D&D 4th Edition A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe) - Page 93




What's on your mind?

  1. #921
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    nerdytenor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,999

    Ignore nerdytenor
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    "Quickly, Dorn! Before we're surrounded! Let's thin their ranks."
    "As you wish, my good kobold." Dorn blasts the fiery elemental with lightning, destroying it, and a thin echo of lightning flies into the nearby wraith. (Lightning Strike hits Ref 24 for 14 lightning damage. Wraith 1 takes 4 lightning damage). Concerned for Jax's safety, Dorn steps forward (Move to E4) and activates his magic armor (Use repulsion leather armor - DM, I will use immediate reaction whenever an enemy moves adjacent to Dorn and will push the enemy one square back from whence it came unless noted otherwise.).

    "I'll try to keep these elementals away from us, Jax"

    Dorn Stat Block

    Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 3
    Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
    AC 18, Fort 12, Reflex 15, Will 17 (base defenses)
    HP 32/32 Bloodied 16 Surge Value 8, Surges 7/7
    Speed 6, Initiative +8
    Action Points: 1

    Current Effects
    Wild Soul: Fire (resist 5, ignore 5 enemy resistance)
    +1 AC from even roll
    Repulsion Armor Activated

    Encounter Resources
    Bedeviling Burst
    Ice Dragon's Teeth
    Furious Assault
    Half-Orc Resilience
    Second Wind
    Use Action Point

    Daily Resources
    USED Ice Javelins
    USED Deep Shroud
    Deathstalker Dagger
    USED Repulsion Leather Armor

    1x potion of healing

 

  • #922
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    ooc

    ryry is on vacation I believe. Any suggestions? No AP or Daily I'd say on this turn

  • #923
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    Ignore Dekana
    ooc
    I think I like where Ingot is standing. Flamespiker 1 won't be able to get past Ingot and attack the wizard, not without taking an OA at least.

    Maybe it's a good time for Sacred Flame?
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #924
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    nerdytenor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,999

    Ignore nerdytenor
    My communities:

    // Sounds reasonable, Dekana. And grant Jax the tmp hp if it hits.

  • #925
    ooc

    Any chance of Ingot being within striking distance of an enemy so that I can use CS. My damage output is like nothing, but I don't want to hold things down any longer.

    Come to think of it, it probably would be better for him to stay put.



    Edit: Disregard.
    Last edited by duhexenhase; Sunday, 18th July, 2010 at 03:43 AM.
    Meepo the Brave (L4W)

  • #926
    Action

    move: K2
    standard: Basic whip Attack Spiker 1. 1d20+6=21, 1d4+3=5
    minor: Shitfy J1


    Meepo looked around as more enemies seemingly came from no where once more. "Guys, what's with it with all of you? Everywhere we go, it seems like someone wants to kill you." All this combat was starting to weigh on him. Though he talked the talk, he had barely even seen combat in the Beetle War.

    Yet still, the foes were coming after him just as much as the rest of the party. He waded into combat by himself this time, his whip in hand. Once the blow was delivered, however, he did what was in his blood and ran away.

    Stats
    Meepo the Brave Male Kobold Warlord 1
    Initiative: +4
    Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Normal
    AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:12
    HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:6/8
    Action Points: 1
    Powers:
    Shifty
    Wolf Pack Tactics
    Commander's Strike

    Diabolic Stratagem
    Second Wind
    Inspiring Word

    Fearless Rescue
    Meepo the Brave (L4W)

  • #927
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Poor Meepo

    Jax twirls around to face the earth-man at the rear. He rushes at it!

    "Quickly, Dorn! Before we're surrounded! Let's thin their ranks."

    Despite his severe fatigue and his many injuries, Jax stabs at the target nearly a dozen times in quick succession, his blade ripping out chunks of flame and gravel from the creature. (flamespiker 2 has 5 hp left) Still, the rogue is noticeably lax in defending himself, wobbling on his feet as he is and his arms only lowly raised. He steps backwards so as not to remain in melee.

    "As you wish, my good kobold." Dorn blasts the fiery elemental with lightning, destroying it, and a thin echo of lightning flies into the nearby wraith. Concerned for Jax's safety, Dorn steps forward

    "I'll try to keep these elementals away from us, Jax"

    Ingot hurls some divine fire at the nearest enemy, the holy flames burn the elemental creature

    ooc

    vs ref; radiant (1d20+5=20, 1d6+4=8) hits spiker for 8 + Jax gains 2 thp


    Meepo looked around as more enemies seemingly came from no where once more. "Guys, what's with it with all of you? Everywhere we go, it seems like someone wants to kill you." All this combat was starting to weigh on him. Though he talked the talk, he had barely even seen combat in the Beetle War.

    Yet still, the foes were coming after him just as much as the rest of the party. He waded into combat by himself this time, his whip in hand. Once the blow was delivered, however, he did what was in his blood and ran away. However, the elemental was less tolerable of the insolent kobold than the beetle's were and his arm stretched impossibly long, slamming into Meepo and the kobold felt hot, and then a blast of thunder that left him reeling. It then charges at him, delivering a glancing blow.

    The other elemental moves forward and stabs at Dorn, striking the half-orc and causing some superficial wounds.

    The wraiths drift forward and unleash terrible wails, their power affecting Jax, Dorn, Crag, and Meepo, psychic energy slams into them.

    Enemy Actions

    Spiker 1: Immediate Reaction to Meepo shifting - Thunderfire Thrust - vs ac; 1d8+1 damage +1d6 fire (1d20+10=20, 1d8+1+1d6=10) hits for 10 and then secondary attack - vs fort; thunder (1d20+8=27, 1d10+4=7) hits for 7 thunder and Meepo's Stunned (save ends)
    Charge! charge vs. meepo (1d20+13=20, 1d8+1+1d6=5) hits for 5.

    Spiker 2: move to E6 - attack Dorn -vs ac; dmg against Dorn (1d20+10=18, 1d8+1+1d6=7) hits for 7

    Wraith 27 - moves to K6 - uses Maddening Whispers - vs will (Crag, Meepo, Ingot, Veneficus, Jax) (1d20+5=14, 1d20+5=23, 1d20+5=16, 1d20+5=11, 1d20+5=19) hits Crag, Meepo, and Jax for 5 psychic (1d6+4=5). Jax is slid to F5

    Wraith 1 moves to D7 (avoiding OA) - uses Maddening Whispers - vs will (Crag, Meepo, Dorn, Veneficus, Jax) (1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=8, 1d20+5=23, 1d20+5=14, 1d20+5=20) hits Craf, Dorn, and Jax for psychic (1d6+4=8) 8 , Dorn's slide to E5


    Enemy Stats

    Flamespiker
    HP 48; Bloodied 24
    AC 19; Fortitude 15; Reflex 14; Will 14
    Immune disease; petrification; poison; Resist 10 fire

    "Wraith"
    HP 55; Bloodied 27
    AC 18; Fortitude 15; Reflex 15; Will 17
    Immune gaze
    Blindsight


    ooc

    init (1d20+5=14)

    Everyone but Crag goes first.

    Status:
    Jax : 22/33 - 1/9 surges
    Dorn: 22/32 - Repulsion Armor active
    Crag: 43/56
    Ingot: 37/37
    Meepo: 5/27 - bloodied, Stunned (save ends)
    Flamespiker 1: 39/48 - used Thunderfire Thrust
    Flamespiker 2: 48/48 <- wowzers
    Flamespiker 3: 48/48
    Wraith 1: 51/55
    Wraith 27: 55/55
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fire.jpg  
    Last edited by renau1g; Monday, 19th July, 2010 at 09:36 PM.

  • #928
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    nerdytenor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,999

    Ignore nerdytenor
    My communities:

    Two quick questions

    Dorn has resist 5 fire from Wild Soul at the moment - would that reduce the damage from the spiker's attack?

    Dorn would have pushed the first enemy to come adjacent to him with his armor power - would that have affected anything?

  • #929
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    ooc

    1) yes you only take 2 rather than 7 damage from the attack. I'll update

    2) no enemies moved adjacent to you. The spiker has reach 2.

  • #930
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    Ignore Dekana
    strategy
    I hope this conflict of interest isn't too staggering. I swear, I don't want Crag to get killed from OAs any more than I want Jax to!

    My thinking is that we want to blitz the north group of enemies before they put down Jax & Dorn. So I'm spending Crag's AP in 100% offense mode.
    Crag
    Crag stares down the wraith bearing down on him, but he does not charge into it. Instead, he seemingly retreats from his foe, crashing through the chunks of rocks to his northeast. But only seemingly. He approaches the northern magma-creature and slams into it from behind. The fractures between the beast's rocky form are immediately visible to the warden; he aims his repeated attacks at the rifts, causing massive structural damage.

    Jax
    Emboldened by Crag's charge - and scared at the results of Meepo's own attempt to flee - Jax decides to press the attack. He jabs quickly at the flamespiker, diverting its gaze long enough for Crag to pick out another weak point, and then hops over into a flanking position. The kobold then strikes hard into the beast's chest, hoping to put it down in the lightning-fast combined attack.

    Combined actions
    Crag
    Move: walk to E7 (if Flamespiker 3 has threatening reach, this will provoke an OA.)

    Free: mark Flamespiker 3 and Wraith 1.

    Standard: Earthgrasp Strike vs Flamespiker 3 hits AC 25 for 6 damage and knocks the target prone. The Flamespiker can't stand until after Crag's next turn, and it takes more damage when it stands up (but it's not going to live long enough to do so).

    AP-Standard: Strength of Stone vs Flamespiker 3 hits AC 22 for 10 damage, and Crag gains 5 temp hp.

    Jax
    Minor: Sneak in the Attack vs Flamespiker 3.

    Move: walk to E5. (not shifty! That looked like it got Meepo in trouble, lol) This provokes from the flamespiker.

    Crag
    Immediate Interrupt: Warden's Fury vs Flamespiker 3, assuming it takes the OA against Jax (which is at -4 to hit btw), hits Fort 19 for 19 damage (including Sneak in the Attack).

    Jax
    Standard: Piercing Strike vs Flamespiker 3 hits Reflex 32 for 18 damage.

    All said, the Flamespiker is dead if it took its OA vs Jax, or it's at 14/48 hp and prone if it did not.

    Crag's Stats
    [http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.ph...Crag_(Kalidrev) Crag] - Warforged Warden 3
    Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
    AC 21, Fort 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
    HP 43/56 + 5 THP, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges 9/14
    Speed 6, Initiative +1

    Action Points: 0, Second Wind

    Warden's Fury
    Warden's Grasp
    Strength of Stone
    Earth Shield Strike
    Roots of Stone
    [s]Earthgrasp Strike[s]
    Warforged Resolve
    Form of the Winter's Herald (Form of the Winter's Herald Attack)

    Jax's Stats
    PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 2
    Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 17
    AC:17, Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:13 -- Speed:6
    HP:33/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:1/9
    Initiative +5
    Action Points: 0, Second Wind

    Conditions

    Powers
    Shifty
    Clever Strike
    Piercing Strike
    Sly Lunge
    Sneak in the Attack
    Press the Advantage
    Last edited by Dekana; Tuesday, 20th July, 2010 at 12:23 AM.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    2. Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)
      By DarwinofMind in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 532
      Last Post: Thursday, 3rd June, 2010, 09:43 PM
    3. Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )
      By Mal Malenkirk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 589
      Last Post: Monday, 11th January, 2010, 02:51 AM
    4. The Closed Eye, part II (DM: covaithe, Judge: garyh)
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 498
      Last Post: Monday, 7th December, 2009, 09:39 PM
    5. The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)
      By garyh in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 446
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 03:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •