LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornedturtle

First Post
If my psion is wielding two orbs or a orb and a staff would I need to declare which one he is casting a power through? For example a staff of psicraft and a orb of unfailing concentration both say "using this" staff or orb.

twilsemail

First Post
If my psion is wielding two orbs or a orb and a staff would I need to declare which one he is casting a power through? For example a staff of psicraft and a orb of unfailing concentration both say "using this" staff or orb.

While I'm new to PbP I know this would be expected at the table so I can't see why it wouldn't be expected here. This goes double for Superior Implements and implements with properties and powers.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
You need to specify, as the enhancement bonuses may be different or the properties. Only items that don't specify that you must use it on the attack benefit you regardless.

Vertexx69

First Post
Would the staff of corrosion or the serpents' properties work with melee implement attacks made with the staff? Like when a druid is in beast form? The staff descriptions don't say melee "weapon" attacks. As long as it has the Melee keyword I believe it should yes.
What about close attacks that are described in the book as attacks with the druid's body? (ie; swarming locusts, scatter form, flowing swarm and the like?) I know close powers that conjure primal spirits for an attack or summon thunder/lightning won't get the bonus 1d6, but the ones that say "your swarm form" strike me as close melee attacks like the close martial powers that use a big swing to hit multiple targets.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
What about close attacks that are described in the book as attacks with the druid's body? (ie; swarming locusts, scatter form, flowing swarm and the like?) I know close powers that conjure primal spirits for an attack or summon thunder/lightning won't get the bonus 1d6, but the ones that say "your swarm form" strike me as close melee attacks like the close martial powers that use a big swing to hit multiple targets.

The staff properties are explicit. If the power has the melee keyword, it works. If the power does not have the melee keyword, it does not work. The game rules of how the power works does not take into account the fluff of how we might imagine powers working.

Property: Any melee attack made with this staff deals +1d6 acid damage.
Property: Any melee attack made with this staff deals +1d6 poison damage.

If a close attack has the melee keyword, then the staff adds the extra damage, regardless of whether it is a weapon or implement attack. If not, it doesn't.

hornedturtle

First Post
My issue is that i'm trying to decide if i should go with a staff of psycraft or a staff of the war mage for my psion, both let you increase the area of a burst or blast power by one but the psycraft one is two levels higher and has agument 2 to regain use of the item's power but the staff of the warmage does not require the power to be chanel through it. I plan on using the staff with a orb of life conversion.

hornedturtle

First Post
Is the Staff of Ruin just extra extra damage?

Also interesting question what happens to a Warforged with no surges left who is at negative hit points? does he just stay there forever?

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Is the Staff of Ruin just extra extra damage?

Also interesting question what happens to a Warforged with no surges left who is at negative hit points? does he just stay there forever?
I think you have to put in more batteries :p

Can't Warforges die like everything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases