Adventure: Love Bites

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I'd have been a little surprised if any of you took Jespa's offer, but hey, it's her job. Little salesmanship can't hurt, hey?

Hacker's streetwise check, aided by Woe, turned up two names that might be able to help: "Shaky" Skivean, an alchemist who Woe worked with a while back, and Orwell Dungwringer, a dwarf Hacker knows of who's in the business of collecting and selling random information and gossip. I was under the impression that you were going after Dungwringer first, based on Hacker's "Follow me, I know a guy who knows a guy..."
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Kathalia observes the exchange of banter with a slight smile intended to imply she is following the conversation. In fact, she is considering what local shrubs and roots she will use in her next potion. She follows Hacker as he heads off, her mouth moving visibly as she talks her way through her recipe.

covaithe

Explorer
"All right, maybe next time", Jespa shrugs. She ushers her two customers inside, then pauses and says over her shoulder before closing the door, "Be careful out there, Woe. Lotta big names been askin' about your bounty. I hear the Cutting twins are lookin'. And those nasty kobolds, the Kringshees. I know, I know, you can take care of yourself. Just... watch your back. For old times' sake."

[sblock=streetwise DC 15]The Cutting twins, Francis and Prentiss, are a pair of well known bounty hunters. They work alone, except for an enormous beast they claim is a dog, named Kringus.

The Kringshees are a nearby tribe of Kobolds noted for their fertility. They're mostly peaceful, and their lands are well settled and not particularly dangerous, but small. This leaves them with a perennial excess of young "warriors" with more enthusiasm than experience, who have banded into a series of small, unruly mercenary bands. They're not particularly dangerous individually, but they make up for it with numbers and teamwork. [/sblock]

Orwell Dungwringer is a semi-permanent resident at the Black Rose, a fairly classy inn with a fine restaurant in the well-to-do Inner Harbor area. It's not far away from Jespa's place, and the journey, though tense, is uneventful.

The Black rose is a sprawling building, consisting of a number of additions and extensions on top of the original restaurant, a quaint wood-timbered building with thick watery glass windows. The rooms for guests are mostly in the attached wings, but many of the staff live above the restaurant itself. The large wooden doors to the restaurant itself are locked, and the lights off, but a pair of torches are lit next to the entrance to the residential wing. The door is locked, but a bell-rope dangles next to one of the torches.

Dunamin

First Post
"All right, maybe next time", Jespa shrugs. She ushers her two customers inside, then pauses and says over her shoulder before closing the door, "Be careful out there, Woe. Lotta big names been askin' about your bounty. I hear the Cutting twins are lookin'. And those nasty kobolds, the Kringshees. I know, I know, you can take care of yourself. Just... watch your back. For old times' sake."

[sblock=streetwise DC 15]The Cutting twins, Francis and Prentiss, are a pair of well known bounty hunters. They work alone, except for an enormous beast they claim is a dog, named Kringus.

The Kringshees are a nearby tribe of Kobolds noted for their fertility. They're mostly peaceful, and their lands are well settled and not particularly dangerous, but small. This leaves them with a perennial excess of young "warriors" with more enthusiasm than experience, who have banded into a series of small, unruly mercenary bands. They're not particularly dangerous individually, but they make up for it with numbers and teamwork. [/sblock]
Streetwise 19

“Can’t blame you for trying, Jes, ‘specially given my current... predicament. But you know playing it safe isn’t my style, even if it’s more flip-of-a-coin-like survival these days. Besides, don’t know if I could let money come between us – that would mix up my priorities and Woe ain’t the kind to pay harbour girls for services.”

Woe grins and puts up his hands before Jespa can react to show that he’s kidding.

“Thanks for the heads up, Jes, I’ll keep my wits within the framework of relative sobriety. Best of luck with the business.”

Dunamin

First Post
The Black rose is a sprawling building, consisting of a number of additions and extensions on top of the original restaurant, a quaint wood-timbered building with thick watery glass windows. The rooms for guests are mostly in the attached wings, but many of the staff live above the restaurant itself. The large wooden doors to the restaurant itself are locked, and the lights off, but a pair of torches are lit next to the entrance to the residential wing. The door is locked, but a bell-rope dangles next to one of the torches.
Hacker jumps for the bell rope, but it is sadly out of his reach.
“Friend, height discrimination is a crying shame.”

Woe plays with the bell-rope for a little while, parodying the dramatic fanfare used to announce Daunton’s elite guard.

covaithe

Explorer
Only a few moments after Woe pulls the rope, the door unlocks and a neatly dressed half-orc with gray hair and yellowed tusks opens the door. "Good evening, gentlefolk. How may I be of service to you?"

KenHood

First Post
"Oooh, yeah. Hey, who would have guessed they'd have a big ***** for a ****** doorman? *****! Listen, *****, the world wasn't just made for ***** neanderthals over four-*****-feet in height! Show some Gawds-***** re-*****-spect for the little guys who were treading the ****** earth before you clod-hopping slack-jaws were even a twinkle in the ***** Gawds' eyes."

Remove ads