Need advice on upcoming adventure

Quickleaf

Legend
My group is getting together for a weekend of gaming over Thanksgiving, and I need some help planning the next adventure.

The story thus far is the PCs have protected the son of the Prince (The BBEG) from the BBEG's attempt to abduct him, reunited the boy with his estranged mother, and are planning to reunite the boy with the royal family. They're hoping the King & Queen's influence will prevent the BBEG from further mischief, and are hoping for the outside chance of getting charges brought against the BBEG.

Now the next adventure revolves around a monster ravaging the kingdom's heart land, killing off loyalists. This monster turns out to be the princess under a fell curse transforming her. The curse was planned by the BBEG.

My question is how do I keep the story thus far (with the boy-heir) relevant to their investigation of the strigha's curse?

While we'll have a lot of playing time we're a big group (7 players) and rarely get through more than 2 encounters every 3-4 hours. That said, I'm looking for ways to stack plot from both the strigha storyline into the boy-heir storyline, in the same encounters. So rather than have Encounter A: Spy on Prince & Encounter B: Track Strigha, there'd ideally be one encounter, Encounter C: Spy & Track.

darjr

I crit!
The boy has the curse too. Not as advanced as the sisters, but bad. They need to protect him, and people from him. They also don't completely understand the curse until they can deal with the sister and have direct access to a full blown victim.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
The boy has the curse too. Not as advanced as the sisters, but bad. They need to protect him, and people from him. They also don't completely understand the curse until they can deal with the sister and have direct access to a full blown victim.
Damn, I was going to suggest the same thing.

Have the curse play out so that the brother and sister share "The Beast"; when sis is in beast mode, bro is ok, and vice versa. Perhaps "The Beast" wishes to occupy only one body. To do so, the Beast seeks out its partner in order to rend him/her to shreds and devour the corpse, thereby making the transformation permanent. The PC's could use this to their advantage if they figure this out, using the boy-heir/Beast to find the princess.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases