Goblin Smash!

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
I said I'd make it and someone reminded me to do so...

Goblin Hulk Level 8 Solo Brute
Small natural humaniod Exp: 1750
Initiative: 7 Senses Perception +7; low-light vision
HP: 368; Bloodied: 184 see calm weakling
AC: 22 Fortitude: 23 Reflex: 20 Will: 22
Saving Throws +5
Speed 7, see also goblin tactics
Action points: 2

:bmelee: Smash (standard; at-will)
+11 vs. AC, 2d6+5 damage

:melee: Violent Toss (standard; at-will)
+9 vs. Fortitude, 1d6+5 damage and the target is pushed 4 squares.

:ranged: Throw (standard; at-will)
Ranged 10, +9 vs. Reflex, 1d6+5 damage

Friend hurt? HULK MAD! (immediate reaction, when an ally within 10 squares drops to 0 HP, at-will)
The goblin hulk makes one smash or throw attack against one enemy within 10 squares. On a hit, the target is also stunned (save ends).

Roar of Rage (minor 1/round; recharges when a critical hit is scored against the goblin hulk)
The goblin hulk loses 46 HP and gains an action point.

Source of Anger (move; at-will)
The goblin hulk loses any mark placed on it and gains a +2 bonus to damage rolls against the last enemy that hit it until the end of turn.

Calm weakling
When the goblin hulk has maximum HP, it is weakened and its speed is 5.

You won't like me when I'm angry (free, when the goblin hulk first reaches 322 HP, encounter)
The goblin hulk deals an additional 1d6 damage until the end of the encounter.

Mad
While the goblin hulk is marked, it gains a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls against the creature that marked it.

Very Mad
When the goblin hulk is takes ongoing damage, its attacks deal an additional 1d6 damage until the end of it's next turn.

Very Very Mad
Whenthe goblin hulk is pushed or pulled at least 1 square, it deals an additional 1d6 damage until the end of it's next turn.

Incredible Leap (move, at-will)
The goblin hulk shift up to its speed. The goblin hulk ignores difficlt terrian during this movement.

Goblin Tactics (immediate reaction, when missed by a melee attack; at-will)
The goblin hulk shifts 1 square.

Alignment: Evil Languages: Common, Goblin
Str: 21 (+9)
Dex: 17 (+7)
Wis: 17 (+7)
Con: 20 (+9)
Int: 20 (+9)
Cha: 13 (+5)

Equipment: Ripped purple pants

Don't get him angry. He'll TPK your party faster.
DM: Use d4s if you're nice.

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Nice, but a little too complicated for my tastes.

I'd roll all the "Mad" abilities into one. Also, I'd dropped the "Stunned (save ends)" from "Friend hurt? HULK MAD!"- an at will stun, save ends, is horrendously good at shutting a pc or two down. I gave a xvart slaver an at will stunned, save ends ability, and I couldn't believe how much it impacted the combats with those xvarts in 'em.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
The "Stunned (save ends)" is mostly an economic action boost. Since it's a Brute, It should miss 1/2 the targets and 1/2 of the them should save next turn.

The whole idea behind the monster is to kill it without making it madder. So you shouldn't KO all the minions one by one like you'd normally do.

Mesh Hong

First Post
I am trying to figure out if this creature is completely serious, half serious or completery tongue in cheek. :p

Friend Hurt? HULK MAD! is exceptional as an at will. Combined with very mad and very very mad this could get very messy very quickly.

Roar of Rage I really like.

Calm Weakling doesn't really make any sense. If you are unconscious then effectively your speed is already 0 (not 5) and your DPR is Zero (halving that is still zero)

You wont like me when I'm angry should probably include for the goblin changing from a small to a large creature and improve its melee attacks to reach 2

Equipment: Ripped pants should be changed to Ripped purple pants

Maybe the goblin hulk should be vulnerable to pretty young girls and resistant to any attacks from military alligned creatures?

You won't like me when i'm angry
If the hulk has already used his Imediate action on that particular turn then he won't be able to activate this the rest of the fight, I can't see why this can't be a free action.

Source of Anger
Move actions are almost never used for anything other than movement, and I don't see why this can't be a minor action. I quite like the idea of it just brushing aside the defender and charging down some annoying Archer. It does however potentially neuter the defender, so maybe make this recharge 5,6 instead of at-will.

Friend hurt? HULK MAD!
Agreed with other people that this is going to be crippling for the heroes, perhaps more than you anticipate, suggest making it dazed instead for a still potent effect and target only the character that killed Hulk's ally.

Goblin Tactics
you could drop this, since you'll be saving the immediate action for Friend hurt? HULK MAD! and Hulk should be about beating you with enourmous fists, not sneaking about...

Action Points: 2
Really? I'd be careful here, especially since it can gain more

Overall: I'm concerned this guy might be a bit much, even for a Brute Solo
for example:

lvl7 fighter uses come & get it to pull in this guy and a couple of nearby goblin minions on the 1st round. Unaware of its powers he resolves his attack on the hulk first, then kills the two minions
Hulk response: one slam 3d6+7 plus stun
four Throw 2d6+5 plus stun

Remaining unstunned Pcs open up on the Hulk, triggering You won't like me when I'm angry (if it were a free action)

Hulk's turn: slam 4d6+7
action point: slam 4d6+7

Thats a potential average of 108pts of damage and it can do this another 2 times. Anyone know how that compares with similar brutes?

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
The "Stunned (save ends)" is mostly an economic action boost. Since it's a Brute, It should miss 1/2 the targets and 1/2 of the them should save next turn.

But the way you're doing it is bad (imho), because instead of giving the monster more actions (= scared players) you are robbing them of the ability to act (= bored players).

If you really want a "stunned (save ends)" effect, I would change it to a single attack on the triggering enemy. But stunning the whole party (potentially) every round is a nightmare. How many players will enjoy using their turn to make a save, and then getting stunned again as soon as they take out a bad guy?

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
It was 50% serious 50% tongue-in-cheek "You guys kill my monsters too quick" monster.

You won't like me when i'm angry
You're right. Should be a free action or it might not trigger.

Source of Anger
I had it as a Move action the show that the hulk is literally turning around and seriously glaring at the person who it him. The move action also forces him to charging or burning AP if the enemy is far away.

Friend hurt? HULK MAD!
Yeah. It's a beastly power. Stunning everyone is mean. One target then.

Calm wealking
the uncouncious part is redundant. What other things revert Hulk back to Banner?

Gotta keep Goblin Tactics since he's a goblin.

Volin

First Post
Keep in mind, friend hurt, hulk mad currently only targets one enemy. You only get one immediate reaction per round.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases