The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Various Links and Info]
The adventure started on April 3rd, 2009.
Firete and Yishim joined the party on Sept 23rd, 2009.
THB started DMing on Oct 6th, 2009.

Original Thread
I (THB) started DMing here.
The necklace turns out to not be as popular as I had hoped.
First xp reward
Rewards from cave.

[sblock=Voices]Guard 1
Guard 2

Eilian
Bairdon[/sblock][/sblock]

Under the tree:

"Um, I'm afraid I don't know."

[sblock=ooc]
This is going to get somewhere? Right? Let me know if I am on the wrong track with finding out about this cult while not asking about it directly

Uh... not really. Eilian is fairly knowledgeable regarding the town's history, but he's not a great resource for information on current events, such as possible kidnappings. Sorry.[/sblock]

In the tower:

Valthun furrows his brow at Chey, apparently a little surprised. "Yes. That's correct." He walks across the room, removes a scroll case from a cabinet, and hands it over to you. "If you can get to the seal, this should help strengthen it. I'm afraid I don't have much that can help once the rift is opened."

Inside the case is, unsurprisingly perhaps, a scroll. You recognize it as a ritual that will accomplish what Valthun says: weakening planar rifts.

"As for how Shadraxil died, there isn't much to be learned. The dragon was killed by a group of samurai. There was almost certainly more to it than that, but the details seem to have been lost."

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Do you know WHERE the dragon was killed? Was it at the keep, or somewhere else?," Miranna rasped. "Or was it not known?"

OOC: Thinking that we still have the loose thread of another significant location from our initial map/briefing, that of an ancient battle... Don't know if that is just a red herring, though.

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar keeps his mouth shut throughout the exchange remembering the last time the wizard snapped at him for making a comment. So Brenwar continues to pay attention and and think of something to say that hasn't already been said or asked.

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

Cheysuli briefly studies the scroll to determine what they will need to conduct the ritual, in case the are requirements that the group would need to sort out before leaving town.

"Do you have any idea what sort of creature we may run into up there; given the influence of this demi-plane?"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Everything you need for the ritual has been woven into the magic of the scroll itself.

"There are rumors that the keep is overrun with goblins, which would correlate with your experience. In addition, Zal'Ekthees is a creature of undeath. Even if the rift is not completely opened it is possible for some necromantic taint to seep through to our side. Finally, for all his foulness, Zal'Ekthees is also a creature of great power. There are always those who are weak to temptation and blind to its cost. You may not have seen such people yet, and it could be that there is no threat greater than that of some overly clever goblins, but I will not let it be said that I didn't prepare you for the possible dangers."

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

Cheysuli speaks with forced politeness (perhaps brought on by the twinkle of surprise she saw in Valthun's eyes; "Very well, on behalf of my companions and myself, I thank you for your warnings and your help," she indicated the scroll case in her hand, "With any luck we will be able to save this town and repel this insidious attempt to empower the Shadow without loosing any of our lives on the battle field. We leave this afternoon, if there is anything else that you believe we may need to know, now is the time to say."

[sblock=OOC Been Busy]Sorry guys, just started a new contract and have been busy. Katana, go ahead and run with this; I'll pop in when I have time. I expect the other group will meet with us soon enough.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases