Adventure: Love Bites

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Hey, Covaithe!

Since we're not doin' nothin' (yet), can I make an adjustment to my boy's character sheet and replace one of his feats with the Fey Heritage (or whatever) that provides a +1 bonus to charm based attacks?

Erm. I don't think it's within my authority as a DM to say yes. You can certainly make a proposal to that effect (and if you do, I'll likely vote yes) but short of that, I think you'll have to wait for a level up and retrain.

In other news, I don't think you guys are waiting for me, just RPing a bunch of slightly psychotic PCs trapped in a room, yes? I'm certainly not discouraging you from working out your character issues; just checking that we're agreed that the ball's in your court.
[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I just wanted to let you guys know that I am still here, just having loads to do this holiday so I haven't been able to post a proper post. Will soon though!
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara, stands, smiles graciously at Hacker, and curtsies dramatically, pantomiming a bouquet of roses in her left arm and swinging her right one wide, "At your service, little one."

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
Hacker haws, spewing the brew, which sizzles as it hits the floor. He rocks back and forth, laughing and clapping his feet (as his hands are full). Then, he turns to Atreus, "See, Whistlebritches? This here is a fine example of a-*****-propriate manners. Not that you'd know it, even if it beat you senseless and ***** you up the *****."

Hacker nods at the vampire. "Okay, boss-man. Everybody has made the nice-nice. Why don't you give us the first ***** mission? And may I make two suggestions? First, how 'bout we break open whatever coffers and secret vaults fatso here has squirreled about his domicile, because a well-equipped servant is an ef-****-fective servant? Second, how 'bout you use that vast necrotic-energy-powered intellect of yours and give us the summarized version of whatever ***** sob-story you want to use to motivate us to do your ***** bidding? 'Cause, honestly, we all just don't give a *****. We're adventurers, right? That means all ya need do is tell where the gawds-***** treasure is located, and we'll heap a mighty-big pile of bodies on the pathway to it. No necessity for all that ***** back-story and bull**** and pathos and ethos and what-*****-not. It's not like we're gonna remember it anyways."

Atriden

First Post
Lord Sessadore said:
"Well, we're not trying to hunt them down for the bounty. We've already claimed a bounty about seventy times as big today, so maybe our quota's full." Tristan grins at the strangers. "However, judging by your reaction," he nods at the man with the spear and shield, "you are the group we're looking for. We're actually here to help you out. So the spear really is unnecessary."

"Oh, I'm Tristan, by the way. This is Mikara," he says, gesturing to the female elf with the bow.
H.M.Gimlord said:
Mikara lowers her bow, understanding, now, that Woe's stance was one of defense and not of aggression. Still attempting to stifle the temptation to fall on the floor laughing, not that Woe's comments helped her regain her composure in any way, she attempts to answer the fighter's questions, "Tristan," she nods to Tristan, "and I have been tasked with protecting you (not sure you're in much need of that. You seem like a capable enough bunch), and clearing your name (now with that you will need help). Unfortunately, our employer was light on specifics. I imagine that was because he himself wasn't aware of any."

" Pleased to meet you Mikara and Tristan, I am Atreus D'torian " and he gives a short bow to the newcomers " Protection from our foes will not be an easy task but it is much appreciated. Clear our names? Whom is your employer? " he curiously asks the elf's.

H.M.Gimlord said:
She turns to Atreus, still giggling, but a little more serious,"As for my kin, I seriously doubt any of them put an arrow in you. They wouldn't have the spine," she sheaths the arrow, "That's why I'm here and they're not."

" I will take that as an complement "
and he crosses his arms in thought
H.M.Gimlord said:
Mikara pulls her ears down, "We're not all alike you know," she continues to giggle...
" Yes, so I can see ".
He takes a look at Kathalia; Note to self, female elf's are abnormally cheerful and tend to giggle...a lot.

H.M.Gimlord said:
...and continues to answer the more mundane of Woe's requests (no not those;)), "I'm afraid that the lion-share of our reward was claimed from us by the church of Lauto,"
Lord Sessadore said:
Though I suppose you all are either doing better than we did, or Lauto has done you some favors too."

At the mention of Lauto, Atreus remembers his magical necklace with Lauto's symbol he wears around his neck and tugs under his red scarf " Favours? No, the lord of death does not do favours. He is only interested in a deal that benefits him, one way or the other " says the ravenant of lauto

Dunamin said:
Woe casts a look at Atreus, laughing.
“Well, I don’t know about that. Don’t feel alarmed or discouraged, but people die around me like a plague.”
" It is one of the risks you undertake when you pursue to defeat a cult like 'The Closed Eye'. Too bad Arnest didn't die by my hands... "

Kenhood said:
"Hey, looks like everyone in the room is still alive, so I reckon I can assume that y'all have decided to act civil. 'Tis a fine thing, it is. But I'll bet you a gold piece that as soon as I left the room, ole' Whistlebritches there..." He points at Atreus. "...said something threatening, but tried to act like it was some sort of half-***** promise or a description of fact, rather than the preening cock-o'-the-yard crowin' it is."

" Now, now Scarface " he calmly respons to Hacker " Not everyone can be as friendly as you " and Atreus throws himself into a comfortable chair " I am still amazed that no one has taking advantage of your naive and ignorant presumptions. Mikara and Tristan are clearly adventurers but their intentions could not be discerned by a mere look nor good faith, considering their entrance. Me and Woe are after all wanted men and want to be on the safe side "

covaithe

Explorer
This thing has reins? Since when!

Karse, ignoring the byplay in the stairway, has been arranging Doddoddod's body and going through his pockets. He looks up, face cold. "I believe I asked not to be disturbed. Can it be that you are truly as carelessly ignorant as you pretend to be, gnome? Very well, I will repeat my needs once more. This time you will pay attention, or I will find another way for you to serve my needs.

One. I wish you to locate and recover the mortal remains of Aleana L'irkash. I do not know where she lies. Two. I wish to know how adventurers came to arrive just in time to interrupt my plans, not once but twice.

Now, get out of this room and do something about it. Do not disturb me again until this door is open, if you value self-determination."

With that, he slams the door shut, and you hear the sound of a piece of heavy furniture, perhaps one of Doddoddod's industrial-strength sofas, being dragged across the floor behind the door.

[sblock=ooc]This is all review. The first few posts in this thread lay out the framework of the adventure, as far as things Karse wants from you go. I think probably the interesting posts suggesting where to go from here are this and this*. But that's certainly not the limit of possible ways you could go about this. So, this isn't so much "taking up the reins" as it is a bit of a recap.

* Garyh got the nod to the MMC's adventures, but I'm slightly disappointed (but not terribly surprised) that nobody picked up on the reference to Quagmire's background.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases