would like to get his girl back.
Tell me something new.

It seems your repute
is not worth this undead's time.
Easy to see that.

It's quite a challenge
to clear a vampire's name.
Any ideas?"
[sblock=OOC]Sorry Cov. Thought for some reason that we were waiting on anything that Karse might have gotten out of Dod*3. I'm all for going back to this Father Serevas guy if anyone wants to. There might be some clues there.[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"Yeah, well, ***** you, too! I'm just trying to help, *****! Thanks for threatening me, I really appreciate it!" shouts Hacker at the departing vampire.

Hacker mutters, "*****."

The gnome polishes off the sandwich, kills the bottle, stands, and claps his hands. "Okay, then. I don't know where the ***** I'm going, but I'm sure it's somewhere else. Anyone care to join me?"

He sets off to find the priest...

Streetwise: 1d20+10=27

Dunamin

First Post
"Me and Woe are after all wanted men and want to be on the safe side "
“Now hold on there. If there is a safe side to be on, in this sorry section of the Shifting Seas, I don’t think we’ve ever been within a mile of one,” Woe grins. “And why would we want that? Sounds like a boring place to be, like what I hear of celibacy and sobriety.”

"It seems your repute
is not worth this undead's time.
Easy to see that."
Woe raises his mug in a toast for Mikara, before downing the contents.

“Right you are, honey.
Vampires lack novelty,
but a job’s a job.”

With that, he slams the door shut, and you hear the sound of a piece of heavy furniture, perhaps one of Doddoddod's industrial-strength sofas, being dragged across the floor behind the door.
“That Merry Merith sure is one cheerful party monkey.”

“Alright, kiddies. If you’re all done tempting our undead blood-sucking temperamental patron to try and beat us into submission (again), how’s about we move out? I guess we might as well start off with dropping by the L’irkash residence for tea, cookies, and corpses.”
[sblock=Let’s go!]
I'm all for going back to this Father Serevas guy if anyone wants to.
I agree that Father Serevas is a primary suspect here, though I don’t recall any information we learned as to his current or past whereabouts.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"It's quite a challenge
to clear a vampire's name.
Any ideas?"
"It could make things more difficult. Oh well," Tristan comments to no one in particular, though he doesn't sound particularly bothered.
The gnome polishes off the sandwich, kills the bottle, stands, and claps his hands. "Okay, then. I don't know where the ***** I'm going, but I'm sure it's somewhere else. Anyone care to join me?"
Tristan shrugs. "We're here to help you four, I suppose, so lead the way. Who or what are we looking for right now, and why?"
[sblock=OOC]I think Father Serevas is a prime suspect as well, but it's likely he was bought off by someone; perhaps Aleana's family.

Also, I just wanted to point out that Tristan and Mikara only know what Karse just said - namely that he wants some girl's remains and why adventurers interrupted his plans (whatever they were) - and can't draw any conclusions about the backstory and possible suspects because we don't know any of it. Heck, we don't even technically know that he was in love with Aleana. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Tristan and Mikara][sblock=streetwise DC 10]The name Aleana doesn't ring any bells for you, but the surname L'irkash immediately catches your attention. The L'irkash are another of Daunton's Founding Families.

[sblock=DC 15]Unlike most of the founding families, who are content to live off rents from their many properties, the L'irkash are still actively involved in trade. They have fallen on hard luck in recent years, and don't exercise the influence and power they once did, but the name still opens many doors.[/sblock]
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Hacker]As you gather yourself to go out into the late night and look for Father Serevas, you consider what you know about him: He was an alchemist, a cleric of Mireva, who served as a tutor to Aleana L'irkash. That suggests several avenues of investigation: looking for fellow alchemists, inquiring with the church of Mireva, and questioning the L'irkash.

ooc: I'd like to give you more, with a good streetwise roll, but I need something to work with. How is Hacker going about looking for Serevas? Combing the taverns? Randomly shouting his name through the streets (at midnight)?
[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=covaithe]
ooc: I'd like to give you more, with a good streetwise roll, but I need something to work with. How is Hacker going about looking for Serevas? Combing the taverns? Randomly shouting his name through the streets (at midnight)?
By going to the shadiest of all stool-pigeons, a fat dwarf, Orwell Dungwringer, and leaning on him for information. Perhaps breaking a few fingers and setting him on fire. Dungwringer has all ten of his filthy little fingers in the hot meat pies of Daunton society, pustulent pastries filled with deceit, blackmail, gossip, extortion, and innuendo.[/sblock]"Follow me, folks," shouts Hacker from the street, "I just remembered that I know a guy who knows a guy..."

nerdytenor

First Post
OOC: Switching Kathalia-text to brown to avoid confusion

At first, Kathalia appears cheered at the arrival of the two elves, but her smile slowly evaporates as Mikara banters with the others. She attempts to interject during the exchanges of witty verse, but each time she is too slow to come up with a suitable response. Frustrated, she backs into a corner, crosses her arms, and pouts.

"Hrmf," she grunts, hoping someone will notice her mini-tantrum. It doesn't appear that anyone has.

Hacker said:
"Follow me, folks," shouts Hacker from the street, "I just remembered that I know a guy who knows a guy..."

Kathalia quickly heads for the door, making sure she is first.

"He's with me," she says, eying Mikara petulantly.

OOC: I'm finding it awfully convenient how much of an airhead Kathalia can be - gives me a ready excuse when I go incommunicado for days at a time ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases