WotC Layoffs - Rob Heinsoo, Logan Bonner, and Chris Sims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt James

Game Developer
gah! I just got done working with Chris on a project (albleit a small one for Dragon). This is terrible news if true.

Last edited:

Khur

Sympathy for the Devil
It's true.

Maybe there's more to say later, but right now I have a Dark Sun game to prepare for.

Frylock

Explorer
I constantly hear people complaing that the industry won't let them in, but this shows that it's not a very big industry. Why they do this during the holidays is the bigger question. It might have to do with the timing of Hasbro's fiscal year. Either way, it sucks to hear that people are out of work.

Azgulor

Adventurer
Given the history, Christmas must be a pretty tense time of year at the WotC offices. It would suck to work in that kind of environment.

Having worked in an environment where bi-annual layoffs could be predicted almost like clockwork, I can confirm that yes, it does suck to be in that kind of environment.

Hell, I don't even play 4e, but the fact that this continues to be a part of the WotC business plan just pisses me off.

Pour

First Post
As a fellow victim of unemployment, my condolences. But I believe all three of you guys will find new things quickly! Your track records speak for themselves.

Nymrohd

First Post
Commiserations:( In the current climate, even healthy businesses that are doing well still downsize if they can afford to do so I'm afraid. Hope everyone can bounce back reasonably fast.

Drkfathr1

First Post
I guess the Rouse got out while the gettin' was good.

I really couldn't imagine working for WoTC knowing that layoffs were coming every Christmas.

As others have said, this just gives some of us even more reason to no longer support WotC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads