Adventure: Love Bites

nerdytenor

First Post
Kathalia frowns at the sniveling 'alchemist' and shrugs her shoulders.

"Never you mind, then. I just wanted to make sure you weren't holding back on us. You can have your dragon-bits now."

covaithe

Explorer
Skivean nods enthusiastically, beaming. He ducks inside and quickly comes up with half a dozen assorted unlabeled flasks and vials, which he presses into Woe's hands. "I'm pretty sure those are all healing potions. I picked out the best ones for you! Do stop in some time and let me know how they work?"

He carefully takes the assorted dragon pieces, cradling them gently and humming a happy little tuneless melody as he carries them inside, heedless of some bits of glass crunching underfoot. He absently slams the door, seeming to have forgotten you already.

"Whew!" Woe exclaims, having unstoppered one of the bottles and taken a whiff. "Reminds me of the flophouses in Bacarte; the cheap ones. A man's gotta be pretty far down on his luck to drink from that well. Or to drink one of these. But hey, maybe better than dying. Who wants one?"

[sblock=ooc]No word from Dunamin yet. Atriden says he's still swamped with finals, but plans to be back soon-ish.
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara eyes the bottles with more than a little suspicion,
"I'd rather roll over and die, thank you,
than drink from one of those foul-smelling things."

covaithe

Explorer
As far as Hacker can tell, the potions should be healing potions. At least, they should have at least a healing effect. There is an erratic fluctuation in the magical patterns fixed into the potion, though, sometimes flaring wildly and other times dying away completely. It changes constantly, not holding still long enough for Hacker to get a fix on exactly what the side effects might be. It is clear, though, that there are a large number of potential side effects, or quite possibly no side effect at all, depending purely on luck.

[sblock=ooc]If that's not clear enough, I've got (most of) a table to roll on for the potion's side effects. You'll definitely get to spend a surge when you take one (well, unless you're very unlucky), but what else might happen... We'll just have to find out.

So, what's next? The things that I know of that have been mentioned as being on your agenda are looking in on your old friend Dungwringer, and acting on your new information about Father Serevas. Or whatever else you guys plan to do next.
[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"So, let's go follow up on this info about the ***** priest, What's-His-Face. Did anybody pay attention to what Fizzy, the Cuckoo Alchemist, said? Interesting fact: Do you know why there are so many crazy, cut-rate alchemists out there? Because it's the only way to make a profit in the business. The material costs for a potion and the price which the market will support for the sale of said potion are exactly the same. When you factor in labor, alchemists work at a net loss. So, you end up with a bunch of guys who try to cut costs by using 'alternate materials'--and they usually become so frustrated with their profession that they become serial alcoholics and drug-abusers (which is only a short step from alchemy, when you think about it), hence the addled nature of their minds." Hacker allows himself a self-satisfied grin after he takes a drag on a cigarette.

nerdytenor

First Post
"Oh, but potions can be SO FUN!" Kathalia interjects. "You remember the one I made for us a few solstices back..." Kathalia smiles wistfully at the memory.

// If there is time for buying stuff Kathalia wouldn't mind picking up a few magical arrows

Remove ads