Prestige Class for Barbarian/Rogue

What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ignore Aeson
    My communities:

Prestige Class for Barbarian/Rogue

I'm looking for suggestions on prestige classes for my character. He's a halfling barbarian 5/rogue 3. I've taken two weapon fighting, two weapon defense and monkey grip so I can use 2 medium short swords.

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Ignore Dandu
    My communities:

Dread Commando sounds like it would be in character. It's either in the Complete Warrior or Complete Adventurer.

If you can re-train your feats, incidentally, you would be well advised to get rid of Monkey Grip (a poor feat at best) and two weapon defense (I believe Improved Buckler Defense is strictly better).

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Blog Entries

Ignore pawsplay
    My communities:

Monkey Grip can be fun. If you like Two-Weapon Defense, make sure you take enough ranks of Tumble to get the bonus to fighting defensively. Dread Commando is good, but you can also throw in some Thief-Acrobat to get even higher defensive fighting bonuses, then take a whirl through Tempest.

The approach I have in mind is to get the highest possible AC fighting defensively while rolling the most number of dice during a full round attack and gaining more than one attack on a standard attack action.

Blog Entries

Ignore StreamOfTheSky
    My communities:

What books are allowed? You would do well with the c.Champion Lion Totem Barbarian variant, so you can do a pounce on a charge and full attack, in trade for fast movement. Oversized Two-Weapon fighting might be a better feat than Monkey Grip for you, and in fact I'm pretty sure Monkey Grip explicitly does not help the off-hand. Even if it does, it's a really weak feat.

The Strongarm bracers cost 6000 gp from Magic Item Compendium and let you use a weapon one size larger than normal, that could also help you.

For prestige class? Not sure. There's a cool Elf-only barbarian class in Races of the Wild for 2-weapon users called the Wildrunner. Otherwise...Frenzied Berserker doesn't suck.
    My Ninja class Fighter Variants Monk additions
    Good defense of 3E mechanics

Spoiler:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/goldeneaglecleaners

My online gaming group, Torch of Spirit (Contains all information for the current game I'm co-DMing as well as lots of houserules I'm using or considering for the future. Feel free to check it out.)

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Ignore Ahnehnois
    My communities:

Dread Commando sounds like it would be in character. It's either in the Complete Warrior or Complete Adventurer.
    Dread Commando is in Heroes of Battle. It is a good class.

I'd also recommend Tempest (Complete Adventurer) as the obvious choice for two-weapon characters. Prereqs are tough (Spring Attack); might need to take some fighter levels for that. If you need defense, you might consider halfling paragon (UA) to increase saves and Dex. Paragnostic Initiate (CC) is a nice 3-level rogue class if you have any knowledge ranks.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"

I have always enjoyed the Assassin prestige class in the DMG. Poison your weapons and make a lot of attacks. They'll fail their save eventually.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ignore Aeson
    My communities:

All books are allowed. My DM must not know of Oversized two-weapon feat. He from 1st level kept telling me to take monkey grip. It's an awesome feat he says. What book is it out of?

Dread Commando sounds cool. I'll look into that.

One thing I like to do with this character is jump up on the target and stab them. Either from the front or the back.

Is it possible to fight defensively while raging?

I'm trying to keep the weight down so he moves fast and can jump and tumble. Using none armor ways of boosting AC is always good.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore wotmaniac
    over-sized TWF is from CAdv. take it (and drop monkey grip) and use long swords suited to your size -- same damage as before, but without the extra -2 to attacks.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ignore Aeson
    My communities:

I've never tried retraining feats.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ignore irdeggman
    My communities:

Monkey Grip from Complete Warrior (pg 103)

. . .You cannot wield a larger weapon in your off hand, and you cannot use this feat with a 2 handed weapon.
    IIRC the 3.0 version was much better than the 3.5 one (which might be what your DM was thinking of).

Also the weapon is treated as having the same amount of effort to use - so these would be considered "light" weapons for your character. This would help with 2 weapon fighting, although you can't use this feat and wield 2 weapons as written. So no power attack benefits.
    Duane Eggert

Claim your Birthright!!!
    http://www.birthright.net/

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast