[d20]Codex of Erde

Turlogh

Explorer
I have the campagin setting and the modules. I rather like the history and scope of the world. I'd say it is similar to Greyhawk in that it is more of a "middle magic" setting than FR high magic.
This is my campaign setting of choice for D&D.

Is there anything specific you want to know?

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
Why did they make High Elves into a character class instead of a race?

That one really seemed odd to me when I saw it while flipping through the book.

Turlogh

Explorer
I emailed the Troll Lords about the High Elves and this is their reply:

No. High Elves can be any class or you can play the High Elf Class. If you chose to play one as a normal Elf (from the PHB) then you can multi-class as per the standard rules.

The world is fairly gritty. It is just 60 or so years after the banishing of Unklar and the world is still recovering from the effects of 1000 years of winter. Most of the Kingdoms/countries are rather young there is great potential for rivalries and wars. Vestiages of Unklar's evil and government remain and have potential to manuipulate the newer powers.

The Elves are embittered or envious (depending upon whether they stayed during the Winter Dark and who left) and not generally trusted, the halflings are bitter and dwindling (they were hunted for sport). So there is racial tension as well as political.

On the religious front there are people who want Unklar back, new gods trying to establish themselves, and old gods trying to get reestablished.

Hope this helps a little. (wish I was as eloquent about Erde as Nightfall is about the Scarred Lands).

Turlogh

Explorer
No, I am not currently running a game, but I hope to in the very near future, I will probably start off with some of the Troll Lords modules (really lookin forward to R J Kuntz Dark Druids and Gaxmoor).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases