Adventure: Love Bites

Dunamin

First Post
Mikara steps into the room, bow drawn. Now long hair here, just a really sarcastic expression between pointy ears, "That's Ms. Crash T Dummy to you, and, by the way, I suppose that would be me."
Woe gives Mikara a sly wink when she corrects him on her marital status.

“Hmmm, no pigtails and seems to be running low on fragrant oils, but I guess you’ll do.”
She aims carefully at Woe's face, "I'd hate to use this, it would waste a fine arrow."
“Don’t worry, doll, I’ll more than cover your loss. I got something similarly long and hard that you can handle, but it'll feel much more natural in your hands and sports superb penetrating properties.”

Hacker rants
“He sorta reminds me of someone I knew,” the merc ponders.

"Well, we're not trying to hunt them down for the bounty. We've already claimed a bounty about seventy times as big today, so maybe our quota's full." Tristan grins at the strangers. "However, judging by your reaction," he nods at the man with the spear and shield, "you are the group we're looking for. We're actually here to help you out."
“Well whaddaya know,” Woe lowers his arms. “Ain’t that a change of pace.”

“You’ll have to forgive that we’re more than a little jumpy, Trysty. For the last few days people have kept getting the hilarious idea of trying to kill us. Quite occasionally they succeed, too.”

Woe strolls over to lounge on Doddoddod’s finest divan, resting his still sewage-covered boots on a finely decorated Kythirian silk-leaf pillow.

“So why and how are you gonna’ help us out, exactly? Don’t suppose you can start with something strong and smooth to drink, considering the slices of bounty you’ve been collecting?” Woe beams a smile at Mikara. “Don’t worry, honey, I got plenty of ideas how you can help me.”

The warrior digs out the Screamer copy that Atreus got him and admires the illustration of him.

“I’m Woe Chinua, but of course you knew that already.”

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Oh, look at me! I'm so tough! I'm going to threaten a stranger! Wow! You're not so tough! I'm tougher, so I'm going to threaten you for threatening me! Pfah! I'm going to threaten you for threatening me for threatening you! Not so fast! I'm going to...

Mikara giggles uncontrollably as Hacker finishes his rant and walks out the door, "Yes, little fellow. We should threaten each other more politely, eh?"

“So why and how are you gonna’ help us out, exactly?
Mikara lowers her bow, understanding, now, that Woe's stance was one of defense and not of aggression. Still attempting to stifle the temptation to fall on the floor laughing, not that Woe's comments helped her regain her composure in any way, she attempts to answer the fighter's questions, "Tristan," she nods to Tristan, "and I have been tasked with protecting you (not sure you're in much need of that. You seem like a capable enough bunch), and clearing your name (now with that you will need help). Unfortunately, our employer was light on specifics. I imagine that was because he himself wasn't aware of any."
"..I shall repay every arrow your kin as shot in me with a swing of my axe, and trust me when I say, there won't be anything left to identify you "
She turns to Atreus, still giggling, but a little more serious,"As for my kin, I seriously doubt any of them put an arrow in you. They wouldn't have the spine," she sheaths the arrow, "That's why I'm here and they're not." Mikara pulls her ears down, "We're not all alike you know," she continues to giggle...
“Don’t suppose you can start with something strong and smooth to drink, considering the slices of bounty you’ve been collecting?” Woe beams a smile at Mikara. “Don’t worry, honey, I got plenty of ideas how you can help me.”
...and continues to answer the more mundane of Woe's requests (no not those;)), "I'm afraid that the lion-share of our reward was claimed from us by the church of Lauto," she turns to Tristan with a glance that says, 'OK, I've just got to say it. He set me up', and she continues, "but a drink might not be a bad idea. Is there anything we can have here?"

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Re: Ho Ho Ho]Did I miss Christams Eve, or is that today? (I recognize that the time zones make it quite possible that the previous posts were actually made on Christmas Day). 'case I don't get around to it tomorrow (I imagine I'll be pretty busy) Merry Christmas Y'all![/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
“You’ll have to forgive that we’re more than a little jumpy, Trysty. For the last few days people have kept getting the hilarious idea of trying to kill us. Quite occasionally they succeed, too.”
"Oh, you too? It does get a little tiresome after a while. Though I suppose you all are either doing better than we did, or Lauto has done you some favors too."

Tristan shrugs and takes Woe's sitting down as an invitation to do the same, collapsing into a comfortable looking chair. "Anyway, that's all beside the point. Like Mikara said, we're here to 'keep you safe'," his sarcastic tone indicating what he thinks of that, "and to clear your name. To be honest, I have no idea how we're going to accomplish this." The elf grins apologetically. "I just took the job 'cause I was bored. Any bright ideas to convince the mindless masses of your innocence?"
[sblock=Re: Ho Ho Ho]It's a day early for me too, but what the heck. I probably won't be on much tomorrow either anyway.

Merry Christmas everyone![/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
"I have been tasked with protecting you (not sure you're in much need of that. "
“I see. So that would make you my personal bodyguard, then?” Woe smirks “I like the thought of that.”

"I'm afraid that the lion-share of our reward was claimed from us by the church of Lauto," she turns to Tristan with a glance that says, 'OK, I've just got to say it. He set me up', and she continues, "but a drink might not be a bad idea. Is there anything we can have here?"
“Now that’s a woman by my head; I got exactly what you need.”

Woe taps the divan’s wooden support underneath him and a small secret compartment opens up, which holds a short but stocky bottle. He draws it out, revealing it as a double-corked, sealed, chained, and warded bottle, if the sinister glowing red runes are any indication. There is no inscription explaining the contents, only a crudely drawn angry cracked skull with fumes escaping from its eye-sockets.

“I know how it feels to be cheated out of your rightful reward. My latest Payment Provider had the audacity to ignite and immolate himself horribly to death, then escape with his crumbled incinerated remains in the arms of his gold-tusked lackey. Without paying me. I swear, the nerve of some people...”

While speaking the warrior twists the chains apart, breaks the seal, and uncorks the bottle, suffering a tempest of tiny zaps from the warding runes in the process. He pours the slightly luminescent light-green liquid, not into glasses but into solid single-piece granite-cut mugs, and places the drinks on a small central table.

"Oh, you too? It does get a little tiresome after a while. Though I suppose you all are either doing better than we did, or Lauto has done you some favors too."
Woe casts a look at Atreus, laughing.

“Well, I don’t know about that. Don’t feel alarmed or discouraged, but people die around me like a plague.”

"Like Mikara said, we're here to 'keep you safe'," his sarcastic tone indicating what he thinks of that, "and to clear your name. To be honest, I have no idea how we're going to accomplish this." The elf grins apologetically. "I just took the job 'cause I was bored. Any bright ideas to convince the mindless masses of your innocence?"
“Yes, but I’ll hold on to my plan in case our current employer takes step to help us out. He has incentive to do so, as you’ll find out.”

Woe drinks deeply from one of the mugs and a barely audible sizzling sound emanates from his throat.

“Aaahh, that’s the stuff. Clears your throat like a purging flame.”

KenHood

First Post
The door bursts open and Hacker (with a sandwich in one hand) pokes his head into the room. His nostrils flare as he snuffles the air. His nose leads him directly to the open bottle.

"Ah-ha! I thought I smelled something."

Disdaining a mug, the halfling takes up the entire bottle, hefts it over a shoulder, and swigs. As sparks dance and smoke issues from his nose and ears, he pauses for a breath. He looks at the bottle and shrugs. "Eh. It's a little on the weak side."

He takes a huge bite of sandwich. As he speaks, bits of food fly from his mouth. "Hey, looks like everyone in the room is still alive, so I reckon I can assume that y'all have decided to act civil. 'Tis a fine thing, it is. But I'll bet you a gold piece that as soon as I left the room, ole' Whistlebritches there..." He points at Atreus. "...said something threatening, but tried to act like it was some sort of half-***** promise or a description of fact, rather than the preening cock-o'-the-yard crowin' it is."

Hacker guzzles down a significant portion of the bottle. He pauses for a breath, then burps, shooting a lightning bolt from his mouth that burns a hole through the Limited Edition King Bob IX Divan.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara takes a mug and examines the contents. A look of recognition comes across her face, and she downs the whole tumbler in one drought. She closes one eye and rolls the other up as if in thought about something. She nods to herself and relaxes into an open chair with a contented smile on her face. No smoke. No hissing. Just contentment.

"Not weak, little friend.
Just a bit on the bland side.
It isn't like wine.

It won't age into perfection. Like sewage:
If it's bad at the beginning, it stays bad."

KenHood

First Post
"Oooooooh! A poet! A wordsmith! What a delight, friend elf!"

[sblock=OOC]Hey, Covaithe!

Since we're not doin' nothin' (yet), can I make an adjustment to my boy's character sheet and replace one of his feats with the Fey Heritage (or whatever) that provides a +1 bonus to charm based attacks?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases