Adventure: Love Bites

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Holiday Weekend]Just want to say that I'll be out of town and unable to post beginning Friday April 2nd. I'll be back Sunday night Apriln4th.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Just a minor self-bump to say that I haven't forgotten you guys, and I'm sorry for leaving you hanging for a bit. Advancing the plot here is very near the top of my list of things to do.
[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Passing the time]
Just a minor self-bump to say that I haven't forgotten you guys, and I'm sorry for leaving you hanging for a bit. Advancing the plot here is very near the top of my list of things to do.
No problem, there'll be extensive Demonskin Frisbeeing going on in the meantime. :) [/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=Inactivity]
Hi Guys
Caught up by real life issues at the moment, working overtime and studying for my final exams. Will be back soon.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Shaky" Skivean lives, as many alchemists do, on the outskirts of the city, where land is cheap enough to afford reinforced outbuildings, separated from the alchemist's actual house by a generous strip of bare earth. In Skivean's neighborhood, there are a dozen such homes, spread cautiously around the road leading into Daunton proper, each with a brass plate on a post in front, acid-etched with the name of the occupant. There are no trees or bushes in or near the area, though there are a number of scorched craters hinting at what may have happened to the trees. The whole place has a strong chemical odor.

One of the houses has a plate in front rather sloppily etched with the name Manassas P. Skivean. There is a faint plume of smoke wafting erratically from the sturdy stone workshop in the back.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Where there's smoke, there's a crazy alchemist." Mikara fixes on the direction of the smoke and looks over the terrain to find a clear path between herself and its source. Inspecting the scorched ground and smelling the caustic fumes, she wrinkles her nose and turns to Tristan, "Why would one endeavor to destroy the air so."

nerdytenor

First Post
"Why would one endeavor to destroy the air so."

Kathalia frowns, shaking her head. "Wouldn't want to hunt any mushrooms around here. Unless you fancy waking up as a toad." Kathalia's nostrils flare as she sniffs about, her face betraying just a touch of the wolf that lies beneath.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Inspecting the scorched ground and smelling the caustic fumes, she wrinkles her nose and turns to Tristan, "Why would one endeavor to destroy the air so."
Tristan likewise wrinkles his nose. "I don't know, but judging by how well he's destroyed the earth and plants as well he must have some grudge against nature." His fingers trace the hilt of his blade for a second, then he turns to Hacker and Woe. "You two know this crazy?"

KenHood

First Post
"Know him? *****, I don't even remember the guy's name, and I wasn't paying attention when Johnny Boring-Story was explaining why were supposed to talk to him."

Hacker marches up to the door of the lab and beats upon it. "Hey, alchemist guy! You in the market for some dragon parts? Fresh from the beast, and properly preserved, sir! You name it, and we've got it!"

covaithe

Explorer
"D-d-dragon parts?" a muffled voice answers. "One moment, I'll be right out!"

There is a clatter of glass, followed by a muffled curse, a crash of breaking glass, and a much louder curse. The door opens, and a weedy-looking half-elf steps out and closes the door behind him. Wisps of acrid red smoke billow out around the edges of the door for a moment, then start to pour out of the chimney, drifting away on the wind.

"Right, well. I'd ask you in, but it's better to stay out here for a few minutes. Let the blood circulate, you know. Bit of fresh air. Good for you, fresh air; that's what I always say. Right. Er, what was it you wanted? Dragon parts? I'm afraid I'm all out, more's the pity." He squints down at Hacker over a thick pair of glasses with a small spiderweb crack on one lens.

Remove ads