Adventure: Love Bites

Atriden

First Post
Kenhood said:
"Gawds-*****! You ***** idiot! Do you have to work at incompetence, or does it come to you naturally?! This is a dragon's hoard, *****! Get your ***** head out of your *****, and don't ***** this up for the rest of us!"
Atreus doesn't even dignify Hacker an response, but does change his brooding attitude into a less brooding attitude when Woe helps him out.

Along the way he notices a few things that might be worthy of the groups attention and alerts the trackers from time to time.

Aid another on the next perception check: Got 18, so that's a +2 bonus to the next roll.

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
Kathalia pads over to where Atreus has stopped. She starts sniffing him. At first her inhalations are slow and tentative, but then she really gets into it, pawing and padding him gently to elicit more smells. She seems strangely fascinated with the olfactory-side of his transformation.

Then, it occurs to the elf-wolf that Atreus might be on to something relating to their search. She pauses mid-sniff, her head held high in the air, and then continues her sniffing (Perception 18)

Last edited:

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=To nerdytenor]
seems like you forgot the +2 bonus from woe and atreus, so your perception check should be 22 :)
[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Perception]1d20+12+2 = 26[/sblock]Mikara just shakes her head at Woe's analysis.

Well, he's half right.... That clue is full of s#!t.

"Woe, it's not a nipple. It's a nose.... Guess your not as much of a ladies man as you say, if you can't tell that."
she almost snorts as she giggles, "The rest of it, however, is right on target."
“Well, there was this one girl I knew who had spent just a day too long on a plane-hopping trip to the Far Realm. It scrambled her senses around once in a while, so for a week she could smell a single-malt whisky through her corset!”

Woe laughs at the memory, as they close in on the rocky outcropping that Tristan pointed out.

“Don’t get me started on the other senses, doll. Imagine the distraction of listening through your feet while you’re running!”

[sblock=Status]
seems like you forgot the +2 bonus from woe and atreus, so your perception check should be 22 :)
Mikara used Woe’s bonus, so Kathalia would just use Atreus. In any case, I think we’re up to 8 successes and 2 failures, so we might’ve bagged the challenge at this point.

What’s the status, Cov?[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Kathalia gets a good noseful of whatever Atreus stepped in, and leads the way onward. Mikara and Tristan keep sharp eyes out, and spot a likely-looking set of rock outcroppings, riddled with small holes, some of which must surely lead to caves. As you approach, Hacker concentrates, and, sure enough, one of the entrances exudes magic.

There are several distinct faint auras, pinpoints of color against a backdrop of muddy brown: the pervasive, low-level aura caused by the continuous presence over a long period of time of a highly magical creature. There can be little doubt; this is the dragon's hoard.

Entering the cave cautiously, you find a sight to warm the heart of any adventurer: a tall pile of golden coins, liberally sprinkled with precious and semiprecious gemstones, and garnished with a number of magic items.

There is a tall bow of varnished black wood, inlaid with arcane runes of strength and accuracy, which practically leaps into Mikara's hand. Near it is a cloak of dark gray wool with a very faint odor of blood, underneath which are a pair of black leather bracers, inlaid with iron bands on which are inscribed words of power. On the other side of the pile is a fine set of hide armor, trimmed with the claws of a dozen species of predator, cut to fit a woman's slender form. Near it are a matched pair of boots and gloves of white suede festooned with a dazzling array of sequins, rhinestones, and polished gemstones. Finally, near the center of the pile is a scrap of reddish leathery hide, smelling faintly of sulfur. Inscribed on the hide is a tattoo in faintly glowing green ink, of an unfamiliar but disturbing symbol. When touched, the hide reacts, trying to grow into the skin. Pulling it away is painful, leaving a bleeding welt at the edges of where it touched.

[sblock=Success! And, loot!]Success on the skill challenge. Here's the rundown on the loot.

The cash is your recently-awarded time gold, plus 800g that's intended for Tristan, since he didn't have a wishlist handy at the time I was putting the treasure together.

The bow is a Targeting Greatbow +2, intended for Mikara.

Iron armbands of power (heroic) and a cloak of the walking wounded +1, off of Atreus' list.

For Kathalia, Predator Hide Armor +2.

For Hacker, Resplendent boots and resplendent gloves.

For Woe, a demonskin tattoo.

I know these aren't quite even awards, but it turns out your current wealth levels are pretty widely varying, too. This evens things out a bit.
[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
[sblock=success! And, loot!]success on the skill challenge. Here's the rundown on the loot.

The cash is your recently-awarded time gold, plus 800g that's intended for tristan, since he didn't have a wishlist handy at the time i was putting the treasure together.

The bow is a targeting greatbow +2, intended for mikara.

Iron armbands of power (heroic) and a cloak of the walking wounded +1, off of atreus' list.

For kathalia, predator hide armor +2.

For hacker, resplendent boots and resplendent gloves.

For woe, a demonskin tattoo.

I know these aren't quite even awards, but it turns out your current wealth levels are pretty widely varying, too. This evens things out a bit.
[/sblock]

Loot Approved!

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Here's the 'careful what you wish for' adage coming back to bite me. I don't think Mikara has taken the proficiency feat for the greatbow yet :p. Oh well. She can wait.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]OK. Changed my 4th level feat to Greatbow proficiency. I hope it's alright with you, Cov, if I go ahead and play at fourth level pending my approval. The only sticking point might be that I'm holding out until April 15th so that I can pick up Agile Recovery (PHB3) to replace Yield Ground. I can wait on that if you'd prefer.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads