Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

Cleon

Legend
Well since we increased the HD of the other two, we ought to do the same for the Humanoid.

+50% like we gave the adult Insectoid, for ~52HD? Round it to 50 HD?

Monstrous Humanoid, Humanoid or Giant for the type?

The description says they have the same empathy sense as the Reptilian.

For stats, I'm thinking Strength somewhere in the 50s, Dexterity 13, Constitution in the high 30s?

They're supposedly the dumbest of the Gargantua, so maybe Int 5 and a lower Wisdom and Charisma?

Speed 60 ft.?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Added to Homebrews.

I set Str and Con lower than the bigger n' tougher reptilian gargantua.

Should we reduce trample damage a bit, since it currently matches the reptilian (except for the lower Str bonus)? Maybe 8d10?

It might be fun to borrow this. :)

Stomp (Ex): As a full-round action, a flesh colossus may stomp upon any adjacent foe (that is, any within the area it threatens). Its attack roll modifier for this special attack is +65 (+75 base, -2 Dex, -8 size). If successful, the stomp deals double damage (8d6+24) and pins the victim until the colossus chooses to release him or her.

Cleon

Legend
Added to Homebrews.

I set Str and Con lower than the bigger n' tougher reptilian gargantua.

Should we reduce trample damage a bit, since it currently matches the reptilian (except for the lower Str bonus)? Maybe 8d10?

It might be fun to borrow this. :)

Stomp (Ex): As a full-round action, a flesh colossus may stomp upon any adjacent foe (that is, any within the area it threatens). Its attack roll modifier for this special attack is +65 (+75 base, -2 Dex, -8 size). If successful, the stomp deals double damage (8d6+24) and pins the victim until the colossus chooses to release him or her.

Giant's fine for the type.

I like Stomp, but we'd better make it do more damage than trample for it to be much use.

4d10 slam, 6d10 trample, 8d10 stomp?

Cleon

Legend
Sounds good. Updated.

How about we borrow this from Oonga:

Boulder Smash (Ex): Oonga can throw a Large boulder (10 ft. by 10 ft.), potentially hitting or dispersing multiple targets, at a range increment of 120 feet. To throw a boulder, Oonga must target a 10-foot-square area and hit AC 15. A success means that creatures and objects in the target area must make a Reflex save (DC = Oonga's attack roll) or take 3d8+10 points of damage. If a creature in the target area succeeds on the save, it moves 5 feet backward or to the side, though if it cannot move out of the area it takes half damage.

Which reminds me, the original AD&D Oonga had a special attack against small opponents he was holding, he lifted them up as high as he could reach and slammed them into the ground, doing claw damage plus 60 foot falling damage. Could give the Gargantua something similar, a turbocharged version of the Snatch feat's option of tossing opponents away.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Looking good. Any other specials for these?

Edit: I see Cleon has some ideas, which I can support wholeheartedly. :devil:

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'm amenable to all that. The latter ability reminds me a bit of this...

Toss (Ex): Woolly mammoths vigorously shake any creature caught in their tusks and fling it in a random direction. Resolve the toss as a bull rush maneuver (+20 check modifier), except that there is no attack of opportunity, since the woolly mammoth has already grabbed its foe when it tries to toss the victim. The woolly mammoth does not need to move with its foe in order to to throw its foe more than 5 feet. If the tossed victim beats the woolly mammoth's bull rush check, he remains in his current square with no ill effects and is not grappled any longer. Tossed victims take impact damage on landing as if they had fallen a distance equal to the distance they were tossed.

Cleon

Legend
I'm amenable to all that. The latter ability reminds me a bit of this...

Toss (Ex): Woolly mammoths vigorously shake any creature caught in their tusks and fling it in a random direction. Resolve the toss as a bull rush maneuver (+20 check modifier), except that there is no attack of opportunity, since the woolly mammoth has already grabbed its foe when it tries to toss the victim. The woolly mammoth does not need to move with its foe in order to to throw its foe more than 5 feet. If the tossed victim beats the woolly mammoth's bull rush check, he remains in his current square with no ill effects and is not grappled any longer. Tossed victims take impact damage on landing as if they had fallen a distance equal to the distance they were tossed.

Something like that, just make the distance 100-200 feet. :]

Remove ads