WotC Layoffs - Rob Heinsoo, Logan Bonner, and Chris Sims

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagabundo

Adventurer
These kind of layoffs make for a sucky atmosphere...

Commiserations and hopefully this will turn up trumps - in time - for all those affected.

The_Baldman

Explorer
Damn. This is just...

I've really enjoyed working with, and have utmost respect for, everyone on that list. :( If this is accurate, I really, really hope they're all able to bounce back.

It's what sucks more and more each year as you become friends with more and more people at Wizards. The notices suck.

Given what has happened in the past this is sadly not shocking. :(

No. It is however still a sad event for those losing jobs and an example of the poor quality of management at Hasbro that they consider people this replaceable. How many executives that don't add value to the games themselves were laid off?

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I would guess that the WotC fiscal year matches or is close to the calendar year - this timing would then give them a couple of weeks to do knowledge transfer, and get the people off the books before the end of the fiscal year.

And before year-end bonuses.

This has happened several times in the past. Some have gone on to be WotC freelancers, some have moved on to other ventures.

Of course, I'm still shocked that Jeff Grubb is gone.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I know it's not just WotC, but damn...rpg's are a just a brutal industry. For those working in it, you have got to have some serious love for the hobby...and some seriously Big Brass Ones.

I salute all of you in this industry for loving it enough to make the hobby products we all love (and probably have a bit of an addiction for:blush::confused:).

Best wishes for Rob Heinsoo, Logan Bonner, and Chris Sims (if the rumor is true). May you land on your feet, be able to continue to be a part of this wonderful hobby you've all contributed so much to, and have a very Merry Christmas.

:(

Obryn

Hero
Damn, that's quite a list....

I mean, after the past 5 or 6 years, I'm not surprised when WotC lays off people I'd consider vital, but nevertheless... I was wondering who'd get the ol' Christmas Boot this year. Sucks, guys.

-O

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I know it's not just WotC, but damn...rpg's are a just a brutal industry. For those working in it, you have got to have some serious love for the hobby...and some seriously Big Brass Ones.

Tracy Hickman once gave me some good advice regarding game design and writing in general.

"Don't quit your day job." ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads