Dorn would have pushed the first enemy to come adjacent to him with his armor power - would that have affected anything?
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
1) yes you only take 2 rather than 7 damage from the attack. I'll update

2) no enemies moved adjacent to you. The spiker has reach 2. [/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=strategy]I hope this conflict of interest isn't too staggering. I swear, I don't want Crag to get killed from OAs any more than I want Jax to! ;)

My thinking is that we want to blitz the north group of enemies before they put down Jax & Dorn. So I'm spending Crag's AP in 100% offense mode.[/sblock]Crag
Crag stares down the wraith bearing down on him, but he does not charge into it. Instead, he seemingly retreats from his foe, crashing through the chunks of rocks to his northeast. But only seemingly. He approaches the northern magma-creature and slams into it from behind. The fractures between the beast's rocky form are immediately visible to the warden; he aims his repeated attacks at the rifts, causing massive structural damage.

Jax
Emboldened by Crag's charge - and scared at the results of Meepo's own attempt to flee - Jax decides to press the attack. He jabs quickly at the flamespiker, diverting its gaze long enough for Crag to pick out another weak point, and then hops over into a flanking position. The kobold then strikes hard into the beast's chest, hoping to put it down in the lightning-fast combined attack.

[sblock=Combined actions]Crag
Move: walk to E7 (if Flamespiker 3 has threatening reach, this will provoke an OA.)

Free: mark Flamespiker 3 and Wraith 1.

Standard: Earthgrasp Strike vs Flamespiker 3 hits AC 25 for 6 damage and knocks the target prone. The Flamespiker can't stand until after Crag's next turn, and it takes more damage when it stands up (but it's not going to live long enough to do so).

AP-Standard: Strength of Stone vs Flamespiker 3 hits AC 22 for 10 damage, and Crag gains 5 temp hp.

Jax
Minor: Sneak in the Attack vs Flamespiker 3.

Move: walk to E5. (not shifty! That looked like it got Meepo in trouble, lol) This provokes from the flamespiker.

Crag
Immediate Interrupt: Warden's Fury vs Flamespiker 3, assuming it takes the OA against Jax (which is at -4 to hit btw), hits Fort 19 for 19 damage (including Sneak in the Attack).

Jax
Standard: Piercing Strike vs Flamespiker 3 hits Reflex 32 for 18 damage.

All said, the Flamespiker is dead if it took its OA vs Jax, or it's at 14/48 hp and prone if it did not.[/sblock]
[sblock=Crag's Stats][http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:Crag_(Kalidrev) Crag] - Warforged Warden 3
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
AC 21, Fort 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
HP 43/56 + 5 THP, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges 9/14
Speed 6, Initiative +1

Action Points: 0, Second Wind

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Strength of Stone
Earth Shield Strike
Roots of Stone
Earthgrasp Strike
Warforged Resolve
Form of the Winter's Herald (Form of the Winter's Herald Attack)

[/sblock][sblock=Jax's Stats]PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 17
AC:17, Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:33/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:1/9
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Second Wind

Conditions

Powers
Shifty
Clever Strike
Piercing Strike
Sly Lunge