Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

Shade

Monster Junkie
They're torturers, so I get more of an Intimidate vibe from them as well. I don't think we should invest two feats into social skills, though. Multiattack I would favor.

Fair enough. They really don't have enough skill ranks to spread 'em around so much, and I agree that they shouldn't be so socially-focused on the feats.

Perhaps light spells and searing light should deal lethal damage and deal damage as if it were undead?

Great idea!

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Organization: Solitary?

Alignment: Always neutral evil?

Advancement: 4–6 HD (Medium); 7–9 HD (Large)?

Celestial stags are x feet long and weigh x pounds.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Not sure on alignment, but the rest looks good. (I can't decide if they're crazily lawful with regard to the surface thing or what.)

5 ft long and 150 lb?

Cleon

Legend
I'm going to say Diplomacy 3, Intimidate 3, Listen 2, Sense Motive 2, Spot 2. Then give them Negotiator and Skill Focus (Intimidate).

Hmm, I thought of the harassment they do as more like Intimidation, but I can see Bluff. Or we could add Bluff, go with 2 ranks for everything, and take Persuasive insteand of SF (Intimidate).

I like the idea of Bluff and Intimidate, but don't see Diplomacy or Sense Motive as fitting very well. (To begin with, they're not that great at persuading miners to lead them out, and they can be tricked into dead ends and sealed up, which implies they're not much cop at persuasion and sensing deception).

So, I'd prefer something like Bluff 2, Intimidate 3, Listen 2, Spot 2, with Persuasive rather than Negotiator as the social feat.

Also, they're supposed to be nigh impossible to see in mines - maybe give them Shadow Blend or massive racial bonuses to Hide when in shadows?

Perhaps light spells and searing light should deal lethal damage and deal damage as if it were undead?

Definitely.

Cleon

Legend
Neutral evil seems the right alignment to me.

I agree. Their propensity for torture indicates an Evil alignment, and I can't see any leaning toward Law or Chaos. Besides I feel there's something rather elemental (Earth & Shadow) about them, with tilts me towards Neutral as far as their philosophy goes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases