Adventure: Love Bites

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"... fine, sea-side, city."
Tristan gives Mikara a look of incredulity, but lets the comment pass.

"Don't any bounty hunters in this town do any research? He didn't even commit the murder he's accused of." Tristan turns to Woe, a questioning look on his face. "Right?" He turns back to the armored man and shrugs, adding, "Whatever, he didn't do it. But I suppose that's not good enough for you, is it?"
[sblock=OOC]Marching order sounds good to me. And I agree, we should set up some ambushes sometime :)

Six on three - either an ambush, or three elites. Or both :p[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
The armored man smirks. "Nice try. Looks like we'll have to do this the hard way, then. Good! At 'em, lads!"

It's what you've been waiting for, and you spring into action.

[sblock=status and initiative]Enemy initiative: 8.

PC initiatives: Everyone beats 8 except Hacker.

Woe, Hacker, and Kathalia have done a fair amount of sitting around and drinking, which I'll count as an extended rest. Atreus is fresh from his reboot. Mikara and Tristan are fresh, except if I'm not mistaken, they still have the resurrection penalty, yes?

• Mikara 34/34 hp, 7/7 surges, death penalty <== You're up
  • Atreus 39/39 hp, 9/9 surges
  • Kathalia 36/36 hp, 9/9 surges
  • Tristan 34/34 hp, 9/9 surges, death penalty
  • Woe 46/46 hp, 11/11 surges
  • Human unharmed
  • Dwarf unharmed
  • Elf unharmed
  • Hacker 36/36 hp, 9/9 surges

[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
streets01.png

Squares within 5 of Woe's torch are brightly lit. Everywhere else is dimly lit, and is treated as lightly obscured unless you have low light vision. Lightly obscured means all enemies have concealment, if there's 5 or more lightly obscured squares between you and the enemy, they have total concealment (though you'll still know where they are unless they make a stealth check).
[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
Covaithe said:
The armored man smirks. "Nice try. Looks like we'll have to do this the hard way, then. Good! At 'em, lads!"
Atreus, whom has been too caught up in is mind finally reacts to his surroundings " So be it, but you shall regret crossing our paths "

OOC: What visible weapons are the mercenaries carrying?

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Oh goody goody. I guess I'll save the brother for last.

Mikara looses an arrow and dives behind a building. She had some trouble getting the bow off her shoulder, but the shot seemed well aimed enough.

Now let's see if that buy's hacker time to engage. A human with no kneecaps. Now that's something I'd like to see.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Draw Bow (from here until her actions specify otherwise, she's carrying her bow in hand)
Minor: HQ on Human
Standard: Evasive Strike
Target: Human
Attack: 1d20+9+1(Prime Shot)-1(Death Penalty)=17 eh...
Elven Accuracy: 1d20+9+1(Prime Shot)-1(Death Penalty)=23 Ah! That's better.
Damage (If applicable): 2d10+6+1d8(HQ,Lethal Hunter)=27
Effect: Mikara shifts to J10
Stealth to hide: 1d20+14=21 keep in mind that this is base, not counting enemy's penalties for her total concealment (she's behind a house for what that's worth).[/sblock]

[sblock=Questions]

• Do I have to declare Elven Accuracy before I know whether or not there is a hit? In any case, I rolled without knowing this time.
  • I thought Mikara was going to be in back, heh. Your loss.
  • Is there a way we can see at least the enemy's defenses so we know whether or not we hit. It would certainly help us RPing with better flavor text.
  • If you count a day of rest and another half-day getting plastered in the Hanged Man as 3 milestones, then I'd prefer to gather action points that way ;). I guess the DP still does apply.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
OOC: What visible weapons are the mercenaries carrying?

Human has a halberd. Elf has a spear, and a hand crossbow hanging from her belt. Dwarf has a warhammer.

Questions:

• Do I have to declare Elven Accuracy before I know whether or not there is a hit? In any case, I rolled without knowing this time.
  • I thought Mikara was going to be in back, heh. Your loss.
  • Is there a way we can see at least the enemy's defenses so we know whether or not we hit. It would certainly help us RPing with better flavor text.
  • If you count a day of rest and another half-day getting plastered in the Hanged Man as 3 milestones, then I'd prefer to gather action points that way ;). I guess the DP still does apply.

When I don't specify AC, I guess you would generally declare Elven Accuracy before knowing whether it's a hit or not. In this case you were right, it turned a miss into a hit. Also, I do (did, but forgot) plan to put some enemy stats up.

Mikara is in the back; you were travelling west to east on that map and the enemies approached from behind you.

Working on enemy stats now.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Enemy stats]

Human: HP 106, AC 20, Fort 18, Ref 17, Will 18. BMA +11 vs. AC 1d10+5 damage and target is marked TENT (Human).

Dwarf: HP 63, AC 19, Fort 17, Ref 16, Will 18. BMA +10 vs. AC, 1d10+1 damage.

Elf: HP 45, AC 16, Fort 17, Ref 16, Will 18. BMA +11 vs. AC, 1d8+2 damage

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Mikara is in the back; you were travelling west to east on that map and the enemies approached from behind you.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Ah. I see. Well that was foolish on their part. I got prime shot out of it. Unfortunately, I picked on the biggest guy first. Dang! Did he (the human) start out at 106 or 133?[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
[sblock=OOP and a blast from the past]Neither Tonk, Tristan, Dextyr or Mikara does have any death penalty from their previous adventure as they couldn't escape getting killed as the adventure was a gauntlet that could only be ended by the PCs death so Lauto removed the DP as a additional perk[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
Atreus dissolves into a shadow, completely vanishing from his opponents and Mikara's sight. As soon as the transformation is complete he dashes after the ranger and disappears. Only Mikara catches a last glance of something dark moving past her, giving her a strange feeling of something unnatural is near.

[Sblock=Actions]
Free Action: Uses Assassins shroud on elf
Minor Action: Uses Cloak of shades, Atreus is now invisible from creatures more than 5 sq's away and has gained concealment.
Move Action and Standard Action: Moves to G8 ( Stealth Check 31 )
Idea: I want to surprise the mercenaries by going behind the house while invisible, and pass through position H2,I2,J2,K2 to attack the elf.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases