In the Service of Cyre

renau1g

First Post
The Prince bows to his mother and leads his allies out of the room and back into the waiting area. Oargev turns back to the others saying "Tonight, enjoy yourselves, but be ready to leave at first light." as he moves to his room.

In the privacy of his quarters, Prince Oargev will read the note.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
[sblock=Oargev] It is not actually a note. It is a map of eastern Cyre with a map clearly demarking the path you and your men are to travel. There are a number of holds, castles, and keeps along the way marked. The distances look as if you will have client lords to stay with roughly half of the nights of your 1-week journey. This trip might be an excellent chance for you to get to know some of Cyre's lords and get them to like you.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The Prince looks over the map and begins asking around the palace to see if anyone has some inside knowledge of the lords along the path so he might be better prepared in meeting them.

[sblock=OOC]
Streetwise - Streetwise (1d20 5=8) Nope
[/sblock]

yzard

First Post
Thom retires to his quarters for the evening, hoping to get a bit of studying in before he packs up his necessities, as well as gathering some tomes together to look over during any down time there might be.

Dekana

Explorer
While the prince is still safely in the palace, Kraken spends some time to take advantage of the queen's offer of beasts of burden. He arranges for a mule and a wagon to be ready for the party when they depart the city. Otherwise, he spends most of the night standing watch outside of Oargev's chambers while reflecting on how wasteful humans are to sleep a third of the day.

[sblock=the mule]It's not a riding horse, but will the royal stable be able to accommodate? Also, wagons cost 20gp. If I can't get it for free from the queen, I have enough gold leftover to buy one outright.[/sblock]

Alaric retires to his quarters immediately. He spends the evening polishing his sword and shield. He falls asleep, still immersed in thoughts of strategy, wondering where his father had gone wrong.

[sblock=ooc]I'd like to make a History check to find out what exactly I know about my father's death in battle. If that's not allowable, please discount it.

History...crit miss.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
As the Prince circulates around, asking about lords and so on, Dev sticks with him and watches his efforts with an amused smirk.

"The Karnathi on the move, and us in a large, visible column, and you're worried about our -allies-," he says, chuckling. "You'd do well to try to meet this 'Blade' as well, if you'll accept advice from a humble commoner like myself. He will have our lives in his odd warforged hands after all."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
You all meet up on the mustering grounds the next morning.

Prince Oargev and Alaric arrive together to find Commander Blade and his 104-strong warforged unit waiting stoically for the six of you to arrive. Blade wields a wicked-looking double sword. His plating is dark adamantine with mithral in-lay. His bracers, shoulders, and legs all have small silver-colored blades jutting out from them. His stars of rank are etched into the metal of his armor.

Blade greets the Prince and Alaric with a slight bow of the head and a salute. His voice is hollow and emotionless.

"My men are prepared to march at your command sirs. With minimal stops, we should make it to Baron Leo ir'Hoffsted's keep just after nightfall tomorrow. If you wish, I will send a scout ahead to warn him of our imminent arrival. After that, we have a journey of nearly three days to the village of Stonehearth and the keep of the ir'Witz family. A day's ride from Stonehearth is the castle and lands of Duchess Penelope ir'Kaskie. A day from there, we will find our ultimate destination."

Dev and Kraken roll up in a wagon, laden with supplies for the trip. Two mules are hitched to it, plodding along determinedly.

Thom and Varis arrive shortly thereafter, stowing their things in the cart.

Your orders given, Blade forms up his ranks, and sets them to march.

[sblock=OOC] Any special instructions or marching orders? We can come back to this if you want.[/sblock]

The warforged can't be roused to speak more than a few perfunctory words on the trip. The first night, you select a large field in which to make camp. It seems eerie to have over one hundred night watchmen awake and vigilant, but you sleep comfortably and safely in your tents. The next morning, without incident, you continue on your way.

As noon passes and the sun begins to fall from the sky, you come across some farms and out-lying homes in service to Baron Leo. Just outside a small village, two riders approach you column.

The younger is dressed in nice clothes with the arms of the Hoffsted family on his doublet. The elder rider is dressed like a simple tradesman. The younger speaks first.

"Greetings Prince Oargev, in the name of Baron Leo ir'Hoffsted, loyal subject to you and you Queen mother. I am his page, Shel, and this is my father, Rog Barrelman. He's never met a prince before, and asked to ride with me and meet you. Lord Hoffsted is eager to meet with you and asked that I ride ahead to bring you along."

[sblock=OOC] This will be the beginning of a mini-skill challenge titled "Making the Eastern Lords Like Oargev." These are three key families in the area, and by staying with them, you have a chance to impress them with Oargev's abilities, friends, and personality. Round 1 of the challenge takes place on the way to Lord Hoffsted's castle. You are riding with Shel and his father, the local Barrel-maker through village and farmland, headed towards a castle on a cliff which overlooks the water that divides Karrnath and Cyre. What do you do?[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I'll make a History check to see what I know about Baron Leo, and hopefully impress him with my knowledge of whatever it is that he's done. History: 12+11=23 GM, could you reply with what I know?[/sblock]

Alaric immediately takes a liking to the young page as well as his father, and is extremely excited to meet Baron Leo as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases