Dramatic Attack question

Fellon

First Post
Greetings,
I have a question, my fighter is using a spiked chain, and and has the Dungeon veterans ability Dramattick attack

Dramatic Attack (Ex): Dungeon Veterans fight with flair and gusto and take full advantage of the exotic and dangerous surroundings their battles take place in. When a Dungeon Veteran strikes an opponent with a weapon for 10 or more damage, they may elect to perform a Bullrush against that opponent. This Bullrush maneuver does not provoke an attack of opportunity and is considered to automatically touch the opponent. The Dungeon Veteran does not move with this Bullrush.

So the question is, when i push an enemy out of his squere, does it provoke an attack of opportunity by me, then the spiked chain has the 10ft reach, and theoreticly he is leaving a threatened area.

Shin Okada

Explorer
The answer is no.

From SRD, Bull Rush

Bull Rush Results: If you beat the defender’s Strength check result, you push him back 5 feet. If you wish to move with the defender, you can push him back an additional 5 feet for each 5 points by which your check result is greater than the defender’s check result. You can’t, however, exceed your normal movement limit. (Note: The defender provokes attacks of opportunity if he is moved. So do you, if you move with him. The two of you do not provoke attacks of opportunity from each other, however.)

Emphasis added.

So, when moved by your bull rush, the opponent does not provoke AoO from you.

But he may provoke AoO from your comrades.

Fellon

First Post
ok then following this thread i wanted to ask are there any feats that increses str, i have allready taken the pain is my friend feat, but i was wondering are there any other? (11th lvl so no epic feats and this is a 3rd ed campaign)

Nebten

First Post
No, but there are magic items.

You can also pick up feats that improve the type of attack you want like "Improve Bull Rush" & such

Remove ads