Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

Cleon

Legend
Sounds good. Updated.

Looks like we just need a CR and tactics before starting on Mothra junior.

Challenge Rating 18? A Tarrasque is CR 20 and has 3 more HD and better attacks, awesome regeneration and spell resistance.

For its tactics, will this do?

Most gargantua are mindless brutes bent on destruction for destruction's sake. An insectoid gargantua tries to blow lesser opponents away with a windstorm, or land on them and crush its foes with its bulk. Enemies of Huge size or larger are usually attacked with flyby attacks.

Cleon

Legend
Looks good. We just need height/length/weight and languages (if any).

Well there's several films were she speaks with Godzilla, which suggests Draconic, but she obviously can't speak Common since she uses twin fey for translators... :p

"Cannot Speak" might be easier. :eek:

60 foot long, 150 foot wingspan?

Weight-wise, somewhere around 100 tons?

That would make a man-sized (6' long 15' wingspan) "Mothra" weigh 200 pounds.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Well we aren't converting Mothra, specifically, so we've got a bit of wiggle room. :lol:

How about... "An insectoid gargantua cannot speak, but may understand a language."

Cleon

Legend
Well we aren't converting Mothra, specifically, so we've got a bit of wiggle room. :lol:

How about... "An insectoid gargantua cannot speak, but may understand a language."

Well I don't want to make it easy to negotiate with them.

How about "An insectoid gargantua can speak Formian."

That is an authentic SRD language, you know, and Formians are insectoids too. :p

Shade

Monster Junkie
GAH! Let's just leave it vague...

"An insectoid gargantua cannot speak, but scholars believe it may have a language it uses among its own kind, or even between other gargantua."

That way, it can speak to "Godzilla" if the DM is so inclined. ;)

Cleon

Legend
GAH! Let's just leave it vague...

"An insectoid gargantua cannot speak, but scholars believe it may have a language it uses among its own kind, or even between other gargantua."

That way, it can speak to "Godzilla" if the DM is so inclined. ;)

That's OK I guess.

Although how do you know Godzilla can't speak Formian?:p

Cleon

Legend
Ready for the larva?

Bz'zz K'kk-k'zz.

That's "ready when you are" if you don't speak Formian.:p

Shall we start them out at 20 HD like the original or give them a +50% boost to 30 HD like the adult?

I prefer 20 HD.

Basically we just need to drop the fly speed and give it a trample attack.

I'd keep most of the stats the same - Colossal size, AC, ability scores, bite damage and SQs.

Maybe make the Space/Reach 30 ft./30 ft. ?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases