Proposal: Valley of Bone and Talenta Weapon Training

RedBeardJim

First Post
The feat "Talenta Weapon Training" from the Eberron Player's Guide provides proficiency with three superior weapons (the Talenta Boomerang, Talenta Sharrash and Talenta Tangat), along with a +2 feat bonus to damage rolls with those weapons. To qualify for this feat, a character must be a halfling with the Talenta Plains regional background, also from the EPG.

I propose that the L4W "Valley of Bone" regional origin serve as a substitute for the Talenta Plains background for the purposes of qualifying for this feat. The weapons help make up some of the gap between Small and Medium weapon-users, and the flavor of the two areas seems to be similar at first inspection.

Kalidrev

First Post
I vote YES to allowing for the Talenta Weapon Training feat, however I would like to see it come WITHOUT having to be from a specific region. Forcing a specific background or having to be from a specific area kills fluff ideas for anyone who wants to play as a melee gnome/halfling from an area other than the Valley of Bone and still be effective. So again, YES to the feat; NO to the prerequisite.

Kalidrev

First Post
I feel more comfortable handling these on a case-by-case basis. New settings are coming out soon if I am not mistaken (within the next year I believe) and I don't want to auto-allow or auto-disallow without the ability to see the items/feats first.

RedBeardJim

First Post
I vote YES to allowing for the Talenta Weapon Training feat, however I would like to see it come WITHOUT having to be from a specific region. Forcing a specific background or having to be from a specific area kills fluff ideas for anyone who wants to play as a melee gnome/halfling from an area other than the Valley of Bone and still be effective. So again, YES to the feat; NO to the prerequisite.

Well, it wouldn't help gnomes unless you also took out the racial prereq.

ryryguy

First Post
It might make sense to say that the "Talenta" weapons originate in the Valley of Bone, though, to help fit them into the setting. We could do that without restricting the feat to a Valley of Bone background.

renau1g

First Post
I'm in agreeance with allowing the feat, but I'd like to keep the regional thing. It fits that setting, unless we're saying that the majority of halflings in this setting are feral and barbaric. Dwarven weapons are common for the race (or at least have been for D&D's run) whereas the halfling weapons are really only from one small part of one campaign world.

So YES to the feat WITH the regional requirement of the Valley of Bone. Otherwise it looses any of the flavour that I had initially thought it would add to the setting.

I guess it's also NO to the feat without that requirement.

garyh

First Post
I'm leaning towards yes without the background requirement, but want to think a bit more before saying that in green. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases