Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Hmm, I'd overlooked the turning instructions. We could make them tomb-tainted or vulnerable to turning, if we all feel like it.

Most of Cleon's suggestions look good. I think the reason they turn into mush in the open air is that they are exposed to daylight in open air, at least combining the two reasons. I do like the idea of making the liquid pestilence be a kind of death throes.

freyar

I'm on board with that, too. Let's get started.
3HD
Str 12, Dex 18, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 9? These seem pretty average, but I expect they have good Dex due to AC and decent Con to increase the death throes DC.

freyar

Looks like a good start. I'd do either shakes or slimy doom for the disease, unless we want to make one ourselves.

We also need to put in a squeezing ability.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I could've sworn that the squeezing bit was usually part of the amorphous ability, but I'm failing to locate it.

Found one odd variant on the ability...

Amorphous (Ex): Bludgeoning weapons and impact damage deal no damage to Juiblex. He is able to slip through spaces that otherwise could accommodate a creature no larger than Tiny because of his jellylike substance.

Or we could borrow this...

Boneless (Ex): The tyrannabyss has no bones or solid organs and is able to squeeze itself through openings much smaller than its apparent size. Treat the tyrannabyss as a creature two size categories smaller for purposes of determining what hampers movement and when squeezing (see Player's Handbook, page 148).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases