Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Yes, I think drop dayligth powerlessness.

Ok, I know there are critters with auras that leaving and reentering requires a new save, but I can't remember which. Anyway, for tha aura of despair, I'd copy one of those and plug in the penalties from crushing despair. I think that would work.

Does create replacement need to do anything? Maybe it's a special plane shift removing the victim's body?

Not much idea on the fireball form. Perhaps something like lantern archons?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Here's an aura that works whenever something is within range...

Mind Freeze Aura (Su): At the end of each of a frostwind virago's turns, creatures within 30 feet of her must succeed on a DC 30 Will save or be shaken for 1 round. Those who fail by 5 or more are dazed for 1 round, and those who fail by 10 or more are stunned for 1 round. The save DC is Charisma-based. A frostwind virago can suppress this ability at will as a free action. Frostwind viragos are immune to this aura.

And another...

Insidious Aura (Su): A remmanon emanates a telepathic aura that plays on the doubts and fears of its foes. Opponents that begin their turn within 30 feet of a remmanon must succeed on a DC 26 Will save or suffer the effect of a confusion spell for that round. An affected foe never treats a remmanon as the nearest creature for the purpose of determining the confusion effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

A remmanon and allies within 30 feet of it gain a +4 bonus on attack rolls against opponents affected by this aura.

freyar

I don't think that's it, but those are very interesting! I think I'm remembering the phrasing, or maybe not. Maybe we should just go with something simple like those:

Aura of Despair (Su): At the end of each of a suicide spirit's turns, creatures within 30 feet must succeed on a DC X Will save or take a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for X rounds. The save DC is Charisma-based. Suicide spirits are immune to this aura.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
That looks good. I suggest we borrow the remmemon's ability and give suicide spirits a bonus to attack despairing victims.

Create replacement is create spawn, only the suicide spirit then dies, right? Does the spawn form immediately, or does it take a while?

freyar

Good idea about the bonus to attack victims. +2 or just +1?

The replacement isn't a spawn, actually. It just means the body disappears with the suicide spirit. Maybe this should be a one-way plane shift where the suicide spirit takes its victim's body off to another plane, essentially meaning you need true resurrection to bring it back (or wish or miracle, I guess). What do you think?

freyar

It doesn't necessarily have to be fast, maybe it's a full round actio that requires Concentration, or something.

Cleon

Legend
Here's an aura that works whenever something is within range...

Mind Freeze Aura (Su): At the end of each of a frostwind virago's turns, creatures within 30 feet of her must succeed on a DC 30 Will save or be shaken for 1 round. Those who fail by 5 or more are dazed for 1 round, and those who fail by 10 or more are stunned for 1 round. The save DC is Charisma-based. A frostwind virago can suppress this ability at will as a free action. Frostwind viragos are immune to this aura.

And another...

Insidious Aura (Su): A remmanon emanates a telepathic aura that plays on the doubts and fears of its foes. Opponents that begin their turn within 30 feet of a remmanon must succeed on a DC 26 Will save or suffer the effect of a confusion spell for that round. An affected foe never treats a remmanon as the nearest creature for the purpose of determining the confusion effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

A remmanon and allies within 30 feet of it gain a +4 bonus on attack rolls against opponents affected by this aura.

The second of those is an interesting take and could fit their modus operandi - they try to disorient and terrify their intended replacement into a life-threatening situation.

Although from what I remember of such spirits they usually select a victim for this attack, which implies a ranged single-target power rather than an aura. Some kind of panic or short-duration confusion power would work.

However, I also think they should have an "Aura of Despair" to demoralize (Shaken?) those around them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases