D&D 4th Edition A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe) - Page 97




What's on your mind?

  1. #961
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    Ignore ryryguy
    ooc
    What the hell, let's stand and fight. Everyone hide behind Crag since it seems he'll be retired after this adventure anyhow.

    Also, if the dragon is an elite and not a full-on solo, that gives me a little more confidence in our chances.


    Ingot looks over to Crag. "This must be what Terra sent him for," it says aloud. "To stand and fight this foe. Well, I will stand with him!"
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

 

  • #962
    Meepo looked over his wounded friends and wounded self. His mind was still a bit rattled from all of that mental screaming the wraith was doing. He didn't like having a throbbing headache. It was interfering with his thinking. "Guys, relax. I got a plan! Let's get this sucker!"

    He didn't mean it was a good plan.

    ooc

    I want to delay til everyone is in range of the dragon to make an OA, then I'm gonna do Diabloic Strategem. My daily requires someone to drop, and I still haven't gotten a good shot at my encounter.

    guess I didn't make my char as good as I could have.
    Meepo the Brave (L4W)

  • #963
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Meepo

    Just so you know you will delay until after the dragon, so essentially you'd lose out on this round's actions.

  • #964
    In that case.

    actions


    The battle looked grim, but there was still lots that could be done; namely words of encouragement to Jax. "Fellow 'bold, at least we out number it five to one. Those are good odds! We fight best with numbers on their side."

    stats

    Sorry it's not complete - info is on other computer.

    HP 17
    Meepo the Brave (L4W)

  • #965
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    Ignore Dekana
    Meepo
    TY for the healing!

    You can also attack in this turn if you'd like to. Your healing is only a minor action, so you still have a standard action (most attacks) and a move action left. I think one of the wraiths is still alive, and the big dragon of course.
    Last edited by Dekana; Sunday, 1st August, 2010 at 03:44 PM.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #966
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    Ignore ryryguy
    Meepo
    I'd advice attacking the wraith, we can take him out faster. Fewer enemies = fewer attacks against us.

    I believe Ingot is adjacent to it if you want to use Commanding Strike or whatever that is that grants an ally an attack.
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #967
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    ooc - I'll NPC the Commander's Strike later today if nothing from Meepo

  • #968
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    nerdytenor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,999

    Ignore nerdytenor
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by renau1g View Post
    ooc - I'll NPC the Commander's Strike later today if nothing from Meepo

    // ok - hopefully he gets back in today now that server is back

  • #969
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Dorn recoils from the Wraith's psychic onslaught. Come on, Dorn - don't forget you are half orc.

    "Hang in there, Meepo- this is almost over!" Dorn tries to conjure his lightning again, but it fizzles pathetically I just hope it isn't over for us...

    Undaunted, Ingot pushes its way through the rubble to reach the wraith. "There is no escape for you!" it says. But belying its words, the creature dodges and its blade strikes only stone with a thunderous crash. "Meepo! Vulkar bolsters you!" it prays.

    Ingot and Meepo may be having some trouble finishing off their wraith, but the other kobold-warforged duo continue their beatdown. Crag and Jax charge at the wraith as it flees, splitting up halfway down the corridor. They meet up on opposite sides of the aberration and slash it into several pieces.

    Jax's head pounds from the psychic assaults, and he nearly collapses along with the wraith. Crag, on the the other hand, limmediately turns toward the remaining enemy and points his sword at it menacingly.

    As Jax's blade pierces the wraith, it dissipates into a reddish light that streaks towards Veneficus, striking him square in the chest.

    The wizard screams and falls to his knees; his hands clutch his head in pain. Then his right hand stretches grotesquely and begins to bubble with rocky outcroppings, transforming within moments into a hardened rock exterior. Two protrusions sprout from his back, unfurling into wings, and his neck extends as his face contorts in pain. A large tail stretches out of his lower back and his face grows longer and more...draconic. When the transformation is complete, the dragon rests on four powerful legs, his eyes aglow with a white luminescence. He smiles wickedly. "Fools! The staff is mine, he hisses. "Once you are gone I will free my brethren and we shall destroy this world of yours!" it laughs and suddenly the very ground around it starts to quake.
    Dragon



    ooc

    Ok, so death of Wraith 1 triggers this transformation. Takes up I/J 4/5

    Young Earthquake Dragon
    HP 122; Bloodied 61
    AC 20; Fortitude 17; Reflex 17; Will 15
    Darkvision, Tremorsense 10


    The battle looked grim, but there was still lots that could be done; namely words of encouragement to Jax. "Fellow 'bold, at least we out number it five to one. Those are good odds! We fight best with numbers on their side. Take a swing Ingot, you can do it", but the warforged's blade goes through the wraith without effect.

    OOC

    commander's Strike (1d20+9=10, 1d12+7=10) sorry
    I moved Meepo to I0 to spread everyone out as all of you are aware of dragon's and breath weapons.


    The wraith appears to be disrupted by the appearance of the dragon and his arms miss Ingot by a wide margin as it attempts to grab the warforged.

    The dragon's head swings from Crag to Ingot and back again. "Servant of Terra! I shall show you your folly!" it bellows, the teeth moving to snap at Crag, but the earth itself rises to block the beast. It growls in rage and moves towards Ingot as the earth begins roiling all around the creature, it seems locked in a battle with more than just you.

    Enemy Actions


    Wraith 27 - attacks Ingot - vs ac (ingot); dmg (1d20+10=11, 1d6+5=9) two natural 1's in a row? Glad this isn't one of my PC's...
    1d20=13 save

    Dragon - Earthen Maw on Crag - vs ref (crag); dmg (1d20+9=10, 2d10+4=11) lol.... really? three nat 1's now?
    No Action: Rising Tremors - aura expands to 3
    Move: to current spot
    1d6=2 fails to recharge power

    Aura - When any enemy within the aura makes an attack that does not include the dragon as a target, that enemy falls prone and takes 5 damage.



    Enemy Stats

    Young Earthquake Dragon
    HP 122; Bloodied 61
    AC 20; Fortitude 17; Reflex 17; Will 15
    Darkvision, Tremorsense 10

    Flamespiker
    HP 48; Bloodied 24
    AC 19; Fortitude 15; Reflex 14; Will 14
    Immune disease; petrification; poison; Resist 10 fire

    "Wraith"
    HP 55; Bloodied 27
    AC 18; Fortitude 15; Reflex 15; Will 17
    Immune gaze
    Blindsight


    ooc


    Status:
    Jax : 24/33 - 0/9 surges
    Dorn: 14/32 - Repulsion Armor active +5 thp
    Crag: 41/56
    Ingot: 20/37 -
    Meepo: 17/27 -
    Flamespiker 1: 9/48 -
    Flamespiker 2: 48/48 <- wowzers
    Flamespiker 3: 48/48
    Wraith 1: 23/55 - marked (Crag)
    Wraith 27: 46/55 -
    Dragon - 122/122
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fire.jpg  

  • #970
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    Ignore ryryguy
    ooc/strategy
    Damn, it would have been nice to drop that second wraith.

    Does it make sense to continue to focus fire on it? Due to the dragon's aura it will be something of a pain... but if we don't focus fire it will be hard to take out due to its regeneration (I think it's regenerating?)
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    2. Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)
      By DarwinofMind in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 532
      Last Post: Thursday, 3rd June, 2010, 09:43 PM
    3. Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )
      By Mal Malenkirk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 589
      Last Post: Monday, 11th January, 2010, 02:51 AM
    4. The Closed Eye, part II (DM: covaithe, Judge: garyh)
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 498
      Last Post: Monday, 7th December, 2009, 09:39 PM
    5. The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)
      By garyh in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 446
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 03:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •