The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=location]We'll say there you aren't too far away from the town yet.[/sblock]

You do see another traveler on the road, apparently hurrying back to Maoleth. The figure is cloaked and hooded, but the horns and tail clearly mark her as a Tiefling.

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Seeing the traveller, Firete quickly writes a note. If you wait one moment, I can contact our friend back in Maoleth and we can still go to the keep.

[sblock=Bluff Check]1d20+10=24[/sblock]

She dashes off down the road trying to catch the Tiefling. Hail friend, I was wondering if I could trouble you for one small favour. I... She hesitates as if the subject was delicate. I was supposed to hear word from a...a friend of mine in Maoleth, but I have business that takes me outside town and I was unable to leave word for him. Would it inconvenience you dreadfully if you leave this at the Iron Lotus? Tell them it is from Firete, and I will be returning shortly if there if there are any other messages. This is for your trouble. Firete holds out two silver pieces along with the note.

[sblock=Note]My apologies, but pressing business has forced me to leave town earlier than I would have liked. I shall be returning within a few days at the most and I still do hold hopes that we will meet.

Firete[/sblock]

Yishim hangs back, ready to help. On the off chance that a hooded creature with devil's blood rushing along the road between an abandoned keep and a war-torn town might be up to something more nefarious :)

[sblock=OOC Katana]Who's going to receive the note at the Iron Lotus - the barkeep who let you sing? I think that makes the most sense. There's no one else we can identify to get it, right?[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC Wait until tomorrow?]I'm fine either way. I think we'll be using torches day or night unless the whole thing is ruins with light pouring in from outside. At the risk of metagaming, night doesn't really grant a mechanical benefit to most enemies once you're underground, right?[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli

Chey hangs back, staying out of sight just in case the tiefling girl is a part of the cult; after all, Cheysuli, Brenwar and Miranna are not supposed to be associated with Firete and Yishim.

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Thank you, I won't keep you any further. Firete smiles at the Tiefling and then heads back to the group. It is done, and we were talking of heading off?

Fragsie

Explorer
"We were deciding whether to set up camp for the night, or go to the keep now, but never mind that! Whop was she?" Curiosity burns brightly in Chey's eyes.

Katana_Geldar

First Post
She seemed too much in a hurry to give me a name, Firete says, and I don't blame her, since she wants to get in before the gates close. As for camping...perhaps we should be a little nearer to the keep. I managed to procure some rare herbs in town, so if we make camp near the keep I could make it so it is concealed. Honestly, I would feel better after having a bit more information.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Agreed," Miranna growled from the shadow of the trees. "Even if we don't start actually exploring the keep tonight, I would like to get some glimpse of the layout before it gets too dark."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases