Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I think the DM can handle it, in that case. :p Unique critters are typically presented as a snapshot with Advancement: -.

freyar

Since you insist, I'm willing to do that. But there are lots of critters with an insight bonus to AC without that note.

Are we now ready for skills and feats?

freyar

Well, we don't want you to be uncomfortable. ;)

You also suggested Intimidate in the working draft, and we can max out 5 skills. How about Intimidate 12, Jump 12, Listen 12, Spot 12, Tumble 12? Or something similar?

Cleon

Legend
Well, we don't want you to be uncomfortable. ;)

So what are we adding to The Reaper Working Draft?

For AC the latest version is:

Armor Class: 21 (+4 Dex, +2 insight, +5 natural), touch 16, flat-footed 17

With the insight bonus needing to be mentioned somewhere, I'm thinking we should put it in Masterful Combat Reflexes.

Masterful Combat Reflexes (Ex): The Reaper adds its Wisdom bonus to its Armor Class and to the number of attacks of opportunity it can make in a round. It also has good Reflex saves.

Although we could add it to Martial Training:

Masterful Combat Reflexes (Ex): The Reaper adds its Wisdom bonus to the number of attacks of opportunity it can make in a round. It also has good Reflex saves.

Martial Training (Ex): The reaper was a master martial artist in life, and retains the martial skills it once possessed. The reaper possesses the base attack bonus of a fighter of a level equal to its Hit Dice, and qualifies for fighter feats as if its Hit Dice were fighter levels. It is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields). Furthermore, it gains an insight bonus to AC equal to its Wisdom bonus.

Shall we cut the armour proficiencies, since AD&D Kensai aren't skilled in armour and The Reaper doesn't wear any?

Martial Training (Ex): The reaper was a master martial artist in life, and retains the martial skills it once possessed. The reaper possesses the base attack bonus of a fighter of a level equal to its Hit Dice, and qualifies for fighter feats as if its Hit Dice were fighter levels. It is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and gains an insight bonus to AC equal to its Wisdom bonus.

You also suggested Intimidate in the working draft, and we can max out 5 skills. How about Intimidate 12, Jump 12, Listen 12, Spot 12, Tumble 12? Or something similar?

That would seem to cover everything it needs.

We still have a few special abilities to sort out though - Rejuvenation and Sword Charm. Those are tied together, and should be the same for all the Seven Swords.

freyar

If we need to mention the insight bonus somewhere specifically, I'd put it in Martial Training, and I agree with dropping the armor proficiencies.

Glad to know the skills look good. ;)

I think we can borrow standard Rejuvenation with the appropriate times and say it's bypassed only by destruction of the charm. Does the charm need a separate ability?

Remove ads