Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Let's just go with Con for the blood drain.

I'd still rather lower the CL. I don't think they seem more potent as casters. And, besides, we should change up a few spells to distinguish them a little. We're into monsters that need some help by now. ;)

Cleon

Legend
Let's just go with Con for the blood drain.

I'd still rather lower the CL. I don't think they seem more potent as casters. And, besides, we should change up a few spells to distinguish them a little. We're into monsters that need some help by now. ;)

That's what I'd go for, too.

We seem to be in sync today!

Cleon

Legend
Who am I to argue with your synchronicity?

Can we finish off the Blood Drain too?

I'm thinking we should modify the Rast approach:
Blood Drain: A rast drains blood from a grabbed opponent, dealing 1 point of Constitution damage each round it maintains the hold.
After thinking it over, we're probably better off adding a separate Disease Special Attack that does Strength damage for the "debilitating disease".

Blood Drain (Ex): A vampiric kappa drains blood from a grabbed opponent, dealing 1d4 [?] point of Constitution damage each round it maintains the hold as well as exposing the opponent to the kappa's disease attack.

Disease (Ex): Any creature injured by a vampiric kappa's bite or blood drain attacks is exposed to [red ache?].

Red ache—bite or blood drain, Fortitude DC 18, incubation period 1d3 days, damage 1d4 Str. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Since you two are in sync, I'll let you update the spells list. ;)

So Freyar, shall we give it any different spells or just reduce its selection to match the lower CL?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Blood drain looks fine, probably even with 1d4 Con. And I like red ache for it.

Let's start by removing spells, then swap a few around. It should have 6/7/7/5 now, I think.

Cleon

Legend
Blood drain looks fine, probably even with 1d4 Con. And I like red ache for it.

Updated Working Draft.

Let's start by removing spells, then swap a few around. It should have 6/7/7/5 now, I think.

That's the spells per day, yes.

Its spells known are 7/5/3/2, so we need to but 1 0-level spell and the 4th-level spell.

Maybe remove the create water?

I like the current spell selection quite a lot. Do you have any particular swaps in mind?

We could swap out hideous laughter, based on the assumption it prefers to pick off its opponents quietly and doesn't have Spell Focus (Enchantment). It's more about grabbing and blood-sucking, so something defensive like blur or protective from arrows.

EDIT: On second thoughts, swap the invisibility for blur and keep the hideous laughter.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases