Adventure: Love Bites

KenHood

First Post
Hacker wags his finger at the dwarf. "Sarcasm is a violation of your terms of surrender."

Hacker walks over to the gnome and slaps him upside the head. "And you! What the ***** is wrong with you?! Why are you attacking a fellow brother-gnome? Don't you know the True People--the First, Best Creation of the Gawds-***** Gawds--have to stand together?! I'm Hacker ***** Brass, Hero to Gnome Children Everywhere! You should be ashamed!"

Diplomacy w/ Word of Friendship: 1d20+10+5=25

covaithe

Explorer
The gnome winces, struggling against tight bonds to get a better look. "You're Hacker ***, er, that is, Hacker Brass? No way! I thought you were a legend. I didn't think anyone real could be so... um, that is... It's a pleasure to meet you, sir! Of course I wouldn't have taken this job if I'd known Hacker Brass was in the line of fire."

Dunamin

First Post
Looking from the dwarf to the gnome, she addresses Woe.

"Well, should we continue to our former destination unburdened, or should we bother ransoming these two?"
“Let’s get burdened with the sweet jingle of ransom gold, My-Carer.” Woe winks. “Perhaps we might even come across a few more clueless would-be bounty hunters to cash in along the way.”

"Then, ole' Woe here is gonna make the big sacrifice for the rest of the party, seein' as we're his bestest ***** buddies, and commit suicide. After that, corpse in hand, we'll take the bounty, resurrect Woe, and divvy up the shares, providin' good ole' Woe with a double portion as he is the one doin' the most unpleasant portion of the proceedings."
Intense feelings of déjà vu flashes through Woe’s mind, and a jolt runs through his shield-hand.

Hmm... Frequent rants, obsession with mutilation, and urges to see his allies dead... Perhaps when Karse took a host body, he forced the lingering soul into another vessel?

The fighter considers the parallels for a moment, before brushing it off.

“This must be what barmy barkeep Bernie talked about when I convinced him to drop my tab. "We gnomes are pranksters!" he said. "It’s in our nature!" ... And here I thought it only amounted to trying to slip us watered down ale.”

“Sorry Hack, perhaps another time. So far I’m having too much fun thwarting Fate and boning Karma for their increasingly frequent attempts to off me. More importantly, though: I’m far too sober.”

Following Mikara’s lead, Woe ties up the dwarf. Having noticed that gesturing was critical to its spellcasting prowess, he makes sure that it can’t wag a finger – and that all of those point towards its own groin. When everyone is ready to proceed he leads on towards Jespa’s operations at the docks, occasionally prodding the dwarf with his spear as one would treat cattle.

[sblock=Short Rest?]Woe doesn’t need to spend surges, but I figure most of you would like to.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I could spend some surges, myself. Does anyone have a healing power that can get me up to 34 again. 2 surges put me one shy.[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"You're Hacker.... Of course I wouldn't have taken this job if I'd known Hacker Brass was in the line of fire."
"That's all right, son. Hacker ***** Brass appreciates an honest mistake and an open-hearted apology. (Which I've yet to receive from that *****, Atreus, even though he has gone and done received insights from beyond the Gawds-***** grave.) Tell ya what, after we get this whole ransom thing sorted, how 'bout you go tell all your friends that ole' Hacker's back in town and buddied up with his new friend, the not-so-murderous-as-previously-assumed-by-the-law Woe. Ya might even get an autograph out of it, and I may go so far as to a rendition of my world famous song, 'I Once Killed a Man for Snoring Too Loud.'"

Hacker winks with his good eye.

“Sorry Hack, perhaps another time. So far I’m having too much fun thwarting Fate and boning Karma for their increasingly frequent attempts to off me. More importantly, though: I’m far too sober.”
"I tell you what, kids today ain't got no business sense. Ya gots to take the risk to make the gold, Woe, but ole' Hacker ain't one to beat a dead horse, so I won't go naggin' you 'bout it."

//Hacker's got all those bard healing powers. If we take a short rest, everyone gets a +4 bonus to their healing surges.//

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc: Song of Rest, etc.]
Bard class said:
When you play an instrument or sing during a short rest, you and each ally who can hear you are affected by your Song of Rest.

So, Hacker is singing and/or banjo-ing it up. In the middle of the night, in the quiet residential streets of Daunton, while Woe is walking around with a price on his head. Fair enough.

Are you staying put while resting, or walking toward Jespa's place, during this rest? (I figure you can walk at a normal pace during a short rest, but not hustle or run or whatever.)
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Kathalia watches, still in wolf-form, as the others converse with the mercenaries. She transforms back into an elf, but her vacant expression remains.

"You're Hacker ***, er, that is, Hacker Brass? No way! I thought you were a legend. I didn't think anyone real could be so... um, that is... It's a pleasure to meet you, sir! Of course I wouldn't have taken this job if I'd known Hacker Brass was in the line of fire."

"Smart little gnome, this one. Of course, who wouldn't have heard of Hacker brass?" Kathalia states, apparently expecting someone to answer her rhetorical question. When nobody does, she continues. "I guess this means I won't get to eat him..." She giggles, although it is not entirely clear if she was kidding about the eating part.

nerdytenor

First Post
// Kathalia spends two surges to get to full.

[sblock=Kathalia Stat Block]
Kathalia, Elf Druid 3
Passive Perception 22, Passive Insight 15
AC 19, Fort 14, Reflex 17, Will 17
HP 36/36 Bloodied 18, Surge Value 9, Surges 7/9
Speed 8, Initiative +5
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
elf form

Encounter Resources
Darting Bite
Predator's Flurry
Elven Accuracy (+ feat)
Screaming Hide Armor
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Healing Word
Amulet of Resolution
Fleet Persuit
USED Fires of Life
[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Are you staying put while resting, or walking toward Jespa's place, during this rest? (I figure you can walk at a normal pace during a short rest, but not hustle or run or whatever.)
I'd say we keep walking, at least to put some distance from where we were ambushed.[/sblock]

Remove ads