Adventure: Love Bites

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Oh ***** that *****. ***** wants some ***** dragon, then he can ***** pay cash on the Gawds-***** barrelhead just like every-*****-body else."
"Of course. I didn't mean to suggest we just give them to him." Tristan shrugs. "Dragon parts are rare, so the fact that we're offering to sell them to him specifically should make him act more helpful."
[sblock=OOC]About the extended rest - I'm in favor. Even if the rest of us aren't as bad off as Mikara, I prefer to keep the whole party alive ;)[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Extended Rest]It seems like a reasonable time for it, and I've heard three in favor, so I'll proceed on that assumption. Are you taking any particular precautions, given that it's not long after sunrise, in a flat, open area several miles outside Daunton?

Working on an XP award. :)[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=XP award]

Encounter 1: Bounty hunters
  • Human: Elite Soldier 4 (leader), 350 xp
  • Dwarf: controller 5, 200 xp
  • Elf: artillery 4 (leader), 175 xp
  • Hobgoblin: Lurker 5, 200 xp
  • Gnome: artillery 4, 175 xp
Total 1100, doubled to 2200 xp = 367 each

Encounter 2: Young Gray Dragon: Solo Soldier 5 (1000 xp)
Doubled to 2000 xp = 333 each

DM's prerogative, for good roleplaying and generally amusing the heck out of me: 100 xp each.

Time XP:
  • Woe: 4 months at level 3 (18 Oct 2009 to 18 Feb 2010): 500 xp, 508g
  • Hacker and Kathalia: 4 months at level 3 (9 Nov 2009 to 9 Mar 2010): 500 xp, 508g
  • Atreus: 5 months at level 3 (1 Oct 2009 to 1 Mar 2010): 625 xp, 635g
  • Mikara: 3 months at level 3 (14 Dec 2009 to 14 Feb 2010): 375 xp, 381g
  • Tristan: 3 months at level 2 (14 Dec 2009 to 14 Feb 2010): 312 xp, 267g

Totals:
  • Woe, Hacker, Kathalia: 1300 xp, 508g
  • Atreus: 1425 xp, 635g
  • Mikara: 1175 xp, 381g
  • Tristan: 1112 xp, 267g

By my count, that leaves Atreus just short, but everyone else gains a level.

[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
The assassin moves over to Woe and claps him on the shoulder " Nice finishing touch on the dragon "
“Thanks! I had actually planned to go for a head-lock neck-snap sort of finisher – you know, less clean-up and to preserve the hide better. ”

Woe turns to the dragon corpse and frames a picture with his hands.

“Guess I got carried away a bit, though. I blame booze withdrawal.”

"You know, I'm a pretty good tracker too."
Woe gives Tristan a friendly elbow-nudge.

“Oh, I’m sure you’re the best bloody bloodhound in the local boy-scout branch. Probably got your own Hunter certificate, Forest Friend badge, and everything.”

“All I’m saying is that the little lady most definitely should take the lead... I’ve noticed that it makes for a great view!”

Just in case Mikara has regained consciousness, strength, and has a temper, Woe leans out of her slapping range.

[sblock=Trophies]Woo, finally level 4! :) Nothing goes better with that and dragonslaying, than raiding a good treasure hoard!

While we’re preparing raw dragon-part stocks, Woe’ll set aside a few personal trophies. This includes a trademark gray dragon fang to hang around his neck and one to latter be fashioned into a dagger.

Also, Woe’ll spend a surge to heal to full during the initial short rest. [/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
When the scavenging is completed, Atreus likewise takes a piece of tooth from the dragon as a trophy.

" I suggest it will be better to make camp somewhere close and then search for the dragons lair or return to the city in the morning ". Atreus lifts his share of the booty and starts moving to what's seems to be a good location to set camp.

[sblock=OOC]
Do I need to roll saves to end the ongoing damage? I will eventually end the effect but just to make sure, here is a couple: .

I'll spend 2 surges and that brings him up to 38 with hackers song of rest.
[/sblock]

[sblock=XP]
Yay XP :D! Too bad I am short 75 xp's :(...

Is it possible to get those last 75 xp's in advance to level up? If not it is totally fine, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask ;)
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Judge on Aisle eight, please...]
Yay XP :D! Too bad I am short 75 xp's :(...

Is it possible to get those last 75 xp's in advance to level up? If not it is totally fine, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask ;)

I think that's pretty reasonable. 75 xp is 3/5 of one month's time xp for a 3rd level character, which is 18.5 days (in March). It's the 11th, so we're effectively forwarding him 8 days worth of time xp.

But, I'm not sure that's the sort of thing I want DMs doing in this forum, without input/approval from their judge. So, how about it? Ok with you?

[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
//Might as well camp next to the dragon's corpse and paint a sign in fresh dragon blood that says, "We killed this!"

Also, let's double-up on the guards: 3 pairs in two hour shifts--one high perception character with a low perception character. Hacker can take the first shift since he needs to make the music.//

Hacker chops the horns off the dragon and starts carving a drinking horn and a musical horn.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
[sblock=XP award]

Encounter 1: Bounty hunters
  • Human: Elite Soldier 4 (leader), 350 xp
  • Dwarf: controller 5, 200 xp
  • Elf: artillery 4 (leader), 175 xp
  • Hobgoblin: Lurker 5, 200 xp
  • Gnome: artillery 4, 175 xp
Total 1100, doubled to 2200 xp = 367 each

Encounter 2: Young Gray Dragon: Solo Soldier 5 (1000 xp)
Doubled to 2000 xp = 333 each

DM's prerogative, for good roleplaying and generally amusing the heck out of me: 100 xp each.

Time XP:
  • Woe: 4 months at level 3 (18 Oct 2009 to 18 Feb 2010): 500 xp, 508g
  • Hacker and Kathalia: 4 months at level 3 (9 Nov 2009 to 9 Mar 2010): 500 xp, 508g
  • Atreus: 5 months at level 3 (1 Oct 2009 to 1 Mar 2010): 625 xp, 635g
  • Mikara: 3 months at level 3 (14 Dec 2009 to 14 Feb 2010): 375 xp, 381g
  • Tristan: 3 months at level 2 (14 Dec 2009 to 14 Feb 2010): 312 xp, 267g

Totals:
  • Woe, Hacker, Kathalia: 1300 xp, 508g
  • Atreus: 1425 xp, 635g
  • Mikara: 1175 xp, 381g
  • Tristan: 1112 xp, 267g

By my count, that leaves Atreus just short, but everyone else gains a level.

[/sblock]

XP Approved!

[sblock=Judge on Aisle eight, please...]

I think that's pretty reasonable. 75 xp is 3/5 of one month's time xp for a 3rd level character, which is 18.5 days (in March). It's the 11th, so we're effectively forwarding him 8 days worth of time xp.

But, I'm not sure that's the sort of thing I want DMs doing in this forum, without input/approval from their judge. So, how about it? Ok with you?

[/sblock]

I am okay with this. Forwarding 8 days of time XP so Atriden doesn't have to wait a couple months to level up is reasonable to me.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Super magical princess Atreus XP award]Atreus gets time XP from 1 March 2010 to 20 March 2010: 19/31 * 125 = 77 xp, and he goes to level 4.
[/sblock]

Remove ads