LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornedturtle

First Post
Well when they make a death saving through they get the roll or 10 whichever is higher, so they can never die from 3 rolls of 9 or less.

Velmont

First Post
Unless they got a penalty to there death saving throw, or they get enough damage to get over there bloodied value in the negative, they will stay dying for a long time.

evilbob

Explorer
Or unless it's 5 minutes after the battle ended, in which case I think they can stand up. If I recall (going without books here), you can spend surges at the end of a battle during a 5 min rest, and if you have no surges you can heal 1 HP - so 5 mins after a battle is over, you get up with 1 HP left. But yeah, the main way you get killed is if you get down to negative your bloodied value. It's hard to die otherwise. (And there are some paragon paths/epic destinies that make it much harder.)

hornedturtle said:
Is the Staff of Ruin just extra extra damage?
Yup. But here's the thing: it's extra damage every single time you ever use it, ever. And it costs you nothing: no resources, no item uses, etc. No daily power can match that kind of utility. You might use the daily item power; you will always use the extra damage property.

Again, though: this is my opinion. And in my opinion, properties > daily item powers.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Except, as per errata, the staff has to be used with the attack. Two staffs of ruin doesn't add.

evilbob

Explorer
Very true.

Which is why you hold an orb of Nimble Thoughts in your off-hand, since it gives a static bonus - and an encounter power - and doesn't require you to cast through it to use either. ;) Only good for Int-based characters, though - others should find a different property-based off-hand item.

Have I mentioned properties > daily item powers? :)

renau1g

First Post
Have I mentioned properties > daily item powers? :)

Agreed. Iron Armbands of Power, Bracers of Archery and Staffs of Ruin are probably the best item for the majority of PCs. Multi-attackers (like Area attackers, rangers, and whirling barbarians) get so much benefit out of them.

Mezegis

First Post
In transitioning to the new enwiki site, Ryda’s character sheet got severely messed up, both in formatting, and since I needed to use an old version dredged up from the bowels in the enworld wiki, I lost my 2nd approval (Email came from Michael Sawi, whomever that is on the boards) I hadn’t actually noticed until now, when I have to level her up.

My question is, since I’m pretty much going to have to remake her, should I make her at level 4, submit her for approval, and then level her up and resubmit her, or just build her for level 5?

twilsemail

First Post
Agreed. Iron Armbands of Power, Bracers of Archery and Staffs of Ruin are probably the best item for the majority of PCs. Multi-attackers (like Area attackers, rangers, and whirling barbarians) get so much benefit out of them.

I'd just like to toss out the opinion that those items are the most optimal choices for most PCs. I don't particularly think that most optimal = Best. I mean it's oten the best, depending on how much focus there is on RP vs. Challenge and the like.

I hope that didn't come off as too preachy.

twilsemail

First Post
Apologies for the double post.

Is there a site other than Invisible Castle that's generally accepted in these parts for dice rolls? iCast is blocked at work, though some others are not.

Worst case scenario I can roll through iCast on my phone and type out the link here...

Reposted from the Tavern thread to avoid an OOC distraction there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases