LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

renau1g

First Post
According to the charter the judge should take over... unfortunately it's tax season for me & I can't commit to any sort of decent post rate.

There are a few options.

1) The judge takes over and runs to completion
2) Someone takes over and runs to completion
3) The judge ends the adventure after the current encounter in some sort of wrap up.

I think 2 weeks is not rushing it. In L4W we were talking about additional time xp for those stuck with this situation

hornedturtle

First Post
I'm not in the game in question but I would vote for option three and leave open the posablity of finshing/resuming the adventure someday.

Luinnar

First Post
If we stopped the adventure would we get partial xp for it?

Also, is anyone planning on DMing an adventure anytime soon for 5 people? (I think we are all level 4) That could be an option if everyone else is game. Finish up the encounter (we are almost done) and transfer over.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
You do get time rewards and whatever Xp awards you should have gotten (approximated if they were not handed out).

You'll have to check in the upcoming adventures thread. Other than Evo's follow up, I'm not sure.

evilbob

Explorer
Well that would certainly be in my favor. The only thing I can think of against that, is that you're Main Hand and you're Off Hand are distinguished as being two different item slots. It would seem odd, to suddenly be able to claim which hand is which (say in the middle of combat), instead of having to take an action to unequip each hand, and reequip each hand.
I'm pretty sure you can determine which hand is "primary" and which is your "off hand" for each attack you make. There's no action involved to "switch" - in fact, you are not "switching" at all, you're just using a different weapon for that attack. I haven't checked the books or anything, but I am pretty sure it works that way.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure you can determine which hand is "primary" and which is your "off hand" for each attack you make. There's no action involved to "switch" - in fact, you are not "switching" at all, you're just using a different weapon for that attack. I haven't checked the books or anything, but I am pretty sure it works that way.

There are no rules for this.

But, Character Builder has two separate slots, so there is a precedence.

renau1g

First Post
But for the CB you can also right click on each power card to add the non-primary handed item to the card to make the attack through. It's not clear cut so I think it'd fall in the DM's court. I would rule that you can select with each attack.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Aren't some ranger powers Off-hand only? Is it a balance concern if you can always use your best weapon for these attacks?

I would think so.

It's probably a case that there are not enough powers and feats yet that allow for main vs. off hand effects to the point that it justifies rules.

Velmont

First Post
Aren't some ranger powers Off-hand only? Is it a balance concern if you can always use your best weapon for these attacks?

Well, there is some circumstance where you can't do that. Unless you are a melee ranger, you can't have two longsword so the shortsword would always be the off-hand, no matter what you want to do. Now, if you are a melee ranger and can wield two longsword, now you are stuck in a gray area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases