Adventure: Love Bites

Dunamin

First Post
"He didn't even commit the murder he's accused of." Tristan turns to Woe, a questioning look on his face. "Right?"
“What, a murderer? Me? Hells, no murderer could look this stunningly handsome. That works out because I grimace when slaying people with questionable justification.”

Woe laughs innocently.

“Honestly, I’ve only gutted people who had it coming. And while the schmuck in question did fulfil that specific criterion, even then I didn’t do him in.”

The warrior speeds up and leaps over Hacker, releasing his torch to roll towards their enemies. In one swift motion he draws his spear and braces it against shield, ready to intercept enemies from approaching the team.

”Now had you asked if I was a lady-killer,” Woe calls out, to the bounty hunters as much as to Tristan. “My guilt would be worth bucket-loads of life sentences, months of torment, and a few dozen death sentences.”

[sblock=Actions]Woe moves to N14, drops his torch (tossing it ahead to just light up foes), draws his spear, and readies to charge with Knockdown Assault when a foe moves within range.

Idea: I want to surprise the mercenaries by going behind the house while invisible, and pass through position H2,I2,J2,K2 to attack the elf.
Good thinking, with a little help she could be taken down fast. The environment is ripe for guerrilla tactics.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=OOP]
Neither Tonk, Tristan, Dextyr or Mikara does have any death penalty from their previous adventure as they couldn't escape getting killed as the adventure was a gauntlet that could only be ended by the PCs death so Lauto removed the DP as a additional perk

Really? Can you -- or anyone else -- point me to a post where that is explicitly stated? I thought I followed that adventure pretty closely.

<insert your favorite rant about nerfing death here />

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Tristan shrugs at the mercenaries. "Your problem if you mess with those who have business with the L'irkashes."

Nonchalant, Tristan turns and walks into the alley beside him. Once out of the mercenaries' sight, however, he breaks into a run and draws his sword, preparing to pounce once he rounds the building.

However, the elf nearly trips over a crouching figure. Judging by the fact that it's wearing armor and has a sword drawn, Tristan concludes it's with the mercenaries, or at least not friendly. He smiles. "Well hello there! Fancy meeting someone back here. It's not very polite to stand in the way like that you know," he comments cheerfully to the figure as he channels Dayna's power into his sword and strikes.
[sblock=Actions]First off, because I forgot: Streetwise (1d20+1=18). And Tristan continues his mysterious streak of knowing how Daunton works despite never being here before :confused:

Move: to G15.
Minor: Draw sword.
Standard: move to K10 and Stealth (1d20+12-5=22), or 21 with DP.
Bond of Pursuit vs. goblinoid: 1d20+9-1=13 vs. AC, 1d12+5=15 damage. DP included, fyi. If that miraculously hits and the target doesn't end its next turn adjacent to me, I can shift 5 squares as a free action and must end the shift closer to the target.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]I like the idea of guerilla tactics, especially with so many of us trained in Stealth.

For what it's worth, I don't mind having the DP. After all we did die and get resurrected.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tristan stats]Tristan Moonblade - Male Elf Avenger (Dayna) 2
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15; Low-light vision
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:17 -- Speed:7
HP:34/34, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:9/9
+2 item bonus to saves vs. poison keyword, weakened, slowed, immobilized.
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: available
Powers
Bond of Pursuit
Radiant Vengeance

Angelic Alacrity
Avenger's Resolve
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Oath of the Final Duel
Luckblade

Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Tristan gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Tristan]As you duck behind the building with the fruit stalls, you nearly trip over a crouching figure. It's hard to see in the shadows, but it looks like a squat, misshapen imitation of a hobgoblin, wearing leather armor under a hooded robe, and wielding a short sword.

ooc: I stopped your move action in H16, since moving any farther would provoke an OA from the new enemy, which is in H15. I'm guessing you may want to change your standard...
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
"A fight! Oh me oh my, what fun!" Kathalia twitters. "I was getting so bored with all that TALK TALK TALK..."

Kathalia takes a few steps (OOC: Move to M13) and slowly raises her hands to her lips, blowing a kiss. A small, bubble-gum pink heart glittering with what looks like fairie dust floats quickly towards the three enemy combatants. A second later, it pauses in their midst, beating, whereupon a giant black spectral arrow appears out of nowhere and crashes into it, smashing it into a thousand pieces.

"See what it's like to be me? Broken heart after broken heart - story of my life! Feel my pain!" she comments pathetically. Strangely, the enemies do feel her pain as her 'broken heart' burns them to the core (OOC: Fires of Life hits all three of em for 8 fire damage, and they all take ongoing 5 fire (save ends). When they save vs fire, a creature of my choice within 5 squares heals for 2 hp, or 7 hp if they die with the condition (unlikely))

Enraged at the memory of her love spurned time and time again, Kathalia vanishes in a roar to be replaced a moment later by her large, ugly wolf form (OOC: Wild Shape)

[sblock=Kathalia Stat Block]
Kathalia, Elf Druid 3
Passive Perception 22, Passive Insight 15
AC 19, Fort 14, Reflex 17, Will 17
HP 36/36 Bloodied 18, Surge Value 9, Surges 9/9
Speed 8, Initiative +5
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
wolf form

Encounter Resources
Darting Bite
Predator's Flurry
Elven Accuracy (+ feat)
Screaming Hide Armor
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Healing Word
Amulet of Resolution
Fleet Persuit
USED Fires of Life
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Death Penalty]
Really? Can you -- or anyone else -- point me to a post where that is explicitly stated? I thought I followed that adventure pretty closely.

<insert your favorite rant about nerfing death here />

I don't think it was ever stated explicitly, but I never intended for the death penalty from Dextyr/Strikers to last past the end of the adventure. I just assumed that the end of the adventure cleared all such status effects. It never occurred to me that it would need mentioning.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, that does change things a bit, cov. Not that I'm surprised to see there's other baddies hiding around here :p

Changed my standard to an attack, previous post edited with the details and new fluff.

EDIT: Also, Kathalia's attack was hilarious! :)[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Gone flying]I'll be travelling most of the day, feel free to NPC Woe's readied attack when it triggers - as long as it’s delivered with a suitably cocky comment/one-liner. ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases