Adventure: Love Bites

covaithe

Explorer
Karse seems distracted as Woe chatters, Hacker naps, and Kathalia collects dust bunnies. After a few minutes, he announces, "The sun has set. We should be on our way. Come."

He sets off at a brisk pace back the way you came. He pauses in the tunnel where your most recent battle occurred, and scoops up the corspe of the dead goblin, Kraschek. "He may yet prove useful," the vampire comments, slinging the creature over his shoulder and carrying him without apparent effort.

Outside, the night is clear and cool. The last light of twilight quickly fades from the sky as you approach Daunton, but the moon is already high and bright, and the path not so rough as to provide any serious difficulty.

As you approach the city gates, you come across a cemetery, the very one where Kathalia and Hacker were looking for mushrooms when first encountered By Woe and Atreus. As you pass by, a flicker of movement catches your eye; the gleam of moonlight off of the sharp curve of an axe blade.

[sblock=Atreus]That's your cue. The story in your background is pretty much perfect. Figure that all happened just a few minutes ago, and you've just finished looking through the backpack full of gifts, and maybe had some time to ponder what to do next.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc: recruitment]I'd be happy with either Tristan or Mikara or both; I want to make sure you guys are okay with it, though. And, of course, that those guys are interested. There's no rush; the ideas I have for adding PCs don't need to happen right away.[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
A figure stands in the moonlight, wearing a red scarf covering his throat and he is dressed in what seems to be a tattered tunic, matching the one Atreus owns. What startles you is this humans eyes and its skin. His eyes glow with an ghostly red colour, his skin looks unnaturally pale and somehow he resembles Atreus.

He grabs the axe that first caught your attention and approaches the group with caution. " Woe, Kathalia... Hacker is that you ? " he asks, sounding exactly as Atreus " Why have you returned? And who is th... " suddenly shock strikes the imposter and he raises his bloodied axe " Palindrome... How...?" and he looks angrily at Woe " I thought we agreed upon saving Tander. Do you know how much trouble this bast*%& has caused?! " he almost spurts out while taking a closer look at Palindrome.

After a moment of silence passes, he mutters to himself " This is not Palindrome as I remember him. What's going on? Have I really been gone for so long... "

[sblock=OOC]
Yay, I am back in the game !

Covaithe said:
The story in your background is pretty much perfect
Thanks!

Perception Check: 23 to notice differences about the new Palindrome.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'm interested in having Mikara join. Do you want to RP her entry or should I just have her staggering drunkenly through the grave yard after getting thrown out of the Hanged Man ;).[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Oh, no! Mikara and Hacker! This will be bad...

Oh, double no! Mikara and WOE! He's going to hit on her! Aaaaaagh![/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Well, Atriden's blurb did say, and I quote:

We are looking for one or two people, about level 3, and someone whom [BTW this is a bad misuse of grammar] has nothing against the following examples:

- Theft
- Torture
-
Sexual references
-
Dismemberment
- Breaking and entering
- Working with undead's
-
Strong language
- Working with wanted men
-
Paranoia

I rest my case. The tension between Hacker, Woe and Mikara would be perfect for this adventure!

Edit: I hadn't read Hacker's CS until now. Wooooah!

• The meanest, roughest, toughest gnome that ever lived.
  • Hairless. Lacks even eyebrows or eyelashes.
  • Unnaturally pale skin.
  • Sharp features.
  • Broken nose. Pocked and scarred skin. Severe scarring on the left side of his face, possibly from burns, twists his lips into a perpetual sneer and half-closes his left eye.
  • Dresses in black or shades of colors so dark that they could almost be black.
  • Wears the pelt of a badger as a cloak.
  • Talks in a deep, resounding, ponderous baritone.
  • Chain-smoker.
  • If he's not an alcoholic, he's pretty doggone close. Can drink dwarves under the table.
And an 18 Charisma to boot!?

[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC, NT]Speaking of the jealous elf, I can't find her character sheet. Call me crazy, but I like to read up on my parties.[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
“Milked mammary madness on tap!”

Woe whips out his spear and shield while falling into a defensive stance.

“Atreus? What in the rotten infected arse of the Abyss happened to you? I’m not just talking about your fancy new cherry-colored scarf. And I'm not even going to comment on whether it matches your new Shiny Eyes of Sinister Crimson Doom-Light.”

In wake of the recent events his conspiracy-driven mind makes Woe arrive at an inadvertent conclusion, and he circles up close to Merith Karse.

“Turning my friends into your spawn was not part of our deal,” he snarls, shifting his aim between Karse and "Atreus".

“Not to mention redundant. Friends returning as undead abominations is quickly getting old.”

[sblock=Recruiting]Let me just clear my throat here and predict some interaction to come with our potential new recruit...

“Baby, why don’t you Wild Step into my bed and I can be your Quarry all night long.”[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases