Adventure: Love Bites

Dunamin

First Post
Cue

Just then, the servant Fritz comes pounding up the stairs, face flushed. "What's going on? Woe? I thought you were dead? Where's Master Doddoddod?"
Atreus is about to wait for Woe's answer but thinks it best not to hesitate in this situation " Doddoddod is not feeling well but no need to worry, Palindrome is here taking care of him Fritz. He wishes not to be disturbed. Another thing, you must not speak of this to others, nor reveal that Palindrome and Woe have returned to the tower. Do you understand? "
“Like he said, Fritzie, but less ice and more ease, dig?” Woe points a good-humoured thumb at Atreus.

“It’s nothin’ but Pal’s usual manic routine after another dramatic failure at anger management class for frenzied sociopaths. Big Dod was so flabbergasted that he tipped over in his chair, but his faithful toady apprentice is tending to him as we speak. Same old same old, you know what them mages are like.”

The fighter jovially pats Fritz on the back and leads him away while they speak.

“Don’t sweat the gossip papers; as you can tell, the rumours of our deaths are wildly exaggerated. Last job turned into a set-up, though, so it’s mighty important that our presence here is kept tighter under wraps than silk corsets on some of those nuns from Vena’s temple... Ahh yes, the McPious sisters sure give some amazing "blessings"...”

Woe starts daydreaming again, recalling more fond memories.

“But where was I? Right, just don’t let in any visitors until this mess gets sorted out, okay? The last thing we need is bounty hunters breathing down our necks.”

[sblock=Intro]I believe that could serve nicely as your cue, guys. ;)[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Kathalia watches in grim fascination as Karse struggles to dominate the amply-proportioned wizard.

As anyone who has spent more than a few minutes with her would attest, Kathalia is not exactly the brightest light in the candelabra. In fact, there are probably a few abandoned crypts that are brighter. Nonetheless, even she can tell that Woe and Atreus are trying their best to mislead the servant, and, though it has taken nearly her entire life, she has finally learned that there are, in fact, occasions that call for her keeping her mouth shut.

The sight of Hacker curled up by the fire is too much for her to leave unremarked upon, however.

"Awww... how cute! Come on you guys, isn't he just darling? Isn't he?"

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Mikara and Covaithe]"Why thank you, lowly servant person," Tristan says to Mikara in a silly impersonation of a noble accent. After walking past her into the tower he stops with the facade, laughing. "I really don't get what people think is so great about cities and all the garbage that goes along with them."

He leads the way, following the sound of Fritz' panicked footsteps upstairs.[/sblock]
An elf wearing a heavy cloak and bearing a bow and rather large sword across his back steps into the room. Long black hair, some braided, some not, lays haphazardly around his head. He quickly takes in the scene, but doesn't seem alarmed.

"Hi there." The elf gives a little wave. "You wouldn't happen to be those guys accused of killing that Arnest Glass-town person, are you? It would be really convenient if you were." The elf smiles.
[sblock=OOC]Kathalia[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
“The last thing we need is bounty hunters breathing down our necks.”
Woe is struck by bafflement at the intruder’s arrival and casts a disapproving look at Fritz. Then he brightens up, clears his throat, and stares intently at the sky.

“But what I really meant to say was: The last thing we need is a team of pigtailed brunette masseuses with fragrant oils and happy endings on their mind.”

The warrior looks expectantly at the stairs behind Tristan, clearly waiting for something to happen. When there's no reaction, he sighs and draws his spear and shield.

"You wouldn't happen to be those guys accused of killing that Arnest Glass-town person, are you? It would be really convenient if you were."
“No, but we’re the famous Dancing Doormen of Doddoddod, renowned for handling intruders with our brand new revolutionary Catapult-Ejection Services. Now, you wouldn’t happen to be the latest test subject we’ve been waiting for, Mrs Crash T Dummy?”

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara steps into the room, bow drawn. Now long hair here, just a really sarcastic expression between pointy ears, "That's Ms. Crash T Dummy to you, and, by the way, I suppose that would be me." She aims carefully at Woe's face, "I'd hate to use this, it would waste a fine arrow." The blood on her own tunic and hose is still very visible beneath the openings in her armor, "Being dead is not as uncommon as I was beginning to think. Twice in a row, now that would be something."

KenHood

First Post
Hacker opens one eye and snorts in derision.

"Oh, give me a ***** break! Not even twenty-four ***** hours, and I'm exposed to another ***** round of gawds-***** posturing from a bunch of hopped-up ad-*****-venturer types. Gawds! Yeah, we get it! We ***** get it! You're tough. He's tough. We're all ***** tough. Next thing you know, Whistle-Britches will start his 'I'm not posturing, but I'm deeply paranoid and have severe trust issues, so I'm going to threaten you with violence, but REALLY, I'm not posturing' routine. *****! Get a ***** life, you losers! Hey, here's a novel ***** idea for you! How about when you meet a new person, you ***** say, 'Hello!' Then, you ***** introduce yourself. And you do it without pointing a weapon at a complete ***** stranger! Gawds-***** it! You know you're going to end up working together, so could we please dispense with the bull*****?!"

"I mean, *****! What sick, *****-up, twisted-***** world do you live in that you think it's appropriate to walk into someone else's HOME, point a WEAPON in a stranger's face, and threaten to KILL them?! Do you not see the absolute ***** absurdity of what you're doing?! In your head, do you think that you're the good guy or the hero of the story BECAUSE you're doing this?! Last time I checked, it's the bad guys that run about threatening people willy-*****-nilly. *****, it's so ***** bad that civilized folk invented these little things called--oh, what's that **** word?--LAWS that codify society's general disapproval of these actions. Yeah, that's right. You're the ***** villain of this set piece!"

"You know what? ***** this *****, and ***** you, you crazy ***** psycho elf-chick. I don't have time for this bull*****. When you guys get this sorted out, come find me. I'll be making a ***** sandwich in the ***** kitchen, assuming I can ***** find it."

Hacker storms out and slams the door.

Hacker opens the door again and points at Tristan.

"Now, Mr. Elf, I'm not ***** at you. The whole 'Hi, there. Are you the crazy killer guys?' schtick had style and a measure of class."

"But you..."

He points at Woe.

"And you..."

He points at Mikara.

"Grow the ***** up! And learn some ***** manners!"

"And you..."

He points at Fritz.

"Get your gawds-***** ***** over here and direct me to the ***** kitchen!"

Fritz bustles through the door as Hacker holds it open. The gnome slams the door again.

Through the closed door, you hear him shouting to himself, "Oh, look at me! I'm so tough! I'm going to threaten a stranger! Wow! You're not so tough! I'm tougher, so I'm going to threaten you for threatening me! Pfah! I'm going to threaten you for threatening me for threatening you! Not so fast! I'm going to *****! *****! *****! *****! *****! Yes, Fritz, it IS juvenille bull*****!"

The sound dies as he stomps away down the hall.

Last edited:

Atriden

First Post
Atreus raises an eyebrow during Hacker's display of many words and is relieved when he decides to leave the room along with Fritz. Turning his attention to the newcomers he makes a simple welcoming gesture with his hand " Welcome elf's " he says with some bitterness.
H.M.Gimlord said:
Mikara steps into the room, bow drawn. Now long hair here, just a really sarcastic expression between pointy ears, "That's Ms. Crash T Dummy to you, and, by the way, I suppose that would be me." She aims carefully at Woe's face, "I'd hate to use this, it would waste a fine arrow." The blood on her own tunic and hose is still very visible beneath the openings in her armor, "Being dead is not as uncommon as I was beginning to think. Twice in a row, now that would be something."
Atreus looks at Mikara with a grin " Just to be clear, if we were murderous bastards, I am not sure that raising your weapon would be the best way to greet them. It also seems that you have misinterpret the situation, since you are in no position to threaten us. We outnumber you by at least two, so lower your bow or I shall repay every arrow your kin as shot in me with a swing of my axe, and trust me when I say, there won't be anything left to identify you " he says confidently without pulling his axe forth.
Lord Sessadore said:
"Hi there." The elf gives a little wave. "You wouldn't happen to be those guys accused of killing that Arnest Glass-town person, are you? It would be really convenient if you were." The elf smiles.
The undead's ghostly glowing red eyes now fall upon Tristan " I shall answer your question with a question. What business do you have with them? What are your intentions? If you answer mine I will answer yours " he says flat out

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Well, we're not trying to hunt them down for the bounty. We've already claimed a bounty about seventy times as big today, so maybe our quota's full." Tristan grins at the strangers. "However, judging by your reaction," he nods at the man with the spear and shield, "you are the group we're looking for. We're actually here to help you out. So the spear really is unnecessary."

"Oh, I'm Tristan, by the way. This is Mikara," he says, gesturing to the female elf with the bow.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases