WotC Layoffs - Rob Heinsoo, Logan Bonner, and Chris Sims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
An anonymous source tells me that WotC had it's pre-Christmas layoffs yesterday - and that Rob Heinsoo, Logan Bonner, and Chris Sims were among the casualties.

Please treat this as rumour until confirmed, although the source is one I trust.

ggroy

First Post
Any word on whether these gentlemen will be replaced with new full-time hires, or is their workload being taken over by freelancers?

I suppose they use dice to determine who goes?

And why pre-Christmas? Note that there is any good time for it, but why Christmas exactly? Do they avoid giving some Christmas bonus? Or because they already got one?

:(

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Any word on whether these gentlemen will be replaced with new full-time hires, or is their workload being taken over by freelancers?

I don't know any more than the above, I'm afraid. But WotC does this every year.

I'm in two minds about the timing - on the one hand it makes for a sucky Christmas for those affected. On the other hand, I guess it's better to be laid off before you spend all that money rather than immediately after Christmas.

catsclaw227

First Post
Are the people that have been laid off by WoTC usually converted into freelancers and generally continue to work on WOTC products?

I can't recall who has been part of past WOTC layoffs and if they did any ongoing freelance work for WOTC.

And don't then then hire again after the turn of the year? I wonder if this is about the ending of a fiscal year and showing lower expenditures for shareholders....

New Company Policy:

WOTC will henceforth be known as The Dread Pirate Roberts.

All employees upon acceptance of said employment must legally change thier name to Wesley.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And why pre-Christmas?

I would guess that the WotC fiscal year matches or is close to the calendar year - this timing would then give them a couple of weeks to do knowledge transfer, and get the people off the books before the end of the fiscal year.

Damn. This is just...

I've really enjoyed working with, and have utmost respect for, everyone on that list. :( If this is accurate, I really, really hope they're all able to bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases