Sacred Fist- Sacred Flame

SoulStorm

First Post
Ok, I'm trying to determine exactly how much damage a Sacred Flame attack does. The attack actually states "Instead of normal damage..." What exactly is meant by that? Does that just mean the damage die such as the 1d12 a 10th level Sacred fist does? What about the Strength bonus or the "No Shadow Blows" damage? Hopefully this has been clarified somewhere and I just missed it. Thanks for the help.

Destil

Explorer
As I read it instead of normal damage means just that: it replaces everything that would be considered 'normal'. Thus Str bonus, Weapon Specialzation, Damage Dice, Magic Fang, No Shadow Blows et cetera...

Zhure

First Post
"Sacred Flame (Sp): At 7th level, a sacred fist may use a standard action to invoke sacred flames around his hands and feet. instead of normal damage, a successful attack with these sacred flames deals damage as follows: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier if positive + sacred fist class level. The attack has a maximum possible damage of 1d6+15 points. At least half the damage is fire
damage, and the rest is sacred energy (and thus not subject to effects that reduce fire damage). "

I read it as replacing the 1d12+STR since that's the only "normal" unarmed damage a Sacred Fist does. Since it specifically mentions adding the wisdom modifier, it stands to reason Puissant Fists is sort of already added in. If GMF has been cast, I think that would add to the damage.

Greg

Kraedin

First Post
Destil- How do you define "normal damage"? For example, a character who is has a base strength of 16, raging, with bull's strength, divine favor, a flaming burst greatsword +1, a girdle of giant's strength +6, a greater magic weapon spell at caster level 20, and a +5 inherent bonus to strength.

Which parts of this attack do "normal damage"?

Destil

Explorer
Kraedin said:
Destil- How do you define "normal damage"? For example, a character who
Typicaly, no such definiton is needed or relevent. The ability of the Sacred Fist specificlay mentions 'normal damage', however. Though this will be fun :D

has a base strength of 16
+3 Str bonus
+4 Bonus to Str(20), Bringing the total bonus to +5
with bull's strength
Illrelevent, the enhancement bonus won't stack with the girdle.
divine favor
Assuming a 18th caster level, this produces a +6 luck bonus to damage.
a flaming burst greatsword +1
2d6+1 slashing damage + 1d6 fire damage. On a crit there's an added 1d10 fire damage.
a girdle of giant's strength +6
Bringing Str (26) bonus to +8
a greater magic weaponspell at caster level 20
Bringing the sword's slashing damage to2d6+5.
and a +5 inherent bonus to strength.
Bringing Str(31) bonus to +10

Final Damage -
2d6 + 5 (weapon enhancement) + 15(1.5xStr) + 6 (luck bonus) Slashing Damage + 1d6 Fire Damage.
OR 2d6+26(slash) + 1d6(fire)

On a Crit-
4d6 + 10 + 30 + 12 Slashing Damage + 1d6+1d10 Fire Damage.
OR 4d6+52(slash) + 1d6+1d10(fire)

Which parts of this attack do "normal damage"?
None. The instant the Sacred fist picks up the great sword they loose their special class abilitys, and thus can't use Sacred Flame. :cool:

ConcreteBuddha

First Post
Sacred flame has a max damage of 1d6 +15 total.

The reason this is of any usefulness is that it provides the class with an alternate way of damaging enemies besides their fists. Without this ability. Anything immune to bludgeoning weapons throughly defeats the SF.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases