Dexter Season 4

Krug

Newshound
Wow I'm really impressed with this season. They've taken the series in a new direction. It's not airtight (
Was expecting Matsuka to out Dexter's excuse at the dinner table for the latest episode
) but there's great drama and tension. And John Lightow can go from endearing to bloody creepy in an instant.

Wow I'm really impressed with this season. They've taken the series in a new direction. It's not airtight (
Was expecting Matsuka to out Dexter's excuse at the dinner table for the latest episode
) but there's great drama and tension. And John Lightow can go from endearing to bloody creepy in an instant.
Dexter has been a constantly amazing series so far.

I suppose he is meeting a little too many serial killers and psychopaths to be "realistic", but the storylines are well done, the characters stay interesting and they are hardly one-dimensional, either.

Dexter is continually going through an interesting development. I liked how he asked himself
If having remorse about killing the innocent one meant he was actually human?

The last episode was also very strong.
[sblock]
I liked how Dexter realized that for him it became about protecting children, possibly because he himself lacked that protection during his traumatic childhood event.

It is also interesting to see how Trinity's pattern is more complex than initially thought. The "innocent boy" is an interesting - and creepy - addition. I wondered about it before, whether Trinity was really just performing 3 murders each time or if there was more to it.

The revelation with his daughter ... Fascinating.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Yeap two eps left and from the promo it's ramping up. Predictably,
it's Trinity fighting back and probably striking at Dexter's family.
But I'm sure there's going to be a couple more twists in there!

Yeap two eps left and from the promo it's ramping up. Predictably,
it's Trinity fighting back and probably striking at Dexter's family.
But I'm sure there's going to be a couple more twists in there!
The twist might add a new revelation.
[sblock]
Remember that the CI working for Dexter's and Debra's dad wanted to talk with Debra about something. I guess this will at least reveal something about Dex's bloody past. Also, Masuka still hasn't told Dex about his wife's kiss with the neighbor.

Combined with Trinity, that might lead to even more revelations. Keep in mind - once the connection between his daugther is known, it will become more easy to look for relatives of her, and there is a fair chance documents exist connecting his current family with it. And that opens up the possibility of Trinity's son, wife or other daughter being called in to the police station, possibly meeting Dexter.

Of course, that might be the worst case scenario and Dexter might work actively to avoid that from happening. But it sure will be exciting and I wouldn't want to predict the outcome.
[/sblock]

Felon

First Post
Yes, it's a really great show. Consistently surprising.

I expect Dexter to lose the family at some point, but I'm not sure how.

Krug

Newshound
I wouldn't be surprised if
Trinity's son ends up killing dad, particularly to save Dexter. Also the existence of the reporter as his daughter means Trinity had another family before? Hmm..

Krug

Newshound
Jon Lightow is out-creepifying Hannibal Lecter. Can't wait for the last ep. From the preview, it looks like
Deb is gonna find out more about Dexter's past.

Yup. He does his job well. ;) I am looking forward to the finale and would not be surprised if there are some "game-changers" along the way. Well... I would probably still be surprised of the specific nature of the game changer. ;)

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Season finale done! A 'good' ending for the season, might even be a good moment to end the series entirely (although I really do like Dexter).

Remove ads