Adventure: Love Bites

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the long silence :([/sblock]
When the dwarf surrenders, Tristan sighs and rolls his eyes. "I thought you'd be a little more fun than that, dwarf." Instead he bounds past Woe in pursuit of the gnome, looking and listening intently for any sign of the fleeing fey.
[sblock=Actions]Move: to M2, or something like that.
Minor: Active Perception: 1d20+12=14. Well, that figures :erm:
Standard: sub for move, another 7 squares closer to where the gnome was seen last.

Guess it's up to Atreus or Kathalia then?[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Kathalia moves swiftly after the runaway gnome (OOC - move 8 squares (yes, her speed is 8) west) , trying to spot it with her feral eyes (Perception check 20 . If that spots him she will follow up with some kind of attack, otherwise she will move back toward the others)

Last edited:

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Atreus]Atriden let me know that's he's still out of commission a little longer. :(

I think its perfectly fine to NPC his character until he gets back on track, as he would like to make an effort to catch the gnome but break off if it gets him vastly seperated from the party.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 4

The gnome's escape is short-lived. Mikara's arrows leave enough of a blood trail that Tristan is right on the gnome's heels when it turns down an alley, trips over half of a discarded breastplate, and becomes visible again. Seeing Tristan right on its heels and effortlessly gliding closer, it throws down its bow and squeaks "Ransom!"

End combat

The dwarf, without much more prodding, points you in the direction of the fallen elf's armor, a sturdy cloth tunic embroidered with leaves that, when the wearer moves, seem like they're falling, distracting the eye for what in a fight could be crucial seconds.

[sblock=ooc]Eh, what a kerfuffle. You guys all seem determined to run off in the wrong direction. The gnome went east, not west, failed its stealth check badly, and only turned invisible (i.e., didn't actually move at all) when hit with Mikara's arrows. Thus, you all knew roughly where he was and I figured that in-character, you'd go the right way.

Tristan had enough movement to get adjacent to where he was last seen, and he botched another stealth check, so Tristan would easily be able to Oath him next turn, at which point playing out the chase becomes silly.

The elf has Darkleaf cloth armor +1 on, which is off of Tristan's wishlist.
[/sblock]

[sblock=status after combat]

• Mikara 17/34 hp, 7/7 surges, bloodied
  • Atreus 39/39 hp, 9/9 surges
  • Kathalia 19/36 hp, 9/9 surges, wild shaped
  • Tristan 20/34 hp, 9/9 surges
  • Woe 45/46 hp, 9/11 surges
  • Hacker 24/36 hp, 7/9 surges

Resources Used:
  • Kathalia: Fires of Life
  • Atreus: AP
  • Mikara: AP
  • Hacker: AP
  • Tristan: AP, Luckblade, 1 daily magic item power

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara walks up to the gnome and pulls her arrows from his flesh, wipes them clean on her tunic, mixing his blood with the dried remains of her own, "Wise move small one." She produces a rope from her pack and motions with her finger for the gnome to approach, "Oh come on. I'm not going to hang you with it."

[sblock=OOC]If the gnome agrees to be bound, Mikara proceeds. If not, she reminds him that he's the one who surrendered. If the gnome promises not to run, she just laughs and beckons with her finger again.[/sblock]

After the gnome is bound, she leads him over to where the dwarf is parlaying with Woe. She ties the other end of the rope to one of the hitching posts in front of a nearby building and inspects him for anything valuable.

Going from the human to the elf, she recovers her arrows, pulling one by one, none too gently, and without regard for the flesh-rending sound they make or the sickening jolt caused by the barbs catching on the underside of the skin.

She carefully cleans and inspects each one to determine whether or not any of the spent arrows are worthy of flight [sblock=OOC]Cov, just tell me if this is OK.[/sblock]Looking from the dwarf to the gnome, she addresses Woe.

"Well, should we continue to our former destination unburdened, or should we bother ransoming these two?"

KenHood

First Post
Hacker clears his throat and steps between Woe and Mikara. "I think you meant to address that question to me, little lady."

"Yep, we're going to ransom these here reprobates, which should give us a sizeable nest-egg for investment in a resurrection spell. Then, ole' Woe here is gonna make the big sacrifice for the rest of the party, seein' as we're his bestest ***** buddies, and commit suicide. After that, corpse in hand, we'll take the bounty, resurrect Woe, and divvy up the shares, providin' good ole' Woe with a double portion as he is the one doin' the most unpleasant portion of the proceedings."

Hacker then turns to the gnome and dwarf. "Okay, fellas, tradition dictates that y'all chop off a thumb and give it to us as a sign of good faith in your surrender. We'll be happy to return it after y'all fork over the cash."

covaithe

Explorer
The dwarf recoils in shock at Hacker's suggestion. "What? Thumbs? No way! That's sick! I've already surrendered. I'm no threat to you. Tie me up or something if you think my word isn't good, but there's no reason to cut pieces off of me! No wonder half the city is after you!"

[sblock=ooc HMG]I'm certainly not going to count your arrows. Recovering the hits is fine with me.[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
Hacker shrugs. "Oh, well. No one ever agrees to that, but I'll keep trying. For future reference, do you think you would have been more amenable if I had demanded a finger rather than a thumb?"

"By the way, nobody's after me, per se. They're all after my pal over here."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases