Adventure: Love Bites

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Tristan just rolls his eyes at Woe's remarks about Mikara, though a smile does find its way onto his face. [sblock=OOC]Whee, level 3! And halfway to level 4, too.

About camping - Tristan would feel more comfortable with some trees or other shelter around, but posting a sign over a dragon corpse that says we killed it should be a pretty effective countermeasure ;) Especially since it's an open field and daytime, so it would be visible for some distance. I figure Kathalia would probably kill to take watch with Hacker, so Tristan will take the high-perception middle watch spot.

About trophies - I think Tristan will take a tooth to put on a necklace, as well as a couple talons. Oh heck, and another tooth to make into a dagger >.>

Also, I think we should decapitate the dragon and bring the head. Throwing dragon heads around is fun :) May not have quite the same effect with horns and teeth removed, but I'm sure we can find a good taxidermist in Daunton who can make prosthetics ;)[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
Hacker, up to his elbows in blood, pauses in the midst of removing the dragon's brain. "Wait. You wanted to keep the head?"

Hacker looks down at the sawed open skull, with its empty eye-sockets. Its cheeks have been tossed in a pot to make stew. All usable skin has been flayed for later tanning. Massive chunks have been shattered from the bone to make the teeth easier to remove.

"Uh..."

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Lord Sessadore said:
Also, I think we should decapitate the dragon and bring the head. Throwing dragon heads around is fun :) May not have quite the same effect with horns and teeth removed, but I'm sure we can find a good taxidermist in Daunton who can make prosthetics ;)
Kenhood said:
Hacker, up to his elbows in blood, pauses in the midst of removing the dragon's brain. "Wait. You wanted to keep the head?"

Hacker looks down at the sawed open skull, with its empty eye-sockets. Its cheeks have been tossed in a pot to make stew. All usable skin has been flayed for later tanning. Massive chunks have been shattered from the bone to make the teeth easier to remove.

"Uh..."

Perhaps there is a really, really, really ,really good taxidermist in town ;)

[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
I figure Kathalia would probably kill to take watch with Hacker, so Tristan will take the high-perception middle watch spot.
When the avenger makes his suggestion, Woe is quick to capitalize.

“Excellent idea, then Atreus can join you for the second shift! Yes, this setup will doubtlessly be the most optimal distribution of our resources and individual, uh... "talents".”

I think Tristan will take a tooth to put on a necklace, as well as a couple talons. Oh heck, and another tooth to make into a dagger
Woe watches Tristan follow his lead with a sense of déjà vu.

“Ah, but of course – united by dental decoration! We should definitely have membership tokens for our very own little exclusive Dragonslayer Club. Three cheers for its foundation!”

“Now, if only I could add that golden tusk to my collection...”

Later on, once all the butchering, processing, and conservation of various dragon parts is done, Woe brings up another idea he’s been brewing on.

“Hmm... you know, it might not be prudent to go after Dungwringer right off the bat, fellas.

“Bear with me on this one. That sucker sent us out here to what he clearly believed would be our certain doom. This means that anyone following our trail runs into the same conclusion at Dung – hell, they can’t even send a team to investigate without risking ending up as dragon droppings.”

“If word spreads that I’m dead, we’ll spend less time being slowed down by the Cutting Twins, the Kringshees, and whoever else is looking to nail that contract. Instead, we could move on Shaky Skivean for information on Father Serevas and follow other leads.”

Woe chews on a piece of dragon-cheek, washing it down with a gulp from one of his hipflasks.

“Not that I’m one to prioritize prudence over fun. Hell, we should just cash in on any bounty hunters that might be up to shenanigans. Just consider it food for thought.”

KenHood

First Post
"How 'bout this? We murder Dungwringer, but make it look like a suicide. He writes a note talking about how he regrets sending a valiant bunch of heroes to their dooms, then hangs himself. Everybody wins."

Atriden

First Post
While picking up some of the things lost during the fight, Atreus ponders on Woe's and Hacker's words " I care not if we visit Dungbringer first or later. Either way, his time is certainly up... but it wouldn't hurt to hear what the word is on the street. If there is news of Woe's death, we could use it to our advantage. If not, we might as well visit him first, to prevent him from escaping our grasp "

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara finally wakes up after sleeping and healing. For some reason, her chest hurts more than normal, and she's sure it's not due to some medical procedure. The pain is a liiiiittle too far to the left and right of the heart.

She reaches for her quiver and grabs two arrows. With the head of one, she writes on the shaft of the other:
Untitled-1.png
I'm sure this won't be the first shaft to have gone where this is headed.

She allows herself a satisfied smile.

Remove ads