What monster will be in Vampire Bestiary?

Howdy Yqatuba! :)

Yqatuba said:
title says it all

There are lots and lots of monsters in the Vampire Bestiary (approaching 100 IIRC). I haven't revealed the full list yet*.

*In case paradox42 has them all created for 3.5E before I have the book released. ;)

What I have revealed so far is:

- There is a Nosferatu entry with multiple stat blocks
- There is a Dragon, which is a Cosmic Dragon
- Kali is in it (she's the one on the cover)
- The monsters cover a fairly even spread between Levels 1-40, with maybe a few surprises after that.

There might be a bit more information in this thread...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/eternity-publishing-hosted-forum/260249-vampire-bestiary.html

paradox42

First Post
Howdy Yqatuba! :)

There are lots and lots of monsters in the Vampire Bestiary (approaching 100 IIRC). I haven't revealed the full list yet*.

*In case paradox42 has them all created for 3.5E before I have the book released. ;)

What I have revealed so far is:

- There is a Nosferatu entry with multiple stat blocks
- There is a Dragon, which is a Cosmic Dragon
- Kali is in it (she's the one on the cover)
- The monsters cover a fairly even spread between Levels 1-40, with maybe a few surprises after that.

There might be a bit more information in this thread...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/eternity-publishing-hosted-forum/260249-vampire-bestiary.html
Relax. The campaign world my PCs started on is very undead-light, so I don't have much experience running them, and therefore wouldn't be able to do anything like the Akalich without plenty more examples to work from. :)

The dragons I'm able to do mostly because I had created several Epic breeds for my own game long before the Bestiary ever came out, and besides that the Bestiary itself gives us guidelines for creating them. I just took my old dragon write-ups as templates and filled them in with new information for each of the super-dragons I've done to date.

Since the Bestiary gives us the powers of each choir, I could make new angels too if I felt like it- but I'd honestly be more interested in making examples of the dimensional races we haven't seen yet, like the Elementars and the Umbrals. I'm also curious what the powers of the higher Inevitables look like, since the ones from the various WotC books aren't actually as uniform as you'd think machines of ultimate Law would be. :hmm:

@paradox42, well hopefully I'll get around to versions of the Inevitables, Elementars and Umbrals.

While the first 4E monster book (after the Vampire Bestiary that is) will be Angels & Devils*, the second monster book (in the pipeline that is) will indeed feature the Umbrals.

*Although in truth that book could be called Abominations, Angels, Devils & Giants...I just didn't think it was as catchy.

By the way, I don't own it yet, but didn't WotC do an air/storm based Abomination in the "Plane Below" book? I wonder how close to the Amilictli that is?

Yqatuba said:
Whats the most powerful monster in it? (guessing Kali)

Nope, and I ain't saying yet either. :p

I think I already stated somewhere that Kali was a Level 35 Solo Brute, so since the book has monsters at least up to 40th-level, she couldn't be the most powerful...or could she? :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases