Adventure: Love Bites

covaithe

Explorer
"Er... Ah, um... That is..." Skivean's eyes silently beg for someone to say something sensible.

[sblock=ooc]Are you guys waiting on me? I didn't miss a post again, did I?[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara sits on the broken stoop and picks around at the scorched earth beside the bottom step. Pity. Such a waste. They should be locking this guy up instead of Woe.[sblock=OOC]Sorry. Just following waiting for Woe and Hacker to finish bartering with the dragon brains[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
."I'd love to buy them all, but, well, I'm afraid, times being what they are, that, uh.... Well, the thing is... I am slightly short on hard cash at the moment. Too many breakages," he admits with what he probably expects to be rueful candor.
"Well that's just ****ing great! We risked our Gawds ***ned lives to come all this way and give you first choice. Now you're trying to haggle us down on these fresh, premium products. You've got to be ****ing kidding! What the **** do you expect us to do now, just carry these caustic things around town until they spoil!? Pee or get of the hole! They're not ****ing free! You want to know how ****ing hard times can get!? Try killing your own ****ing dragon! Then times'll get hard REAL ****ing fast...!"

Hacker continues to rant at the old man's bellybutton unable to believe that an alchemist of this caliber doesn't want to pay top dollar for his hard work. As he rants, he searches his tiny mind for the name of that other guy who often manages to underbid Serevas on important projects yet manages to cough up the cash for the best stuff. Leverage. Yeah! ****ing leverage!. [sblock=OOC]Streetwise = 1d20+11=22

I just figured, since no one is taking up Hacker that I'd push along. I'm not applying for the job of continuing him, but if no one else will, I'm too interested in this story just to let it stall :).[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Yeah!" Tristan pipes in, whirling suddenly to face the alchemist. "You better pay up and tell us whatever else we want to know! Or else we're going to give you a taste of your own medicine ... er ... alchemy, and let you in on how these trees ... um ... what were once trees ... feel!"

Unfortunately, the elf is more used to letting his sword do the threatening, and fails to exactly convey the meaning of his threat. And the pauses and 'ums' don't help. Also, the fact that he's already told the group what they wanted to know. But at least he looks angry ... I should really leave the talking to those city people, he thinks.
[sblock=OOC]Intimidate (1d20+1=3). I felt like going out on a limb and trying, lol :)

Can't be much worse than Kath, at least :p[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Kathalia by this time has shaken off the effects of whatever it is she ingested on her way over here.

"Sorry to hear you don't have enough shiny gold thingies to buy our dragon bits. 'tis a shame, really. I guess we'll just have to eat it. I have all manner of recipe for the different pieces. And we can take leftovers to one of the orphanages in town. Think of the children! Their smiling faces!

That is, unless you have something else for us.
"

(Bluff 21)

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: As you may have read elsewhere, I'm less than a week away from an intercontinental move. Stress levels are rising fast, so I'm going to put this game on hold (officially, as opposed to the unofficial stasis of the last week) for the next two weeks.

I know KenHood has posted that he's on a hiatus, but I've also not heard from Dunamin or Atriden for a while. If you guys see this and could post an "I'm still here", that would be cool. Otherwise, I'll try to chase you down after my move.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I'm in Michigan now, right smack in the middle of North America.

Right, well, I'm back as close as I'm going to get to normal status, so it's time to get this thing running again. KenHood has been spotted posting recently in his game; are you back with us here too, Ken? Dunamin and Atriden are still MIA; I've sent them PMs. Hopefully they'll come back, but if not... We can do without Atreus, both balance and plot-wise, but we kind of need Woe, at least for the moment. I'll NPC him for a while, and look into a plot change if it looks like he's going to stay missing for a while.

Let's finish up with Skivean, eh?
[/sblock]

"Shaky" Skivean looks incredulously at Kathalia as she blithely threatens to feed the poisonous dragon parts to orphans unless he coughs up some cash. "But... I thought... You said you wanted information! I told you everything I know! I thought we had a deal? Can't you just... I mean, I really don't have any money. I could, uh, give you some potions for them, but... Well, that is, sometimes they... Well, there are... side effects, sometimes. But not all the time! Usually, they work just fine! And usually it wears off pretty soon, if... Well, you know. But... If anything goes wrong, I don't want you thinking I did it on purpose, y'know?"

[sblock=insight DC 15]You get the idea that Skivean might not be a terribly good alchemist. [/sblock]

He looks forlornly at the dragon parts, as if mentally saying goodbye to them.

Remove ads