Adventure: Love Bites

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Expanding the weaponry]Mr. DM Man, would it be alright for Woe to use one of the dragon's bones as a mace? I can subtract the corresponding gold amount, if need be.

The mental image of Woe smacking people upside the head with a dragon femur keeps playing on my mind.[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
" Ain't that right, Kathy?"

Kathalia gives a big thumbs up and then claps.

"Just so you know," Kathalia says, "nobody else calls me Kathy. Unless you want to see me get just a leeeetle bit bitey." She holds her hands out and makes a few pawing motions, performing a remarkably poor imitation of her wolf-form.

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
"Hacker Brass is a married man, you ***** pervert!"

At this Kathalia puts her hands behind her back, looks in a far-off direction, and whistles.

"Say," she says, and for once it appears that a thought has actually appeared inside her head. "Does anybody know a good fletcher around these parts? I loooove me some magic arrows and I'm fresh out."

// Shopping trip might have to wait, but I would like K to buy some magic ammo at some point - will help round out her controllery-bits

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Yeah, yeah. Silence implies approval. You should treat ladies with more respect...unless they're *****, *****, idiots, or hookers. You don't see ole' Hacker runnin' around blatherin' on about *****, *****, *****, and *****. Nah, you don't. That's because I'm the Gawds-***** para-*****-gon of good taste and proper behavior. Ain't that right, Kathy?"
Tristan shrugs indifferently, as he looks for more evidence of the dragon's trail. "It's not as though there's anything I could say that would change how he acts. Why waste my breath?"

After Kathalia's comment, Tristan mutters under his breath, "Note to self: next time we're in trouble, tell her whoever we're fighting called her Kathy."

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Expanding the weaponry]
Mr. DM Man, would it be alright for Woe to use one of the dragon's bones as a mace? I can subtract the corresponding gold amount, if need be.

The mental image of Woe smacking people upside the head with a dragon femur keeps playing on my mind.

That's fine with me. I won't begrudge you the 5g.

[/sblock]

Tristan casts about uncertainly, looking for some indication of where the dragon came from, but mostly ends up staring eastward with a frown. Mikara, however, notices that in the areas where the dragon's breath blasted (and didn't land on someone's body) the sand that it came in contact with has fused into little black balls of melted sand that look almost like rabbit droppings. Casting around, she spots several more of these on the hill that the dragon flew over on its way to the fight.

[sblock=Skill challenge! Find the dragon's hoard]Status: 1 success, 1 failure. Hacker, Woe, Atreus, and Kathalia are up.

Primary skills: nature, perception, dungeoneering
Secondary skills: anything else, within reason. DCs are based on how appropriate I think the skill use is, and how well it's roleplayed.

I hope I don't need to spell out the consequences of success and failure. ;)

Oh, and anyone who improperly uses the word "horde" in reference to the dragon's treasure trove takes a -2 to their check, gets a free trip to dictionary.com, and has to wash Woe's dirty socks.
[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Horror]
Oh yeah. Oh I'm gonna love this skill challenge. Mmm-hmm. Damn straight. Alright. Woohoo... :rant:

Is there anything we're using this dragon for? ;)
It was worthless in life. Woe'll make it marginally more useful in death.

Oh, and anyone who improperly uses the word "horde" in reference to the dragon's treasure trove takes a -2 to their check, gets a free trip to dictionary.com, and has to wash Woe's dirty socks.
And they've been drenched in flesh golem juices, sewage, and dragon blood, since the last change.[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Oh yeah. Oh I'm gonna love this skill challenge. Mmm-hmm. Damn straight. Alright. Woohoo... :rant:
Ditto! I don't have any hot-shot skills in that trio. Guess we're stuck with Aid Another.[/sblock]

"You know, based on the flavor of that ***** dragon, I'd say that he's been eating a *****-load of subterranean fungii to supplement its diet and was drinking water with a high mineral content. Reckon we should keep our eyes out for a cave away from visible water sources." -- Aid Another (Dungeoneering): 1d20+6=17

nerdytenor

First Post
"You know, based on the flavor of that ***** dragon, I'd say that he's been eating a *****-load of subterranean fungii to supplement its diet"

"Oooh, mushrooms! Nobody knows mushrooms like Kathalia. Well, except maybe Mother, but she always liked those funny-tasting green puffballs, and I never much liked that. But she said they were good for you. I prefer the pale-ochre ones myself, but then they're rarely in season, and I always worry I might pick a poisonous look-alike and then.."

Kathalia drones on. And on. And on. But it does appear that she knows what she's talking about, and before long, she has a good idea where she might find some relevant species (Nature 31)

Last edited:

Atriden

First Post
Atreus, up until now, has been awfully quiet, more than usual and is clearly disturbed by something but does not look like one that wants to talk about it. Nonetheless he tries to aid the group but it only results in getting in Mikara's way.

Perception Check: 17 - Sorry guys, I think I am with Kenhood and Dunamin on this one, sticking to aid another rolls from now on ;).

Remove ads