Adventure: Love Bites

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Covaithe and Mikara]Tristan sighs. He lays his face in his hand for a moment. "Cities! Why did I ever come here? Lady, I pray you have a purpose for me here," the elf mumbles into his hand. He looks up at Gunter, trying to see whether the offer is truly a choice, or whether they're being conscripted. Coming up at a loss, he sighs again.

"So you merely want us to find wanted men who've managed to avoid being found, then keep them safe and clear their names? Haha! Such a simple task," he says, sarcasm dripping from the last sentence. "Just how much of a choice are you giving us? I'd ask you to forgive me for my lack of trust, but I really don't care. I have no use for cities or the people that choose to live in them, and my time here hasn't changed that opinion."

Tristan takes a breath and thinks for a moment. "Actually, I don't care if it's a choice or not. Even if I can't get out of this city," he practically spits the word, "at least I'll have something to do." A slow smile spreads across his face, one that doesn't look particularly friendly. Mikara recognizes it from some of their recent battles - the grin of a predator with a quarry. "Besides, it seems that these men know how to find excitement. And getting under the skin of some high-and-mighty city scum could be ... fun."
[sblock=OOC]Just find the sociopaths, get the 'real' story from them, keep the party with the highest PC death rate alive, and keep them from being the :):):):) disturbers they are.

Oh yeah, and somehow turn Vamp-indrome's schemes into heroism like "saving a maiden from a dragon or something".

It'll be a cakewalk, I'm sure. :p[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Covaithe & Lord Sessadore]Mikara starts to giggle and laugh, looking at Tristan every now and then with an expression that says, 'This guy can't be serious.' Then turning to the man with the bulging bag of coins, her face loses any trace of her former inebriated state.

"And I suppose this purse is an advance?
If not, you'll find it hard to make me dance.
To keep these boys from harm is no large task,
but if they are to wear innocent masks,
the paper of the guise would be so thin,
that Daunton's love would be quite hard to win."

Mikara smiles again, looking at Tristan.

"It seems that we are prey once more, my friend of two days."

Then she turns back to the man with the money,

"...and where can we find a dragon in Daunton? Don't worry. Tristan and I are quite good at arranging disasters. It's the saving part that I'm afraid will be up to the others. I'm not sure I'd like to be around to see how that turns out."[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Many apologies! I forgot to put this in a spoiler *stupid* *stupid* *STUPID* [/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
"BOOOORING!" shouts Hacker.

"Whoops! Did I say that out loud, because I was going to think that quietly to myself? Must be a side-effect of vampire mind-control. I hear that Tourette's Syndrome can occur when you get soul-tendril zapped too hard."

Karse frowns. "Truly? That seems... implausible. Still, it would explain much about Kraschek's personality. I shall have to test this theory more at a later date. For now, try to contain yourself."

Turning to Atreus he says, "As you have surmised, I am not Palindrome. I am, as you are, no longer of the living. My tale is long, as your frie-- erstwhile companions will no doubt attest, and best not retold here on the open road where we may be discovered at any moment. When we are safely in Doddoddod's tower, you may question me to your heart's content, but for now, may we proceed? You mentioned the sewers. The fading memories that remained in this body when I took it indicated no entrance from the sewers to the tower, but they were incomplete at best. Is there such an entrance?"

[sblock=Woe]In fact, there is such an entrance, well concealed by an illusion. Thinking of it causes you to remember certain rather unpleasant episodes wherein Doddoddod sent you and Palindrome into the sewers on various errands. Painful memories, really. It's no wonder that Palindrome would have suppressed them.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Tristan and Mikara]Brunt rubs at his eyes with one hand. "Now, let's not jump to any conclusions. These men may actually be innocent, for all we know. I'm sure there's something Glasston's not telling us; there always is." He doesn't quite sound like he actually believes the former statement, but is much more confident of the latter.

"Of course you have a choice. You can walk back out of here and back to the Hanged Man and go back to drinking yourself sick. I promise I won't put a price on your head. As for further payment," he glares at Mikara, "That will depend on how well you do your job, won't it? And please don't go around causing disasters in the hope that this bunch of misfits will save the day. I'm trying to protect this city, remember? Besides, doing something like that would just prove Glasston's crowd right about adventurers."

He leans back in his chair. "Anything else? You might start with that wizard, Doddoddod. One of them was his apprentice, and the rest were in his employ at one point or another. Besides, he's a wizard. Maybe he can wiggle his fingers and find them, or something."

[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"Truly? That seems... implausible. Still, it would explain much about Kraschek's personality."
"It's uncommon, but the effect is inversely proportional to the brain-mass of the subject, so a lil' fella, like myself is more likely to become--shall we say--unpleasant, as a side effect. I mean, really, how often do vampire's mind-control little folk? Most of the time, y'all are using the old domination on the ladies, if ya know what I mean, and I think you do."

"For now, try to contain yourself."
"Will do, pig*****!"

"Whoops! Sorry!"

Turning to Atreus he says, "My tale is long, as your frie-- erstwhile companions will no doubt attest..."
"Oh, ****, yeah. Seriously, if brevity is the soul of wit, our master must suffer from profound mental retardation."

"Whoops! There it goes again!"

Dunamin

First Post
"And one more thing, I wouldn't recommend going in through Doddoddod's front door. The wizards tower is most likely guarded or watched. Perhaps we can enter by other means, perhaps through the sewers?
"You mentioned the sewers. The fading memories that remained in this body when I took it indicated no entrance from the sewers to the tower, but they were incomplete at best. Is there such an entrance?"

[sblock=Woe]In fact, there is such an entrance, well concealed by an illusion. Thinking of it causes you to remember certain rather unpleasant episodes wherein Doddoddod sent you and Palindrome into the sewers on various errands. Painful memories, really. It's no wonder that Palindrome would have suppressed them.[/sblock]
Woe sighs and his shield hand twitches a few times in agonizing memory.

“Leave that to me, deaders. I’ll get us inside and sate your urges to walk through filth, trash, and worse.”

“Just don’t say I didn’t warn you, sternly and balefully.”
The warrior points at them with the ominous look of one who has seen (and smelled) true horror. “While there is such a way of getting us into the tower and the entrance is truly inconspicuous, the smell inside is not. You have to remember which bowels taint this piping section and the scale of epic gluttony that man indulges in. I’ve had the unfortunate displeasure of working long enough for Doddoddod the Gravy Elemental to know that he has some severe digestive problems.”

Woe massages his now painfully spasming hand.

“You Have Been Warned.”

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Covaithe and Mikara][sblock=OOC]Yeah, Tristan was sort of all over the place in that first post. He was going a little stir crazy, haha. ;)[/sblock]
Mikara starts to giggle and laugh, looking at Tristan every now and then with an expression that says, 'This guy can't be serious.'
Tristan glances at his laughing companion with a little scowl, but seems to settle down somewhat, no longer changing his position every 3 seconds.

Mikara smiles again, looking at Tristan.

"It seems that we are prey once more, my friend of two days."
"Oh, I don't plan on being prey again. Even if these adventurers do have bounty hunters after them, neither knows about us. I'd rather think we become the hunters of the hunters, not prey with the prey." Tristan keeps smiling wolfishly, a mischievous glint in his eye.

And please don't go around causing disasters in the hope that this bunch of misfits will save the day. I'm trying to protect this city, remember? Besides, doing something like that would just prove Glasston's crowd right about adventurers."
Tristan looks like he's about to say something, but apparently decides to keep it to himself. The cold smile lingers on his lips.

He leans back in his chair. "Anything else? You might start with that wizard, Doddoddod. One of them was his apprentice, and the rest were in his employ at one point or another. Besides, he's a wizard. Maybe he can wiggle his fingers and find them, or something."
Tristan raises an eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. But that's beside the point; the wizard should be as good a starting point as any other." He turns to Mikara. "Do you have any other questions for Mr. Mayor here?" His tone indicates that he doesn't.[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
Covaithe said:
Turning to Atreus he says, "As you have surmised, I am not Palindrome. I am, as you are, no longer of the living.
Kenhood said:
BOOOORING!" shouts Hacker.
"Whoops! Did I say that out loud, because I was going to think that quietly to myself? Must be a side-effect of vampire mind-control. I hear that Tourette's Syndrome can occur when you get soul-tendril zapped too hard."
Atreus takes a second look at Karse " A vampire " he mumbles to himself.

Covaithe said:
My tale is long, as your frie-- erstwhile companions will no doubt attest, and best not retold here on the open road where we may be discovered at any moment. When we are safely in Doddoddod's tower, you may question me to your heart's content, but for now, may we proceed?
Dunamin said:
Woe sighs and his shield hand twitches a few times in agonizing memory.

“Leave that to me, deaders. I’ll get us inside and sate your urges to walk through filth, trash, and worse.”

“Just don’t say I didn’t warn you, sternly and balefully.”
The warrior points at them with the ominous look of one who has seen (and smelled) true horror. “While there is such a way of getting us into the tower and the entrance is truly inconspicuous, the smell inside is not. You have to remember which bowels taint this piping section and the scale of epic gluttony that man indulges in. I’ve had the unfortunate displeasure of working long enough for Doddoddod the Gravy Elemental to know that he has some severe digestive problems.”

Woe massages his now painfully spasming hand.

“You Have Been Warned.”

Atreus grabs his gear and re-checks his new equipment " I am ready to leave. Lead on Woe, we shall follow"

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Tristan & Covaithe]Mikara, beginning to sober up looks back at Tristan with as serious an expression as she can muster,

"No. My mind is drained
I don't think I could ask one
that makes any sense."

Turning back to Brunt,

"Sir, we are for you.
These false fugitives
will smell like daisies.

(without having to be buried beneath them)."[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases