Adventure: The Power of Knowledge (DM: Fragsie, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

mohalloran

First Post
"I'm not quite ready to leave just yet, friend." Ceryx said quickly towards the drow, while keeping his attention focused on the Oni.

"What, exactly, do you plan to give us when we return your fighters to you? If your Minotaur Mob did get into a scuffle, and is in need of rescuing, then I shall say that the places we are about to head towards are filled with great danger. And we both know that retrieving items for someone from an area of great danger, that requires a great reward." Ceryx looks slowly around his group for some backup. "So, once again, exactly how much do you intend to give us when we return?"

Fragsie

Explorer
Mr. Pinch looks the deva up and down before answering him.
"Straight to the point I see... Very well, I had planned to offer two hundred gold pieces for their return. Not an immodest sum for a finders fee.

I would throw in a magical item of some kind from the turtledome's armoury as a bonus if you manage to get them back here before tomorrow afternoon; in time for the scheduled fight.
"

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=bump] Just bumping this since it jumped down so low and no-one has done anything. I think Mr. Pinch is waiting for the others to accept or decline his offer [/sblock]

Mikara nods sharply to the offer of 200 gold and a magic item.

"That's definitely an offer I couldn't refuse! You have my blade for the job, Mr. Pinch."

Fragsie

Explorer
"That would include the politica man as well of course, so between six of you, not five."

[sblock=OOC/Bump]Kalidrev's right, you guys should get in on this, remember that you all (except Mikara) have a single use +2 to diplomacy to use in this discussion, so it's quite possible; with the right words, to increase the reward.[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
"Now, sir. Are you saying that we shall *each* receive a magical item? Because that can not be split 6 ways. I mean, I'm sure that these fighters of yours must be worth at least that much to you. And, no offense to present company, but I don't know how long I'll know this bunch afterwards." He looks around the group for effect.

"So, what do you say? One magical item each?"

[sblock=Diplomacy]Let's hope this works. Maybe Brother Shane can try if I fail.

Diplomacy + 2=1d20+2->11

Well, looks like someone else will need to try to help this along[/sblock]

Last edited:

JRYoung

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Sorry for the delay, got slammed at work. [/SBLOCK]

"Ceryx isss right of courssse, M'Lord" chimes in Skalisss. "One item would not divide very well. Sssurely Duanton'sss finessst busssinesssman can figure sssomething out if the Minotaursss are back in time?"

Diplomacy 1d20+5=10

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
"How the reward is dispersed between you is not my concern I'm afraid. You could always sell the item, then split its worth. I would think that six magical items is quite a lot of riches for such a simple task, and it's not as though i keep them locked away collecting dust, no; my armoury is used within the Turtledome... The Oni's voice is clear and firm, he does not seem all that impressed with Ceryx's reasoning. When Skalisss chirps in with a little flattery however he wavers slightly in his determination;
"... But then, as you say; I am Dauntons premier entrepreneur! I could afford to make it two items for a timely retrieval."
[sblock=Passive Insight 15]This is as high as Mr. Pinch will go as far as magical rewards are concerned.[/sblock]
[sblock=Passive Insight 18]You think Mr. Pinch may be willing to offer more of a monetary reward if pressed.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tinwe

First Post
"Now then, Mr. Pinch... There's no need for us to go looting through the armories of TURTLEDOME. Not that we'll turn down the reward you so generously offered. Still, though, we have tears in our garments and a powerful need to eat- perhaps you could increase the gold you're offering. After all, *Shane lowers his voice* these are your wild minotaurs we're trying to collect."
[sblock]

Sorry about my absence. I've been hammered with work and exams, but that's done after this week.

Shane has a passive insight of 19 and a diplomacy (1d20+8=23)[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
"The brother is correct Mr. Pinch, between six of us two hundred gold would not go far, perhaps you could increase the monetary reward?" Growl asks in a forthright manner.
[sblock=Diplomacy]1d20+1+2 = 19[/sblock]
"Hmm, I suppose starving adventurers are not conducive to a prosperous monster arena, you have convinced me young monk..." The oni scrutinises Growl more intently; "... err, furry warforged? I will offer you double the amount, but any damages or legal costs that you cause me with the city will come out of the kitty, agreed?" Aggravus looks at the group expectantly, a quick side-glance at his fishing rod hints that he may be getting impatient.

[sblock=Major Quest]The Missing Minotaur Mob
Find the four missing minotaur gladiators and return them to the TURTLEDOME!.
Reward: XP, 400gp
Bonus: If the minotaurs are returned within 24 hours; 2 unspecified magic items.[/sblock]

"Is there any more questions that you have, any more information that you think will help you find them?"

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
"Could you tell us if each of these minotaurs have any significant markings or mannerisms that would let us know that we're looking at the right Minotaurs? Not that there are going to be many Minotaurs roaming around Daunton...right? But I'd like to make sure we're not following the wrong Minotaur in the case that there are more of them out there. And it would also be good to know what kinds of things they would be most likely to do if they were not near the shrine. Can you tell us that kind of stuff?"

Remove ads