Kalagni?

Thread: Kalagni?

Kalagni?

Just curious what was that monster Kalagni (from epic bestiary 3) going to be like? Says its a "cosmic Tarrasque" and CR 1000 and that sounds interesting

Well, I can't speak to what UK would have done with the idea, but there is another such beast already available online: somebody wanted to see what the end boss of Chrono Trigger might look like. They latched on to the appearance similarities between Lavos and the Tarrasque, and sort of went to town with it.

Brobdingnagian Teratoid Tarrasque - d20 NPC Wiki: GM's source of stat blocks for several d20 systems

It's a pretty scary beast!

Hello there Yqatuba!

...and welcome ENWorld!

Quote Originally Posted by Yqatuba
    Just curious what was that monster Kalagni (from epic bestiary 3) going to be like? Says its a "cosmic Tarrasque" and CR 1000 and that sounds interesting
    The Kalagni is a little known monster from Hindu Myth. It has 1000 heads and is known as the Flame of Time. Its also something of a 'Doomsday' monster, which is sort of like an upscaling of the Tarrasque role in D&D.

I pictured it as a terrible monster that devours time and so it appears as though it has 1000 heads to us. So its individual heads would look disembodied. Possibly 'swarm-like' almost. One idea I had for a power was that you could only injure the Kalagni by actually injuring yourself while within the swarm. Although I haven't fully developed it beyond that at this juncture. I do think I'll have it statted for 4E at some point though (fingers crossed).

Kalagni

Kalagni: Spiritual Theosophical Dictionary on Kalagni

Kalagni (Sanskrit). The flame of time. A divine Being created by Siva, a monster with 1,000 heads. A title of Siva meaning "the fire of fate".

Kalagni: Spiritual - Theosophy Dictionary on Kalagni

Kalagni (Sanskrit) (from kala time + agni fire, flame)

The flame of time, with reference to time's ineluctable consuming or regeneration of manifested beings and things. A name of the god Hari, as the destroyer or regenerator of all things.

Okay, new Epic monster challenge then.

Wow, that's quite a beast.

Hiya mate!

Quote Originally Posted by paradox42
    Okay, new Epic monster challenge then.

Wow, that's quite a beast.
    ...this is why I'm not revealing new monster ideas anymore until I have them finished!

Might just have to stat this out...

With your blessings of course UK

Quick Reply Quick Reply